42JD

I RIDE ALONE.....WITH NOBODY ELSE.....

On 4/2/2021 at 11:42 AM, Hannibal Babar said:

i 'm paying high price aof anxiety,  doubts and physical body use 🙂 But have a wife younger who always pushes me out with the leit motiv " just do it, otherwise it will be too late, we only live once " I was raised in the past second world war and ( sorry for you yankees" ith  the big marshall plan and USA domination...  Russia was always saw as the big Satan... It took me decadzs to be able to  cross Russian border in 2015 and discover this fantastic country and people.... it was something !!!  I keep going out of comfort zone, the only way not to finish stupid and lazy in front of TV...  No windshield, no soft seat etc...A good thumper is enough.   In these eastern countries people are stainlees steel 🙂 

The reward is new friends fro life, great encounters. and  99.99 % of people want to help you and enjoy company... It's a "cliché " but best is when shit hits the fan ! Something happens all time, always crazy and amazing solutions comr around you . It's just to keep positive attitude and know yourself well and feel your karma...  ride with the fluctuating wave, up and down

I invited a russian guy to my house  with his africa twin of 450 000 km from East Russia. Broke his throttle cable at  night ,  100 km form my home under pouring rain. He called me saying he will be a bit late and that i don't have to go help him... He finished his ride with bad hand which was used to just move the piece of throttle cable. Ordinary day for him.  All these eastern people teached me how we must not  give a f..k about any pain, any comfort, just motivation...  But i was already on this mood since kid... I guess lots of us around on bikes don't give a shit about pain, scratched skin, moving ribs, and just go back home without calling daddy,mummy, doctor, etc...  Since kids we were used to crash on bicycles, mopets .... We are not tough guys, we are just motivated people 🙂

my target  is still be able to make super slow wheelies, superb pivot turns... <should get a trial bike to practice faster and better. Very difficut here around to find people to secure you when practicing, one guy on each side to catch you or bike..... They just don't understand the meaning.... 

for exploring, all you guys are welcome ! be my guest !

PS : all these crazy riding places in USA are so tempting.... Hope i  will come back to ride

Just don't eat the pulled pork in Belarus.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThumperHead said:

Used pickups in America are not cheap with most modern plastic trucks having 17 plus cup holders designed for shopping mall duties decked out in expensive options. It has become the vehicle of choice for women driving pickups besides the world full of SUV's all looking the same just change the hood and rear door name. Just because they design an ugly POS SUV doesn't mean you have or should buy it JMO. 

As mentioned above, the US is a big country with the long boring middle section you'd go crazy riding hrs. on end feeling like you made no progress. Hell the recent mad run to Arizona cured me for a long time of driving and looking at desert. I maybe spoiled and can be at the ocean in minutes, mountains and over passes into the high elevation Eastern Sierra plains within 5-6 hrs.

Just be careful with the crazy wack job drivers in Kalifornia as some drivers do not respect motorcycles and their safety which in my book is due to the few that have stupid loud exhausts letting the world know they are badd azzes speeding splitting lanes including busting off mirrors if they felt they were squeezed while splitting lanes doing 85 with traffic flowing at 70+ in 65 mph zones.

Welcome to the Nut state of Kalifornia with the highest gas prices in the nation. End of negative reply sorry had to sound off. Early spring or better yet warmer late fall with the vacationing crowd are back home, kids in skool the best riding times.

DO NOT put me in the same category of most the wack jobs here in Kalifornia even when i'm a native Kaliforian. I also like guns, take that wack jobs Diane Feinstein and Nacy Pelosi.

It was cool meeting people in Arizonia way out in nowhere talking firearms then show and tell once they got over my Kalifornia plates. I may be a radical but in a good way not the Kalifornia stupid NUT JOB way........~~=o&o>.......

Oh man, I was having the time of my life up PCH splitting at 70 in a 45 for miles and miles all the way from Oxnard to Culver today in the warm sunshine, watching the surfers catch a good swell, ate lunch at Neptune's, rode 100 miles of canyon hairpins. But yeah, KaLiFoRnIA SUx or something. You're a nutter.

20210406_104649.jpg

Edited by Chicken-N-Waffles
  • Like 4

Called a "nutter" is ok, a whack job not. You riding the Husquvarna or the Beemer?.......~~=o&o>.........

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

Husqvarna, I'm not rich enough to ride that BMW.

BMW's are cheap, I own four of 'em.....~~=o&o>......

4 minutes ago, ThumperHead said:

BMW's are cheap, I own four of 'em.....~~=o&o>......

You must be a really good rider to need 4 of them. I'll be in your area on Thursday if you wanna show me around. I'm pretty slow but I like riding with good riders so I can learn. 

