ged93

Another italian story

Everybody here knows that Beta and Tm already have efi on 2 strokes , Tm uses tpi technology and Beta has his own patent .

Now I would like to tell a little story , for those who are interested , about another italian brand ( almost lost brand ) which has the efi technology , even if they are a very small company : Villa - maybe some of you remember them , it's an historical brand , they make great bikes and fast big hores in '70-'80 s .

Now they are back with a very small handcrafted production , they make only on request this mx 125 with efi and pneumatic ev :

Eicma-Moto-Villa-Italia-FV125-1-1-1030x686.jpg.37ad432f009120c29b1492d217d69e13.jpg

FS-125-motore-1030x687.jpg.2efbb249df5abdf59b5a74c8a01fc434.jpg

Here you can see some tests :

Now , I've discovered that they made a prototype of a 300 with the same technology in collaboration with GG and an italian famous technician which is well known with his company as 'the magician of ecus' , he works with famous riders and manufacturers around the world , unfortunately GG went out of business before starting production or better tests ( the crazy thing is how simple that engine looks like )

Here is the owner and the bike , go to minute 6:50   :

A real petty that this maybe would have been a game changing project for both GG and Villa , life is very unfair sometimes . He is a very kind and passionated man , we are slowly loosing these old school experts who has spent their entire life racing and making parts , people who can build a winning race bike just with hands , experience and a small shop , no needs of engineers and PCs ( in every big company like Beta , Sherco , Ktm , Honda .... there are always a couple of these old men who knows EVERYTHING about bikes and engineers/designers/testers/mechanics needs them to know if they are making things right , they keep all the secrets and tricks ) 

Beta , why not invest a bit on them or make a little joint venture ?

• Like 9
  • Helpful 1

:Beta , why not invest a bit on them or make a little joint venture ?:   

Never happen .

That insult at the wedding  one hundred and fifty years ago sealed the fate of both.

• Haha 10

18 minutes ago, ged93 said:

Everybody here knows that Beta and Tm already have efi on 2 strokes , Tm uses tpi technology and Beta has his own patent .

Beta has confirmed plans for 2T EFI now? (I.e. technology + production plans + target launch date?)  If so, I'm pretty sure this is news to most all of us.

I read some rumors a couple of years ago about Beta applying for a 2T EFI design patent, but nothing since.  Only asking because that's quite different from proven market-ready technology with production plans and timeline in place.

• Like 1

I'm in contact with a person which works pretty close to Beta ( I buy spare parts from him ) , he said me that , like Sherco , they want to launch the efi in 2024/25 when the new euro 5,6,7,8...10'000 what the f**k is called will not allow carbed 2 strokes as street legals anymore ( it was supposed in 2021 but it has been changed , again ) .

They have bikes ready ( 250-300 ) but 125 is giving more problems he says , they started tests some years ago .

Yes , at the moment the only official thing is the patent .

48 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Never happen .

Yes , mine was a joke....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

That insult at the wedding  one hundred and fifty years ago sealed the fate of both

For sure !

As long as they give us Neanderthals who still prefer a carb over complexity a chance to buy one before they become obsolete.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ged93 said:

...they make great bikes and fast big hores in '70-'80 s .

Sounds like a good time!  70-80 is a bit older than I’m used to...but I hear they all look the same in the dark!

• Haha 9

6 hours ago, ged93 said:

they make great bikes and fast big hores in '70-'80 s

Couldn't get past the fast big hores! 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, GP said:

That bike looks like an Italian Husky chassis/bodywork. 

I noticed the same in the first video.  That old dude pullin the front end up though 😆

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 8:13 PM, ged93 said:

Now I would like to tell a little story , for those who are interested , about another italian brand ( almost lost brand ) which has the efi technology , even if they are a very small company : Villa - maybe some of you remember them , it's an historical brand , they make great bikes and fast big hores in '70-'80 s .

Now they are back with a very small handcrafted production , they make only on request this mx 125 with efi and pneumatic ev :

Eicma-Moto-Villa-Italia-FV125-1-1-1030x686.jpg.37ad432f009120c29b1492d217d69e13.jpg

Now , I've discovered that they made a prototype of a 300 with the same technology in collaboration with GG and an italian famous technician which is well known with his company as 'the magician of ecus' , he works with famous riders and manufacturers around the world , unfortunately GG went out of business before starting production or better tests ( the crazy thing is how simple that engine looks like )

A real petty that this maybe would have been a game changing project for both GG and Villa , life is very unfair sometimes . He is a very kind and passionated man , we are slowly loosing these old school experts who has spent their entire life racing and making parts , people who can build a winning race bike just with hands , experience and a small shop , no needs of engineers and PCs ( in every big company like Beta , Sherco , Ktm , Honda .... there are always a couple of these old men who knows EVERYTHING about bikes and engineers/designers/testers/mechanics needs them to know if they are making things right , they keep all the secrets and tricks ) 

As far as I - used- to know, Beta's old tricky guy is..... Austrian... 🤭

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 12/24/2020 at 7:19 AM, ged93 said:

Ooops ... bores....

blacksmith hands/fingers are not the best to push small buttons on a phone...

Real cabbage grabbers huh.

On 12/23/2020 at 12:13 PM, ged93 said:

Hey! I lika disa bike! 🤏

bv000021.gif

18 hours ago, dirtbird said:

As far as I - used- to know, Beta's old tricky guy is..... Austrian

Yes he is , that's the truth , Beta took a great 2 stroke 'engineer' from KTM around 2009-2010 and he saved them from default developing the engines that we all know , the famous RR 300 engine is a combination of a KTM 300 with a Beta trial engine , with a couple of tricks

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, ged93 said:

Yes he is , that's the truth , Beta took a great 2 stroke 'engineer' from KTM around 2009-2010 and he saved them from default developing the engines that we all know , the famous RR 300 engine is a combination of a KTM 300 with a Beta trial engine , with a couple of tricks

I don’t know, I’m very familiar with the Beta trials motor inside and out. I don’t see any correlation between it and and RR motors. I wouldn’t even think they are from the same company if they both didn’t say Beta on them. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

7 hours ago, Cullins said:

I don’t know, I’m very familiar with the Beta trials motor inside and out. I don’t see any correlation between it and and RR motors. I wouldn’t even think they are from the same company if they both didn’t say Beta on them. 

Beta off road is a different foundry and a different factory from Beta Trials.

Beta off road made it's money from building up the 50cc-199cc KTM motors and transmission for decades. Pull of the ignition cover and it says 'made in italy'.

The Trials bike motors are die cast, not sand cast like the R series are.