motocross ignition problems

I have a 2002 ktm 125sx i have went through 6 stators in the past month and they are the 2k-1 version and i think its the cdi box burning them up but ktm doesnt make cdi boxes for my bike any more and i have replaced everything except the cdi box and don't know what to do any more bc im at a loss i have no spark at all but if i buy a new stator then the bike will start first kick and run for about 3 hrs before its burnt any tips on how to fix my bike i would highly appreciate it plz and thank you  

22 minutes ago, Jay Rushing-French said:

I have a 2002 ktm 125sx i have went through 6 stators in the past month and they are the 2k-1 version and i think its the cdi box burning them up but ktm doesnt make cdi boxes for my bike any more and i have replaced everything except the cdi box and don't know what to do any more bc im at a loss i have no spark at all but if i buy a new stator then the bike will start first kick and run for about 3 hrs before its burnt any tips on how to fix my bike i would highly appreciate it plz and thank you  

You'll get better responses from the make model specific forum here: https://thumpertalk.com/forums/forum/78-ktm-2-stroke/

1 hour ago, Jay Rushing-French said:

I think you answered your own question, replace the cdi and stator, might as well do the coil at the same time.  I haven’t looked in a while but they used to be readily available.  

you could buy the newer versions as well with the different plugs for ease of use buy them all together.  125/150/200 will all work. If course the sx models have the hotter ignition, it makes a small difference vs an exc/xc-w ignition. 

I'm not sure if the 17 and later models will work but there should be plenty of the 16 and older models around to choose from. 

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Like 1