3 Supercross races in FL...Holee Sheet

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteFire said:

Uhh, OR is nothing like CA on the statewide level. You can ride 2 strokes year round, theres no CARB, there's no emissions testing for vehicles outside of Portland, there's hardly any police in Oregon, there's 4 million people not 40 million people, Oregon has no sales tax, Oregon has open carry, all counties in Oregon are Shall Issue concealed carry, there are almost no minorities here. I have no desire to live in CA for those reasons, but mostly it creeps me out to have to stop at the border and unload my revolver and lock it in my glove box. The physical act of acknowledging that I'm entering a place where only criminals can carry a firearm is distressing and always hard for me to wrap my head around because it's so backwards. 

Uhm, yeah except just driving into the Portland city limits in which case you can't even discharge a weapon in self defense.  It has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, odd how the pattern persists and all the crime happens where the strictest laws are.

Washington State and California are just as divided as Oregon.  Eastern Wa and Northern Cali are different worlds.  Taxation without representation.

4 hours ago, redrider144 said:

He's lived in 2 liberal Meccas, so he just assumes the rest of the US has similar problems.

Bro you live in Miserableasouri you should look out your window. You have plenty of problems.... 

Lived in 7 different places over the last 40 years conservative as well as liberal there are shitholes everywhere maybe you should get out more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mxaniac said:

Uhm, yeah except just driving into the Portland city limits in which case you can't even discharge a weapon in self defense.  It has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, odd how the pattern persists and all the crime happens where the strictest laws are.

Washington State and California are just as divided as Oregon.  Eastern Wa and Northern Cali are different worlds.  Taxation without representation.

That's incorrect, the Oregon constitution expressly prohibits jurisdictions enacting any firearms regulation, the provenance of which being exclusively reserved to the state legislature. I can carry a rifle in Portland if I want. There are no restrictive gun laws in Portland. 

a constitution and laws are of value only if they are enforced......in Portland it appears that you are on your own since nothing appears to be enforced.   I've been wondering how long before insurance companies start suing the city for failure to enforce laws that have resulted in exorbitant claims.  At some point they will stop insuring.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreatWhiteFire said:

That's incorrect, the Oregon constitution expressly prohibits jurisdictions enacting any firearms regulation, the provenance of which being exclusively reserved to the state legislature. I can carry a rifle in Portland if I want. There are no restrictive gun laws in Portland. 

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

30 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

You're only 60 minutes from Moses Lake, anything goes 🤣

10 hours ago, Chaconne said:

Bro you live in Miserableasouri you should look out your window. You have plenty of problems.... 

Oh yeah?  You wanna talk smack to me?  You better look out your window tonight, there's gonna be a full moon....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, redrider144 said:

Oh yeah?  You wanna talk smack to me?  You better look out your window tonight, there's gonna be a full moon....

Hey Happy New Year BTW...:cheers: 

• Helpful 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, GreatWhiteFire said:

Yea, because walking around major cities with long guns on your back always works out so well. The only people who do that in high populated areas are the guys who want to make YouTube videos of being harrassed by police for legally carrying a gun when really the cops are just responding to multiple calls from citizens concerned about a man carry a gun down main street. But that's not really the laws fault, more so the way people tend to think in big cities. Carry a gun on your back in the boonies and no one blinks an eye.

Edited by Zinergy

another riot in Portland last night.....where are all these guns ?

45 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

Yea, because walking around major cities with long guns on your back always works out so well. The only people who do that in high populated areas are the guys who want to make YouTube videos of being harrassed by police for legally carrying a gun when really the cops are just responding to multiple calls from citizens concerned about a man carry a gun down main street. But that's not really the laws fault, more so the way people tend to think in big cities. Carry a gun on your back in the boonies and no one blinks an eye.

People do it all the time here. The cops have mostly stopped responding to calls about legal, constitutionally protected activity. I saw a guy carrying a black mini 14 downtown here last Friday, by himself, clearly minding his own business. Shit makes me smile. 

14 minutes ago, Budlite said:

another riot in Portland last night.....where are all these guns ?

The rioters are all felons, so no guns. They're pissed off about their multiple duis and domestic violence convictions and hard drug beefs or statutory rape cases. Most of them aren't even Democrats or registered to vote. If you look at the bookings on the Multnomah County website you'll see they are all dirt bags with prior convictions. The common term for them is 'rabble.' They are not activists, protesters or anything legit. Even the Antifa hate these Blac Bloc criminals. Go read the comment sections on Willamette Week, the infighting among the extreme left is as vitriolic and hilarious as you'd expect. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mxaniac said:

I'm very active with the OFA, go ahead and quote me the statutes you're referring to. Remember, policy is not law, 'gun free zones' etc do not equal an infringement because they are unenforceable. Portland tried some nonsense, but in Kessler and a couple other cases their bullshit was struck down.

