Jump to content
42JD

I RIDE ALONE.....WITH NOBODY ELSE.....

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

 

Ahhh right... forgot the audience :bonk:

Yeah Everyone should ride alone... but ESPECIALLY a woman should ride alone Waaay as far back as far in the trails as far away as possible away from anyone as possible. That’s the SAFEST thing to do. :busted:

There .... perfect for you baboozes. :applause: :ride:
 

Yup always heard that.. Make sure women should hike alone far away from anyone. Ride alone.. too!!! Best advice !! :busted::eek::banana: 

Maybe you missed the video of the Aussie chick Roz? She does what you just mentioned in your post, even advertises it on you-tube. Some blokes have met up with her for a ride. Hasn't been raped though

You're forgetting, Women are our equal :D. Okay, that part is BS lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, elrontx said:

that video was about as exciting as watching paint dry. why does everyone think their a reality TV star these days? 

I didn't watch it. I watched a couple of her video's. But, not for me. Just thought the ladies might like to check it out, and was proving a point to HDR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, elrontx said:

This is why I don’t ride alone

F05DCCBA-8ADC-48AD-ABD5-8C280A617ABC.jpeg

🤣 Have to admit that left an imprint on my brain. Was deep deep(alone) in the woods of LA once and came up on a old house/pig farm in the woods I have never seen before after riding the area for over 25+ years.  After looking for a few minutes I just got a "feeling". Have never run across it again but I still remember.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Thanks for the warning . It didn’t look like it might be too intriguing but I didn’t see it so thanks. 

Yeah, was already obvious you didn't check it out. You're like the MSM, it goes against the narrative you're trying hard to flog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, firffighter said:

You know the real reason that HDR's BS comments about women resonates with me, is because I'm a husband to a wife and a father to a 16 year old daughter who are the most amazing, strong,  adventurous,  people I know.  

You really want to know the damage to a woman the message to fear has? Tell her to be afraid  and that sends 1 message and 1 messages only: You are weak

You want to know what a weak woman becomes.....insecure.

Ever been around a weak and insecure woman? Yeah, me too, not very attractive. 

Want to know what happens when you send the message to a woman that there's nothing to fear,  that they should Go For It, that life's challenges are just opportunities to grow. You end up with a strong confident woman. 

Ever see what a confident woman does to a room when she walks in? She lights it up. 

A strong confident woman makes an amazing wife and partner to adventure through life with. She'll be strong when you need her, she'll gladly come behind you and support you when life's troubles come. She'll be trustworthy and committed.  You'll have no better person to live life with than with a confident woman.  Your relationship will flourish.  
 

A weak and insecure woman is unattractive and will drag you down.  

HDR's crap usually doesn't mean a hill of beans and we all understand his place here on TT, but sometimes I just can't believe what's posted. I should probably just take it for what it is and let it go. 

HDR doing his bit for Tourism in Hawaii 😂 

Apparently Hawaii is the rape capital of the world.

Can't make this shit up lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

Yeah, was already obvious you didn't check it out. You're like the MSM, it goes against the narrative you're trying hard to flog.

Im not trying hard to flog anything. Just sayen :excuseme::ride:

 

2 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

HDR doing his bit for Tourism in Hawaii 😂 

Apparently Hawaii is the rape capital of the world.

Can't make this shit up lol

Well you just did make shit up. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mariom1 said:

I like to ride alone. Its great to clear my head of all the normal distractions in life. Mostly during the week when noone is around to ride. I enjoy riding with my buddies and son also,but its different.  

I did have a bad get off last year . Broke a couple of ribs and bent the subframe into the back wheel. Worst part was picking the XR400 up and kick starting it after it was flooded from the get off. Its usually a little finicky after a crash.Wasn't fun riding the ten miles to the truck either.Was just happy I had my trailer with the ramps to load it up instead of putting it in the bed of the truck. Lol Now I take it a little more carefully when solo riding.