Not needed but wanted bikes of interest all keepers, one bike I have owned over 49 years, the 74 Norton 850 Interstate since 1977 with the BMW's 28 to 22 years of ownership. Newest purchases the 85 XL350 4 yesrs ago, the 84 XL600 three weeks ago.  

Years ago I had a connection with Volunteers of America the donation organization doing electrical maintenance lighting to their display buildings. Bikes on my interest list they wouild tell the public "they were waiting for the paperwork to come in before selling". I would stop by three times a weel and had first crack at wanting or passing on bikes like the 75 R75/6 BMW for $450 requiring tyres, battery, detailing and DMV then flipping for $3,400. This with a total of seventeen bikes purchased from them. Another time a dusty but cherry 70 R75/5 BMW stored 26 years in a garage on sidestand, "frozen up" they said. Nope hydraulic locked left cylinder a bike of 1,900 original miles offered at $300 another keeper. Full service carbs rebuilt skunky tankcleaned, tyres and battery a excellent condition bike. Then word of mouth a 66 R27 BMW 250 thumper in Oregon came up for sale, I had to have this little thumper (rubber mounted engine, last thumper made by BMW, another keeper. A personal friend up in years qiut riding offers me his cherry 75 R90/6 18 years later waiting, another keeper and show winner. Cash saved flipping bikes paid for a cherry 75 R90s in Daytona Orange another show winner and keeper. Extra cash paid for the gray Handy air lift like Harley shops have making bike repair easy no bending over 30" tall table with tyre clamp. Three 850 Nortons all keepers, two Matchless thumpers a 500 and 600 Typhoon (rare) keepers going back 51 years. Got screwed with the 85 XL350 purchase a bike looking very good of 2,900 miles, used in the dirt before selling 30-40 miles without the air filter. Silent running no cold start piston slap, may of got lucky a light hone and rings, light valve and seat dressing. Carbs cleaned and rejetted properly it'll run and show like new. Been thinking too small for local and highway use hence not a keeper once assembled. Then pops up the 84 XL600, I had to have it being super clean highway rode only bike of low miles last rode back in 2004 stored away in a warm garage. Full service required as usual, carb kit plus rejetting run properly even being a 49 state bike vs the nasty evap crap and EPA's super lean Kalif. jetting. This a fun bike keeper geared taller replacing the 85 XL350 once assembled.

Riding bikes beyond 40-50 mile jaunts has stopped couple years ago due to a second required spine surgery being overdue by 11 years vs 305 max then Covid struck, surgery on hold 15 months and counting.  All bikes stored away with the XL600 down to engine in frame, triple clamps and controls secured to the frame backbone from being transported from Arizona in the 04 Ford Escape back home. Had removed the back and front passenger seat for more room to transport the bike home with several moving quilts protecting everything. That was a 2 1/2 day trip from hell of 1,643 miles including purchase and dismantling the bike for transport time and loading. Pushed the lower back way beyond its limits, suffering and hurting a week later. Back be damned I was on a mission and wanted that XL600 no matter what, everone told me i'll not make it down and back. Hell Tehachapi Pass as well the Grapevine and HW 395 were closed due to snow and ice. Spent 5 1/2 hrs. parked on the HW with 3,000+ big brigs. Started trip on a monday 11 PM, arrived Arizona at the seller tuesday 7:38 PM.  Looked at, purchased then took bike apart until dark, finished dismantling by 9:00 AM wednesday, loaded and headed home by 10:30 AM. Arrived home 15 hrs. later 1:30 AM thursday. A good back day the back is limited to 40-50 miles max, bad days not trusting myself and not flexible enough to ride. Those my slow tinkering days messing with the XL600. I Mmust do something or go crazy. Yeah I sound like an old lady, sorry just a hopeless gearhead.......~~=o&o>.......

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markit said:

True American IMO, I burnt trash this morning, that should gain me some points! :applause:

Only if you added brush and leaves allowing that great ourdoors fire smell, hell add a fine cigar with a bier watching the burn. Points added coming from me. Hell pollution, nobody making a stink about China with them polluting the world. Now ya done it, tomorrow i'm not going to use the rescued and repaired electric lawn mower and instead fire up the 2T lawn mower. That another curb find that had a broken cable (OSHA BS) applying the brake not a seized up engine. Delete runs great at 24:1 vs 40:1 better to please the neighbors. Castrol Racing R oil that has great smell. My WWII 750 and 250 cc drone engines require 8:1 oil mix, talk about smoke with 30 wt. Motor Pool oil back in the day. They have brass rod big end shell inserts so no 40:1 mix, not even 24:1 preventing seized rod issues. Keeping the neighbors guessing what next I can come up with in noise, oh that is the 3 Hp mair Raid siren I fire off on New Years and the 4th of July. I ain't normal........~~=o&o>.......

