2021 Sxpectations

Just now, Wally63 said:

Except no one talked about you.

Ouch.  Just cut me off right at the knees... :(

• Haha 1

Just now, Wally63 said:

Does this happen before or after the KTM pumpkin pie sac slathering?

Before or after?  AS IF!  It is always at the same time.  We KTM guys need to produce a lot of special sauce to turn our pumpkins white.

Brand loyalty circle jerks are 24/7/365!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eastreich said:

Before or after?  AS IF!  It is always at the same time.  We KTM guys need to produce a lot of special sauce to turn our pumpkins white.

Brand loyalty circle jerks are 24/7/365!

I think KTM is the best, or one of the best bikes you can get, they're killing it.  It's just hard to be associated with the pumpkin humpers who worshipped the brand back when for MX and SX they just plain sucked.  Anything older that about 2012 was a joke, and I really don't think for the average consumer the package was there until AER in 2017.  The problem isn't the bike, it's the disciples.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 3

34 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I think KTM is the best, or one of the best bikes you can get, they're killing it.  It's just hard to be associated with the pumpkin humpers who worshipped the brand back when for MX and SX they just plain sucked.  Anything older that about 2012 was a joke, and I really don't think for the average consumer the package was there until AER in 2017.  The problem isn't the bike, it's the disciples.

So you're saying... it's not the bike?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mxaniac said:

Oh don't you bad mouth my 505!  But really, that engine overshadowed the shortcomings of the chassis. 

You aren't wrong!  The hardest part of buying that bike in the fall of 2008 was then being lumped in with the orange kool aid drinkers.  Don't even get me started on the attitudes in the KTMTalk forums...

Every time I start to think that bike guys are so beholden to a brand I just think back to the years I snowmobiled.  Dirt bikers have NOTHING on the sled guys.  We all sing kumbaya together compared to those yahoos.

• Haha 2