Hey guys!  My name is Andrew and I'm new here from Northwest WI and just got an early Christmas present.  My boss had an old CR500 in his dad's barn in WA that nobody could get working.  I ended up getting it from him for free for a favor.

Flew out to WA for work, bought a 2001 F350 7.3l dually (rust free unlike stuff from WI), threw the bike in the back, and drug it home to WI.  My plan is to completely restore it (with small modifications) this winter.

I've already started making progress and will add more as I get time.  Just wanted to start a project thread so you guys can motivate me to finish it!

20200924_082340.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Randy300XC said:

WOW, for free..!!!  And it probably just needs a carb cleaning and new jets. What a score!

Needs a little more than a carb cleaning... Pulled it off and it doesn't even look like anybody tried to get it running. At least the mice couldn't get past the throttle slide!

20200928_204923.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing wrong with 🔧🔧 @Pikeapn Great bike!

Check the clutch cover/water pump cover for corrosion from water. Engineers screwed up,didn't realize long term they would rot,and that had magnesium cases. Can be fixed with JB Weld but may be an ongoing issue. If you're looking for new from aluminum replica I have name of company down under making them. Pricey but you'd never have to worry. Curious to see what it looks like in there...

Edited by 42JD
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pikeapn said:

Needs a little more than a carb cleaning... Pulled it off and it doesn't even look like anybody tried to get it running. At least the mice couldn't get past the throttle slide!

20200928_204923.jpg

Brand new Keihin around $250

Edited by 42JD

13 hours ago, Pikeapn said:

Here's the color I picked out. Seems to match the original Honda 80's Flash Red pretty close. I went a hair darker to make up for Sun fade. It's a single stage and paint code is OOH DELFLEET EFT.40600.

20201212_103342.jpg

I recently had my ‘85 XR200R torn down to the frame and had my usual powder coat guy finish the frame to a perfect match of the flash red OEM color. Maybe you should consider powder coat instead. It’s much more durable than paint. 

8C08CF62-0732-4043-B6AC-C4D75B278867.jpeg

Edited by Mentch171
Added a pic