Tim Gajser

Kind of funny in a way, since the loudest Euro fans always talk about "other" GP great's yet this guy quietly put another great season in the book that years from now will be what those interested in MXGP history will find. In the era of Dutch Dominance....two back to back titles. And silence on places like this.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, weimedog said:

Kind of funny in a way, since the loudest Euro fans always talk about "other" GP great's yet this guy quietly put another great season in the book that years from now will be what those interested in MXGP history will find. In the era of Dutch Dominance....two back to back titles. And silence on places like this.

They call him the champion when the opposition isn't strong or just absent. Of course he deserved those titles, but most people here don't find him legendary in any way, or interesting enough. You see that in F1 too. James Hunt or Gilles Villeneuve for instance, remembered in some kind of collective memory, and spoken of, while nobody mentions rosberg or jones. Same for stewart, being black, invented the scrub, spectacular, immortal.

There was an american champion who found dissaproval of some public this year too, but i think he's an admirable champion and sports person.

Edited by deanevo
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, deanevo said:

They call him the champion when the opposition isn't strong or just absent.

The Dutch KTM riders are soft, flimsy, weak.  That isn't Tim's fault.

I'm guessing at some point in human history, Slovenia probably invaded Netherlands, drank all of their beer, and had good times with their women.

Edited by redrider144
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, indy rider said:

Repeatedly! 

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."...Albert Einstein

You watch him week in week out, you swear that he cannot finish a season , he bounces like nothing I have seen 

He has season ending crashes every month 

Edited by mog
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mog said:

You watch him week in week out, you swear that he cannot finish a season , he bounces like nothing I have seen 

He has season ending crashes every month 

I've said it before. He needs to open up a how to crash and survive school.

• Haha 1

Tim Who?

Is he an arena cross champ?  I don't recognize the name. ?

I'm almost done watching the 2020 season (last three races in Trentino to watch).   Gajser is an excellent rider.  Would love to see him over here for mx. Last year he and AC had some amazing battles.  Reminded me of RC and JS7.  AC ended up getting hurt, or there would have been more. 

He also has Tomac-like come through the pack charges.  This year he did all that while on a brand new bike they were developing.  A bike that was definitely down on power early in the season compared to the competition.  Hence Herlings early dominance.

Next year, a healthy Herlings, Prado and Gajser will make for an awesome season.  My WAG is Herlings gets hurt trying to run that pace, Gajser and Prado exchange race wins, with Sewer and Febvre 3 & 4.   I think Prado is going to be one tough customer next year, and may just be the 2021 MX GP champion.

But Yeah, I'm a fan of Gajser.

15 minutes ago, mog said:

I think herlings has learnt

He only crashed as his foot was causing him such problems  he lost his peg 

He's had it fixed now 

Where did he get it fixed the James Stewart FMOTP Memorial Hospital Lawn Dart Clinic??? :busted:

I don't think Herlings has learned at all.  He gets on a bike, and it's like his brain shuts off.  He said he learned, earlier in the season.  "Oh I don't have to win, in fact I'm glad I didn't"...  Then pushed past the limits of his damaged foot, and is out for the season.  Same story, different day.

Gajser will do to Herlings what he did to AC.  Now that the Honda is sorted, Tim is a dangerously fast dude, who can fall, and not get hurt.  Not so for Herlings.  Gajser will end Herlings career, unless Herlings can settle for 3rds, behind him and Prado. 

12 hours ago, mog said:

I think herlings has learnt

He only crashed as his foot was causing him such problems  he lost his peg 

He's had it fixed now 

Indeed. And quite some bad luck too before that. It's extremely rare to be sitting there on the ground behind that jump in a sighting lap, and someone running exactly over that foot. Even for types like herlings. 

Several times he said his career won't be long, as it never was the plan to break multiple championship records and race such a long time like cairoli. If there is any record he wants to break, it is gp wins.

Edited by deanevo