42JD

I RIDE ALONE.....WITH NOBODY ELSE.....

The goal here is to have a place to chime in and keep it rolling about riding alone whether you always do or occasionally do and give advice. Want to hear if it's by choice or you don't have any riding buddies.

The pros,cons,dangers,benefits,preparations,approach,experiences,etc...

When I ride near home it's woods not intended for bikes but grew up riding those trails. Mostly 1st./2nd. gear very rocky with big ones only a few spots to open up a bit. These days I'm always alone when I'm up there. When I ride in the next state I only found a riding buddy a couple years ago if that and now he sold bike and is out. I do enjoy riding alone and with a bud. Did meet someone in same area out of state who may be a better fit for me though. I'm 52 and been riding dirt/street since 10 and prefer single track type stuff. I'll get into some stories later but thinking about that feeling when you're out there alone and think Holy Crap - what if something happened right now?!   I'm sure we'll here from Down Under and @Drop-Bear at some point maybe he'll kick this off. Let's keep this thing on the trail people.

Edited by 42JD
  • Like 2

I enjoy riding alone a lot.  Don't have to wait for ppl to meet up and unload and cater to everyones terrain preference or wait at junctions.  Not to mention when others have less than reliable bikes.  

I pack a knife, lighter, water, granola bar, ace bandage, cell phone, wallet, KTM stock tool kit.  I keep a well maintained and reliable bike. 

I do have riding friends that I love riding with too and prefer that over solo. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, William1 said:

FYI... 'Ride alone' threads are like oil threads, a new one every week, saying the same stuff.

I know but this one has George Thorogood background music. 

🎼...'cause when I ride alone....I prefer to be by myself! 🎶

Edited by 42JD
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, William1 said:

FYI... 'Ride alone' threads are like oil threads, a new one every week, saying the same stuff.

You're a mod.. maybe just merge them all 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2017/2004/2016/2005/2009

May have been one last year I remember but this is already better than the last oil thread I saw...

• Haha 4

Ride alone, weekdays when nobody’s out, its a different animal than riding with friends and resets different buttons for me.   I can explore old springs and mines, check out a beehive or smoke my joint on a grassy mountainside away from the  world. 

739B6D81-5C41-4AEC-8E64-77C463EE181F.png

• Like 13
  • Helpful 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 42JD said:

2017/2004/2016/2005/2009

May have been one last year I remember but this is already better than the last oil thread I saw...

There was one a few weeks back, I am not sure what the key words were.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, kxlubber said:

Ride alone, weekdays when nobody’s out, its a different animal than riding with friends and resets different buttons for me.   I can explore old springs and mines, check out a beehive or smoke my joint on a grassy mountainside away from the  world. 

739B6D81-5C41-4AEC-8E64-77C463EE181F.png

Outstanding! Love it!

Thanks for the input

I'm riding alone atm, first time in 46 yrs. I'm actually beginning to enjoy it. But, It's not doing my speed and skill and favours.

I ride on weekdays mostly. Less chance of an accident IMO. Less riders in the bush/woods, so less chance of a head on. And no tourist drivers on the rds when I'm riding the SM.

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Sounds good Mr. Bear

Speed isn’t everything took me a long time and a serious injury to learn that. 
Your skill is fine and your favor to yourself is getting home...👍

• Like 3

I ride alone alot, my backyard butts up to a zillion acres of BLM.  The areas I ride alone I am familiar with, so the worries are few.  Its usually pretty safe, but I did get hurt pretty bad a couple years ago, got run off a trail by a quad with 3 little girls barrelling along on it.  Broke my clavicle and had to ride a mile or so home.  I learned the true meaning of pain that day.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BOAB said:

I ride alone alot, my backyard butts up to a zillion acres of BLM.  The areas I ride alone I am familiar with, so the worries are few.  Its usually pretty safe, but I did get hurt pretty bad a couple years ago, got run off a trail by a quad with 3 little girls barrelling along on it.  Broke my clavicle and had to ride a mile or so home.  I learned the true meaning of pain that day.

Did they stop to and give assistance at all?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOAB said:

Perfect set up you spoiled brat! Lucky you were able to get out.

Thanks for response 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

Did they stop to and give assistance at all?

Nope.  It was head on, I don't think they even knew I wrecked.

Edited by BOAB
  • Helpful 1
  • Angry 2