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

You must be a really good rider to need 4 of them. I'll be in your area on Thursday if you wanna show me around. I'm pretty slow but I like riding with good riders so I can learn. 

Presently rusty ain't worth a chitt how i'd rate myself. Bedtime for this idiot being a 20 hr. day......~~=o&o>......

Edited by ThumperHead

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ThumperHead said:

Used pickups in America are not cheap with most modern plastic trucks having 17 plus cup holders designed for shopping mall duties decked out in expensive options. It has become the vehicle of choice for women driving pickups besides the world full of SUV's all looking the same just change the hood and rear door name. Just because they design an ugly POS SUV doesn't mean you have or should buy it JMO. 

As mentioned above, the US is a big country with the long boring middle section you'd go crazy riding hrs. on end feeling like you made no progress. Hell the recent mad run to Arizona cured me for a long time of driving and looking at desert. I maybe spoiled and can be at the ocean in minutes, mountains and over passes into the high elevation Eastern Sierra plains within 5-6 hrs.

Just be careful with the crazy wack job drivers in Kalifornia as some drivers do not respect motorcycles and their safety which in my book is due to the few that have stupid loud exhausts letting the world know they are badd azzes speeding splitting lanes including busting off mirrors if they felt they were squeezed while splitting lanes doing 85 with traffic flowing at 70+ in 65 mph zones.

Welcome to the Nut state of Kalifornia with the highest gas prices in the nation. End of negative reply sorry had to sound off. Early spring or better yet warmer late fall with the vacationing crowd are back home, kids in skool the best riding times.

DO NOT put me in the same category of most the wack jobs here in Kalifornia even when i'm a native Kaliforian. I also like guns, take that wack jobs Diane Feinstein and Nacy Pelosi.

It was cool meeting people in Arizonia way out in nowhere talking firearms then show and tell once they got over my Kalifornia plates. I may be a radical but in a good way not the Kalifornia stupid NUT JOB way........~~=o&o>.......

yes, i know it's a big ride shot... I'm used all life to drive for 18 hours non stop a day. ok, this ill be more than a week of driving, but still ok . Give isolation and peace of mind, and time to think and... play LOUD music you love.... 🙂
Bringing bike, considering costs and others wont be  a solution.
Have to check about driving licence if i'm driving for couple of months.  I'm used to drive only fracking old cars . mines presently are 20 yeras old italian, 450 000 km one, 230 000 km other. My USA references are a bit obsolete, last time was in...71  🙂. So I guess you have now more "european" smallers cars which don't suck fuel as young catholic girls ?!  Buy an old one ? Maybe do in two parts, rent a car east side and fo around, then plane and rent a car west and go around too... ?
I'm no more interested by riding bikes on roads..  Only offroad .  Is it difficult to rent one ?  Bying one would need registery, so i guess adress, insurance and a lot of papers to do for a foreigner...(same pb for car)   Juts start of the list 😉 no problem. step by step

update ; for less than  3 months I can use my driving licence 

Edited by Hannibal Babar

8 hours ago, Sierra_moto said:

3rd picture down was one of those days...I was near the top of a 9k' ridge when the lightening came through...thought I was a gonner for a minute. Temps dropped down to the 40's and quarter-sized hail started falling from the sky. By the time I got down about 3k' in elevation, the sun was back out and it was 80F.:excuseme:

Made me laugh as that was a given seeing tight black clouds gathering in the distance and overhead. 

Yers ago crossing the roof of a 12 story building we were working on (new construction) a weather front appeared the same as you had and lighting struck the Chicago Boom attacked to the side of the building and app 15 feet taller. We were between 18 and 20 feet away from the lighting strike. The smell of ozone besides a flash blindness taking an hr. to see normal again.

When I used to ride the Sierra's and anywhere else at altitude during summer I always carried a 10' x 10' light weight tarp with thin 1/8" rope. This to cover myself and bike if caught without shelter also as a tent with a self inflating sleeping pad and sleeping bag sleeping under the covered bike.  Depending how long and where traveling go swimming or once a week or two a small mom and pop hotel. Between stores having packaged dry food and water plus a hiking mini stove I never went to sleep hungry. Always carried snacks, food and engery drinks. Don't forget the Mosquito netting.  Fun at dusk watching bats flying around catching bugs......~~=o&o>......

4 hours ago, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

Just don't eat the pulled pork in Belarus.

Don't order meat in China too rare as it might bark or meow at you. Yes I ate dog in China, it's beef to them.

Note to self, get my dumb azz to bed, ok......~~=o&o>.......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThumperHead said:

Don't order meat in China too rare as it might bark or meow at you. Yes I ate dog in China, it's beef to them.