20200906_125207.jpg

So you don’t carry a spot? Or phone app? Or tell anyone where you were etc??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I carry my cell phone(in my backpack) and I always tell someone when I'm out by myself. Just saying you need to be careful when riding solo. Happy Holidays!🎄🏍🎁

  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I got my high boots.. knock yurselves out girls. :ride:

we actually call them "muckin" boots 'round here.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I carry an extra spark plug and a plug wrench on 2t's.  Seems this isn't as important as it once was however on newer bikes. 

should prolly look into a very small front fender tool kit for much longer future rides. 

tore a chain guide block and guide block bracket off the swingarm recently. If my buddy didn't have pliers and a 10mm wrench to remove the mess, I would have been in a bit of a bind.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is it safe to say without knowing for sure that people riding solo crash less than people riding together?  Folks up in Maine say "Hard tellin'.......not knowin' ''

If this is true what would cause the extra crashes? Interaction with other riders? Riding behavior because of environment? Not sure where I'm going with this. 🤔

Thoughts?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, firffighter said:

You know the real reason that HDR's BS comments about women resonates with me, is because I'm a husband to a wife and a father to a 16 year old daughter who are the most amazing, strong,  adventurous,  people I know.  

You really want to know the damage to a woman the message to fear has? Tell her to be afraid  and that sends 1 message and 1 messages only: You are weak

You want to know what a weak woman becomes.....insecure.

Ever been around a weak and insecure woman? Yeah, me too, not very attractive. 

Want to know what happens when you send the message to a woman that there's nothing to fear,  that they should Go For It, that life's challenges are just opportunities to grow. You end up with a strong confident woman. 

Ever see what a confident woman does to a room when she walks in? She lights it up. 

A strong confident woman makes an amazing wife and partner to adventure through life with. She'll be strong when you need her, she'll gladly come behind you and support you when life's troubles come. She'll be trustworthy and committed.  You'll have no better person to live life with than with a confident woman.  Your relationship will flourish.  
 

A weak and insecure woman is unattractive and will drag you down.  

HDR's crap usually doesn't mean a hill of beans and we all understand his place here on TT, but sometimes I just can't believe what's posted. I should probably just take it for what it is and let it go. 

Well said!!!!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking a lot today about this whole idea of riding alone. Someone brought me into this discussion because I am a woman who rides alone. We could argue forever about whether it is more dangerous for a woman to ride alone than it is for a man, and that would just take away from the true intent of the thread and serve no purpose.

I started thinking about why some of us, men and women, choose to ride alone and others don't. It seems to me that it has to do more with personality differences than anything. Some people are risk takers and some are not, with a whole spectrum of semi-risk takers in between. There's no judgement here, no right or wrong. I've lived my whole life taking risks that Most think are too big. It's who I am. There is not an argument that you could make regarding the dangers of riding alone that would stop me from doing it.

And then there is the social aspect of our personality. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Is dirt biking a social activity for you? If so then you'd have a more difficult time understanding someone else riding alone. Why take the risk, right? For those of us that enjoy doing things solo, the risk doesn't "seem" like it's a big deal.

I think of people like Amelia Earhart who flew solo across the Atlantic. No one could talk her out of making those flights no matter how high the risks. She ended up losing her life as a result. I'm fully aware that I could lose my life during my adventures. I'd rather live and die this way than live without my adventures. I know I shouldn't compare myself with Amelia Earhart because I only have an ounce of the courage and strength she had, but I do feel like I share her spirit for solo adventure.

  • Like 7
  • Helpful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buttegal said:

I've been thinking a lot today about this whole idea of riding alone. Someone brought me into this discussion because I am a woman who rides alone. We could argue forever about whether it is more dangerous for a woman to ride alone than it is for a man, and that would just take away from the true intent of the thread and serve no purpose.

I started thinking about why some of us, men and women, choose to ride alone and others don't. It seems to me that it has to do more with personality differences than anything. Some people are risk takers and some are not, with a whole spectrum of semi-risk takers in between. There's no judgement here, no right or wrong. I've lived my whole life taking risks that Most think are too big. It's who I am. There is not an argument that you could make regarding the dangers of riding alone that would stop me from doing it.

And then there is the social aspect of our personality. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Is dirt biking a social activity for you? If so then you'd have a more difficult time understanding someone else riding alone. Why take the risk, right? For those of us that enjoy doing things solo, the risk doesn't "seem" like it's a big deal.

I think of people like Amelia Earhart who flew solo across the Atlantic. No one could talk her out of making those flights no matter how high the risks. She ended up losing her life as a result. I'm fully aware that I could lose my life during my adventures. I'd rather live and die this way than live without my adventures. I know I shouldn't compare myself with Amelia Earhart because I only have an ounce of the courage and strength she had, but I do feel like I share her spirit for solo adventure.

Very well said!!

You certainly can compare yourself to her and I said so. My step father and therefore me? 🤔 is actually related to her. 

Great input.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...