ThumperTalk

supercross Monster Energy Supercross 2021 Complete Schedule Revealed

13 hours ago, BOAB said:

I'm over the circus/SX.  Outdoors can't come soon enough.

Supercross is the gladitorial pinnacle of dirt bike racing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momus said:

Supercross is the gladitorial circus pinnacle of dirt bike racing.

FIFY

• Haha 1

there's absolutely nothing wrong with loving SX as well as MX. ....I love Endurocross as well.....sometimes I like to watch road racing too......its Nascar I have a problem with----go down this straight and turn left, repeat a thousand times...

• Like 3

Supercross, the racing is cool. I think most of us, as enthusiasts/riders, understand how hard it is to go that pace on those tracks. The narrow timing windows being the main thing that is amazing. It's just that it's presented as more of a "show" ala Monster Jam, than a dirt bike race. But there is good and bad with that. Obviously that is how you appeal to the casual fans, get more exposure etc. Nationals feels more like what dirt bike racing really is. Weather, terrain, endurance, along with the big jumps. Fans get more of an up-close feel. You are in the field, getting dirty etc. A lot of that is awesome for us, but not for the casual fan. So ideally both need to thrive for the sport to be as healthy as it can be. 

Edited by ah665
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1

If you like professional competitive racing and dirt bikes then SX is one of the most exciting forms of racing you can get, I would include MX racing with that also.

I think it helps alot when there are as many media sources as there are covering it also. Generally the more exposure the more popular it will be. 

Speaking of schedule.....does anyone know how supercross will be aired on TV? 

I haven't seen any details from NBCSN or anywhere else for a broadcast package?!?! 

2 hours ago, 1bad954rr said:

I haven't seen any details from NBCSN or anywhere else for a broadcast package?!?! 

It won't take place without TV coverage. They can't afford to run it with partial attendance and no TV $.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, indy rider said:

It won't take place without TV coverage. They can't afford to run it with partial attendance and no TV $.

I didn't figure it would but haven't seen any announcements about which channel or if there was a package needing purchased like the last couple years. 
I remember info on the package came out in December of 2019 for the '20 season.  However, this next season isn't like one we have seen so I am guessing that is cause for the delay. 

Hopefully something soon.....Round 1 is just over 2 weeks away now! 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 3:24 AM, 1bad954rr said:

They had not released the 21 gold package details as of a day ago so while I was there I toggled off my auto renew, want to see some wording on if commercial free or not, as if it matters. LOL.

On 12/16/2020 at 5:50 AM, eastreich said:

West teams going to Orlando while East teams go to Arlington is ignorant towards privateers travelling from the actual West coast.  Period.

AMA  doesn't  give  a  flying  F  about  privateers. 

the gov't  and  the promoters  must not  give  2  F's  about  the MGF's   all of  the big  5  are  based in calif,  and yet  not  a single  event.     from a  business  standpoint  this  is pure  bullshit.  if  you live in calif,  sign  the  recall petition on  Newsom  please...