hey I was wondering if anybody knows why this problem happened and how i can fix it.  I was riding on some trails on my bike (2007 kx 450f) and i stopped to warm up for about 30 mins. At the time it was about  -10°c out.  I went out to go ride again and i started to kick it over, it would run for about 2 seconds then die again, this happened several times before it finally started. I drove about 500 feet before it stopped running. I look down and there is oil pouring out of the top end. I try to kick it over but the bike is seized. I take it home and I look over the bike. It has no coolant left, the bike isn't seized any more and it still has oil but it looks as if the coolant has miked with the oil. If you know what the problem could be and how to fix it, please let me know. - thanks Alex

I am assuming the oil is coming from the weep hole? You either have a blown head gasket or the water pump has 2 seals, the inner seal keeps the oil out of the coolant and the outer seal keep the coolant from making its way into the engine. A blown head gasket would allow coolant to fill on top of the piston and hydro lock it or the lack of oil could have seized the piston in the cylinder. Pull the water pump cover off and check that. Make sure you get new good gaskets like oem or cometic and not that Chinese paper towel crap.

• Like 1