Note to self, get my dumb azz to bed, ok......~~=o&o>.......

you should try serbian cheese. pure farm product... pure turista for  6 weeks ( yes 6 weeks !)  Still make laugh all riding buddies...  but nothing compared to european mc donald... 99% of tile, you get gastro intestinal problems 🙂   covid habiots of washing hands will change things but in all Europe  it's a nightmare. just stay at toilets entrance and check how many people just wash their hands... maybe 30 % .... :( 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, ThumperHead said:

Only if you added brush and leaves allowing that great ourdoors fire smell, hell add a fine cigar with a bier watching the burn. Points added coming from me. Hell pollution, nobody making a stink about China with them polluting the world. Now ya done it, tomorrow i'm not going to use the rescued and repaired electric lawn mower and instead fire up the 2T lawn mower. That another curb find that had a broken cable (OSHA BS) applying the brake not a seized up engine. Delete runs great at 24:1 vs 40:1 better to please the neighbors. Castrol Racing R oil that has great smell. My WWII 750 and 250 cc drone engines require 8:1 oil mix, talk about smoke with 30 wt. Motor Pool oil back in the day. They have brass rod big end shell inserts so no 40:1 mix, not even 24:1 preventing seized rod issues. Keeping the neighbors guessing what next I can come up with in noise, oh that is the 3 Hp mair Raid siren I fire off on New Years and the 4th of July. I ain't normal........~~=o&o>.......

Nabors's been taking care of the Spring time fragrance with a stump he's been burning leaves on for a week. 🔥

8 minutes ago, Hannibal Babar said:

you should try serbian cheese. pure farm product... pure turista for  6 weeks ( yes 6 weeks !)  Still make laugh all riding buddies...  but nothing compared to european mc donald... 99% of tile, you get gastro intestinal problems 🙂   covid habiots of washing hands will change things but in all Europe  it's a nightmare. just stay at toilets entrance and check how many people just wash their hands... maybe 30 % .... :( 

Those 30% were the ones also serving food. 

In Bangkok we sat outdoors and ordered bottled Biers all around. The male server used his teeth as a bottle opener. That didn't go over well, had to show the kid how to hold the bottle against a table edge then smack the cap to open or use a plastic lighter to m,pop the cap off......~~=o&o>.......

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ThumperHead said:

Those 30% were the ones also serving food. 

In Bangkok we sat outdoors and ordered bottled Biers all around. The male server used his teeth as a bottle opener. That didn't go over well, had to show the kid how to hold the bottle against a table edge then smack the cap to open or use a plastic lighter to m,pop the cap off......~~=o&o>.......

in Thailand I used to only buy "family" food made on road side by women... CHeap, fresh and best food i ever tasted... In all countries, best place to be sick is restaurant.....

On 4/7/2021 at 12:58 AM, Sierra_moto said:

Western US for sure. I've lived here my whole life, but it's still stunning how vast the western US is. 

Just my local area:

IMG_20200531_175546439.jpg.05fa122af28134d71e7361349395f63f.jpg319447038_IMG_20200622_1416016602.jpg.71bb27a997b8606d3825271f47858657.jpgIMG_20200623_152414618.jpg.53ea34f4aae531b528d0d774b161d8c8.jpgIMG_20200712_180429919.jpg.5d7d542b975cddacf4c9b01a143424ba.jpgIMG_20210113_123203558_HDR.jpg.eb800e3a7f98f664bfd901f54558a404.jpgIMG_20210404_123912903.jpg.3cc47820f083a6a3b8827a77b3138995.jpg

0812181502a.jpg.f2838663fa47626d842d9786ae5ea958.jpg0728191226.jpg.eaa2f4c69138f96264df31adb1b5d9d5.jpg0729191254.jpg.4c51c08cd03ff41ce7ba1a670299c404.jpg

i see you already prepared a second beta for me 🙂 🙂 

On 4/6/2021 at 3:12 PM, ThumperHead said:

Funny, I’d call the middle stretches of the country excellent, and it’s boring/crazy/stupidity on both ends. East coast/west coast. F THAT. I’ll take no coast, pond, and catfish. 

• Helpful 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 69fastback said:

Funny, I’d call the middle stretches of the country excellent, and it’s boring/crazy/stupidity on both ends. East coast/west coast. F THAT. I’ll take no coast, pond, and catfish. 

No need to travel far way to know that human being is same everywhere... "Grass is always greener elsewhere" VS "my place is better than yours" 😉 

edit  : " My place is BETA than yours" 🙂 

Edited by Hannibal Babar
  • Like 1

Just now, Hannibal Babar said:

NOneed to travel faway to know that human being is same everywhere... Grass is always greener elsewhere VS my place is better than yours 😉 

I’ve been to every state in this country, along with many other countries, and I travel plenty to know where it’s good, and where it isn’t 😉

• Like 1