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/preemption-of-local-laws-in-oregon/

2 hours ago, Zinergy said:

Carry a long gun in the boonies around here, and your liable to have an hour conversation about hunting Elk, Moose, Deer, Bear, Pronghorn, Coyotes, etc... Along with what side by side, snow mobile sled, etc.  you're using, 7mm versus .270, local taxidermy, meat processor work, etc.  And that's probably with the DNR gal, who has been out glassing the area for the past year, has already filled her tags, and will put you in the direction of some quality animals.  :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteFire said:

I'm very active with the OFA, go ahead and quote me the statutes you're referring to. Remember, policy is not law, 'gun free zones' etc do not equal an infringement because they are unenforceable. Portland tried some nonsense, but in Kessler and a couple other cases their bullshit was struck down.

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/preemption-of-local-laws-in-oregon/

I don't know why we're debating this we both seem to agree Portland regulates firearms.  It seems pretty clear, chapter 14A.60 of the city code makes it unlawful to carry a loaded firearm in the city limits.  You can't carry an unloaded firearm and a loaded magazine or clip either.  They've essentially made the firearm useless.  The Oregon Supreme Court has ruled that public bodies can regulate the manner of possession of firearms, but not the possession.  The list of rulings allowing this additional regulation is quite long, when I did a google search I saw references to Langlotz v. Noell, Starrett v. Portland, Oregon State Shooting Ass'n v. Multnomah County, Doe v. Medford Sch. Dist., Or. Firearms Educ. Found. v. Bd. of Higher Educ., State v. Ward and others.  Did I read all of these?  No!  But people have been convicted of violating 14a.60, $500 and up to 6 months in jail for doing something perfectly lawful outside of the city limits is a restrictive gun law.  

7 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I don't know why we're debating this we both seem to agree Portland regulates firearms.  It seems pretty clear, chapter 14A.60 of the city code makes it unlawful to carry a loaded firearm in the city limits.  You can't carry an unloaded firearm and a loaded magazine or clip either.  They've essentially made the firearm useless.  The Oregon Supreme Court has ruled that public bodies can regulate the manner of possession of firearms, but not the possession.  The list of rulings allowing this additional regulation is quite long, when I did a google search I saw references to Langlotz v. Noell, Starrett v. Portland, Oregon State Shooting Ass'n v. Multnomah County, Doe v. Medford Sch. Dist., Or. Firearms Educ. Found. v. Bd. of Higher Educ., State v. Ward and others.  Did I read all of these?  No!  But people have been convicted of violating 14a.60, $500 and up to 6 months in jail for doing something perfectly lawful outside of the city limits is a restrictive gun law.  

You can open carry a loaded firearm anywhere you want, provided you have a concealed carry permit. Guess it sucks if you don't have one, but carrying itself isn't probable cause for a Terry stop, though they may try anyway. Anyway, i don't open carry, and I don't go downtown in Portland if I can help it. &%$#@! Portland. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

The Oregon Supreme Court has ruled that public bodies can regulate the manner of possession of firearms, but not the possession.

What a crazy distinction for the court to make.  How does one separate the manner of possession from possession?

It's basically saying you have the right to possess a firearm, the right to possess ammo, but not the right to have them both in the same place at the same time.  Edit:  although I just realized that's basically how many states handled concealed weapons on person & in vehicles before CC started becoming a thing.

It would be like if CA decided that they wanna go all Electric vehicles, but instead of outright banning ICE's & gasoline, they say you can possess an ICE car, you can possess gasoline, but you can't put the gasoline in the car's fuel tank.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GreatWhiteFire said:

You can open carry a loaded firearm anywhere you want, provided you have a concealed carry permit. Guess it sucks if you don't have one, but carrying itself isn't probable cause for a Terry stop, though they may try anyway. Anyway, i don't open carry, and I don't go downtown in Portland if I can help it. &%$#@! Portland. 

Agreed, I stay clear the hell away from Portland.  Oregon is the only nearby state that doesn't recognize my Washington State CPL.  If I'm driving along I5 through Portland with an unloaded gun and a full magazine I can be prosecuted.  It's about time somebody escalates that to the federal supreme court, but it ain't gonna be me!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

What a crazy distinction for the court to make.  How does one separate the manner of possession from possession?

It's basically saying you have the right to possess a firearm, the right to possess ammo, but not the right to have them both in the same place at the same time.

It would be like if CA decided that they wanna go all Electric vehicles, but instead of outright banning ICE's & gasoline, they say you can possess an ICE car, you can possess gasoline, but you can't put the gasoline in the car's fuel tank.

Worse, you can't even have the fuel in a container (magazine)!  Clearly it's weasels trying to legislate from the bench.  They've also tried to argue the firearm rights in their state constitution only apply to the type of firearms in existence in the 1800s when the state constitution was created.

• Like 1