Tim Gajser

12 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

Everyone was getting second to RV. He got third to Millsaps because he missed races with a broken collarbone. 

Another factor, he was on bad equipment  for 4 of those years 

Yeah Dungey looked like a different rider in 2015.  It looked like the KTM actually turned.

He kicked ass on yellow in 2010 too.  He had 12 points on RV going into STL, where RV got hurt.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Yeah Dungey looked like a different rider in 2015.  It looked like the KTM actually turned.

He kicked ass on yellow in 2010 too.  He had 12 points on RV going into STL, where RV got hurt.

The 2010 team was good, the 2011 not so much. When Roger left and took the back none of the team with him, the data on that bike went with them. 

He got screwed on that deal, but I guess it all worked out.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GBow521 said:

Everyone was getting second to RV. He got third to Millsaps because he missed races with a broken collarbone. 

Another factor, he was on bad equipment  for 4 of those years 

Ya agreed. And RV was top of his game and was the best for that stretch and then he got out. The torch was going to Dungey one way or the other though IMHO. And Dungey put down all comers when he was top of game including a pretty good Tomac or Milsaps.

Consistency is part of winning championships a lawndart or two, injuries, and a few bad races and riders start to look like JS7 in the last few years.They don't give awards for the fastest rider who finishes 6th. Well @redrider144 gives "awards" but who knows what he does to those JS7 posters he has in his room.:D

• Haha 1

On 12/21/2020 at 6:07 PM, mog said:

I think herlings has learnt

He only crashed as his foot was causing him such problems  he lost his peg 

He's had it fixed now 

I remember a year or so back going thru the "elites" pointing out very few of top champions had come back from adversity to win multiple championships. RC didn't have to. Tomac with his shoulders being destroyed took the "edge" off of him, but came back. Villipoto did. I think it's not over for Ken Roczen and hope its not for Marv Musquin. We will see if Herlings can, he's in those dark years now. See where he is on the flip side. For Tomac, he not only won outdoors after that terrible Colorado wreck, now indoors as well. Not many can say that. I'm really not a Tomac fan but have to respect the rebound. Maybe Herlings can do this I wouldn't bet against him

Edited by weimedog
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, weimedog said:

I remember a year or so back going thru the "elites" pointing out very few of top champions had come back from adversity to win multiple championships. RC didn't have to. Tomac with his shoulders being destroyed took the "edge" off of him, but came back. Villipoto did. I think it's not over for Ken Roczen and hope its not for Marv Musquin. We will see if Herlings can, he's in those dark years now. See where he is on the flip side. For Tomac, he not only won outdoors after that terrible Colorado wreck, now indoors as well. Not many can say that. I'm really not a Tomac fan but have to respect the rebound. Maybe Herlings can do this I wouldn't bet against him

RC took a season out for his knee ? 

10 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

Indoors only. He never missed an Outdoor season, Ever!!!

Is indoors not a series ? Why are we only talking outdoors 😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mog said:

Is indoors not a series ? Why are we only talking outdoors 😂

Because Supercross is like ballet, where precision matters more than physical endurance, and strength of body/mind.  The only track on the series of SX where physical & mental strength is important is Daytona. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Supercross, But riding to a championship with injuries is not as difficult in SX as it is MX.

• Like 3

Goal posts moved to the car parking lot ? 😄

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, mog said:

Goal posts moved to the car parking lot ? 😄

Hes gonna 3 peat.  Herlings is glass.  Hes scared to push it and Tim bounces like a rubber ball.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheath said:

Because Supercross is like ballet, where precision matters more than physical endurance, and strength of body/mind.  The only track on the series of SX where physical & mental strength is important is Daytona. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Supercross, But riding to a championship with injuries is not as difficult in SX as it is MX.

Not sure I agree with the mental aspect. I use my brain everyday for work(System Admin and Business Analyst) and I feel it's more of a mental strain to ride a SX track... even these dumbed down ones I ride compared to a MX track. So much thinking and calculating goes into every lap like you have to have other options planned out for when you don't get the right drive out of a corner or get wheel spin on the face of jump in a rhythm section etc. You have to have option 1, 2 and sometimes 3(option 3 for me is usually pull of the track and take a break lol) ready to go incase something goes wrong in certain sections and you can't do the rhythm or obstacle like you would prefer. Sure there are different lines on a MX track and different options as well but the obstacles tend to be more spread out and you have more time to see and think and make choices etc.

Edited by Zinergy

8 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

You & 4lifer wrote the "How to" on goalpost manuevering!!! 

Yes but i don't like it being done to me 😜

And I'm over it now, the yzf 450 is the best bike 👌👍

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

I've finally worn you down!!

Now on to lifer!!!

He's hard to pin down ,only turns up for yzf threads 

😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, GBow521 said:

The 2010 team was good, the 2011 not so much. When Roger left and took the back none of the team with him, the data on that bike went with them. 

He got screwed on that deal, but I guess it all worked out.  

Only Roger and Ian were missing from the squad that took everything in 2010.  Same mechanic, same folks building the bikes.  The "data" you mention was not in Roger's head, it was in the hands of all the engineers.  Dungey's biggest problems in 2011 were 1...a single rock that derails a chain.   2...one weird moment when the bike would not kickstart.  3...and most importantly...Ryan's inability to pass Chad Reed...which was what happened the rest of his career.  Somehow or other, Reed could keep RD5 behind him at just about any time the Dungey would come up to pass him.  Something in Ryan's head about Reed.