ThumperTalk

supercross Monster Energy Supercross 2021 Complete Schedule Revealed

47 minutes ago, huskyfrk said:

AMA  doesn't  give  a  flying  F  about  privateers. 

As much as I typically agree with AMA bashing, this had little to do with the AMA. This is squarely on Feld.

And no, Feld doesn't give two 💩s about privateers either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eastreich said:

As much as I typically agree with AMA bashing, this had little to do with the AMA. This is squarely on Feld.

And no, Feld doesn't give two 💩s about privateers either.

Privateers don't fill the seats. This year, privateers will be very lucky to even make a main since there are like 19 guys that have won races. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 7:35 AM, indy rider said:

Stars promoting products doesn't work on me at all. It does the opposite. Jingles do tend to stick in my head but I tend to get very annoyed by overly promoted commercials even though it sticks in my head. I actually develop animosity for them and their product the more I'm subjected to it.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder. You're not the boss of me! 

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2020 at 9:44 AM, TDW said:

If you like professional competitive racing and dirt bikes then SX is one of the most exciting forms of racing you can get, I would include MX racing with that also.

I think it helps alot when there are as many media sources as there are covering it also. Generally the more exposure the more popular it will be. 

Have you attended an outdoor National? It's &%$#@!ing magical experience. I do not care for the super dome experience. Napping on the grass after a few pops and eating some cart food and being up against the fence at different spots around the course etc vs sitting in a small seat crammed up against someone's little snot factories and paying 12 dollars for a light beer. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteFire said:

Have you attended an outdoor National? It's &%$#@!ing magical experience. I do not care for the super dome experience. Napping on the grass after a few pops and eating some cart food and being up against the fence at different spots around the course etc vs sitting in a small seat crammed up against someone's little snot factories and paying 12 dollars for a light beer. 

A national is for sure an experience, and it's all those things you describe.  What it isn't, is a great way to view the actual racing.  When you're at Washougal or Spring Creek you don't see much of the track.  On the other hand, you do get to go right next to the whoops and see RC getting clocked at over 50mph.  You can see RC circumvent part of the track by jumping over it.  That's an experience, and you don't forget it.  But as you walk away, you probably don't know how a lot of riders fared, what the points chase repercussions are, why someone didn't finish, or who got protested.  So I get the appeal of SX too, and I'll never forget watching Hannah on his Honda destroy the field in the Kingdome.  I do have to admit i really don't remember much about the only SX race in Seattle's new stadium i went to though.  Rained hard, was cold, parking sucked, thought I'd die of carbon monoxide poisoning trying to get out of the parking garage, and the stadium name is an ever changing stupid effing advertisement.  I don't even remember what it's called now.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, huskyfrk said:

the gov't  and  the promoters  must not  give  2  F's  about  the MGF's   all of  the big  5  are  based in calif,  and yet  not  a single  event.     from a  business  standpoint  this  is pure  bullshit.  if  you live in calif,  sign  the  recall petition on  Newsom  please...

Ummmm...when your Governor is a communist, libtard dictator, you should not be surprised they aren't getting an event. It could...and likely would be cancelled. If you notice the (entire) schedule, they are racing in states where Republicans are running things. Not a single Democrat run state is getting an event. Imagine that...you get what you vote for I guess? The bigger surprise for me is why the manufacturers are headquartered in CA? Plenty of warm weather states that are still free. Defecating on the streets is discouraged etc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/31/2020 at 5:24 AM, 1bad954rr said:

Speaking of schedule.....does anyone know how supercross will be aired on TV? 

I haven't seen any details from NBCSN or anywhere else for a broadcast package?!?! 

See if this link works for you all.

I received this in my email:

https://view.em.nbcsports.com/?qs=02d7cec230f001a161cc4eb14143a70fba337a0051f0c38759059242f2e850df13a430cb6a53c144bbc175dd1b7c34738601e65eb798e885a4d8d6c99c61e363efba92ebf7054da0

So does that mean sx will be on a different tv network this year.... or perhaps none at all?

12 minutes ago, YZ250F49 said:

Yes it does work.  Thanks for sharing!   Looks like they are moving it over to Peacock this year...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

So does that mean sx will be on a different tv network this year.... or perhaps none at all?

NBC is the peacock but going to my cable providers schedule for Jan 16 there is no SX on NBC or NBCsports , shows figure skating and nascar.

image.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 1bad954rr said:

Yes it does work.  Thanks for sharing!   Looks like they are moving it over to Peacock this year...

So I wonder if I can do a month to month subscription until the SX season is over.  

I haven't researched this yet, but plan to.   

57 minutes ago, YZ250F49 said:

So I wonder if I can do a month to month subscription until the SX season is over.  

It looks like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YZ250F49 said:

I'm going month-to-month, partly because it's unclear what will happen to MX. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I'm going month-to-month, partly because it's unclear what will happen to MX. 

By that logic, and I'm not saying you're wrong, shouldn't marriage be month to month too?

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

By that logic, and I'm not saying you're wrong, shouldn't marriage be month to month too?

Yes.  You can put the marriage on auto-renew, just toggle off when you wanna move on.

I don't want to pay up front today for an entire year of Peacock, when it's unclear if MX will be on there.

I'm not a PC gamer, but I never understood why people would pay a lump sum "lifetime" gaming subscription.  They've gotten all of the $$ they're ever gonna get out of you, you're now easily expendable.  If a vast majority of users did it that way, there's little incentive for the company to keep patching / updating / keeping users interested.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 2

"month to month" tv streaming contracts are becoming more mainstream all the time because of the difference in smaller tv broadcast channel packages and has been the recommended method by youtube cord cutter channels for 4 or 5 years.  It really makes sense in sports broadcasts especially for those that are in to things like college sports. The ability to switch based on league coverage makes a lot of sense. In the world of AMA SX and MX in the past we could watch and record SX on one channel but on MX had to watch on two channels. Sports Gold put it all in one place both live and automatically recorded. This year is all up in the air again but the Peacock premium is only $5 a month so the SX with commercials will only cost $25 for the season. That's noticeably cheaper than Sports Gold.  I expect a surcharge on SX to make up the difference or else they may insert the commercials during the race to push viewers up to the $10 a month package,,,,,,time will tell....