Are the lines in the cases normal

Normal.....

End of thread. Don't listen to people about cracks.......  TOTALLY NORMAL....  NOT CRACKS.  IT IS IN THE CASTING MOLDS.

Edited by FLO_Rida
  • Like 6
  • Helpful 3

Look at it this way for peace of mind; if they were cracks, you'd have oil dripping out everywhere.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Joseury Bonilla said:

Is this normal or am I in deep 💩

494FE9F6-409A-4DE7-9AFE-E564324D4116.jpeg

4F4AABE9-B026-495E-9C3B-F1FCF839AED5.jpeg

Take a closer look at that big one. It looks a little big for a casting flash. See if it'll sand off. It kind of looks ok anyway, inspect the area where it meets the machined face, and check whether it goes into the bearing bore too. I can't see anything on the pics, but look closely and see if you can see it through either of those. You may have to pop that bearing out.

I have seen several TTers in the past replace the cases because of casting flash. I asked for the old cases and they sent them to me. I intend to use them in future builds because kick start bikes that I work on are known to break cases around the counter shaft bearing behind the clutch. 

4EA87B84-8632-4833-BB9F-0EC368075F15.jpeg

6E339603-AC31-403A-B41F-D979BBB33B52.jpeg

Edited by adnohguy

What bike is this off of.  The Japanese and Europe bikes are usually better than that.  Is it Chinese? 

• Like 1

You're in deep schit for sure. That case is junk, I mean how did you even manage to crack it that much?

Wish I had a dollar for every one of these threads...:bonk:

Edited by 3Deuces

If in doubt, put on your jeweler's loupe.  YZ's have so many of these that they will make u shart yer pantaloons.