Jump to content

supercross THE BIGGEST TEAM

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

But....could go the way of Geico.. 

Same could be said for most teams. I feel better about long game with rich guys that like our sport, POS bean counters in corporate marketing departments don't care at all.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

But....could go the way of Geico.. 

Star doesn't rely on a big outside sponsor like Geico.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Funny how quickly they turn isn’t it  

It's not turning when the only reason I supported JB was that he was on blue. 

I hope the door hit him in the ass on the way out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, indy rider said:

Same could be said for most teams. I feel better about long game with rich guys that like our sport, POS bean counters in corporate marketing departments don't care at all.

For sure. I just worry that when you add this massive amount of "employees", you have to expect someone to be laid off when they are under performing... 

Though I don't have the answer, I do believe that SX has to look at changing their program allowing B level guys (guys who didn't make the front 22 rider main) a platform to compete. Guys like The 722, AJ CAT, and Alex Ray have a fan base that want to watch them compete but with riders so stacked its becoming more and more likely that they won't make the main... 

Possible why GNCC has excelled as there are 3+ class's for top level guys, E-bike class, Women's, Etc... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Yes sir. I don't root for KTM riders and I'm not fooled by different color plastics. If it looks like a KTM and breaks in half like a KTM it's a KTM. 

Merry Christmas Red

Oh dam.....its starting early again. Everyone needs some spiked eggnog 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, indy rider said:

Got it covered. 

Merry Christmas Numbers!

Merry Xmas to you and all the thumper clan. Now get out there on those quad trails 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

Wouldn't that make it even more worrisome? Long term, is that sustainable?

There's good and bad to it.  But any team's whose primary sponsor is something like Geico that can decide they're no longer seeing ROI for their marketing $$, and thus can completely pull out of racing, that team has a chance of going tits up.

Geico pulled sponsorship of Germain Racing as well in roundy roundy.  Hence that team is &%$#@!ed too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

There's good and bad to it.  But any team's whose primary sponsor is something like Geico that can decide they're no longer seeing ROI for their marketing $$, and thus can completely pull out of racing, that team has a chance of going tits up.

Geico pulled sponsorship of Germain Racing as well in roundy roundy.  Hence that team is &%$#@!ed too.

Be nice if 5 hour did something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, redrider144 said:

There's good and bad to it.  But any team's whose primary sponsor is something like Geico that can decide they're no longer seeing ROI for their marketing $$, and thus can completely pull out of racing, that team has a chance of going tits up.

Geico pulled sponsorship of Germain Racing as well in roundy roundy.  Hence that team is &%$#@!ed too.

Sure but individual owners can pull the plug just as well especially if they get into financial trouble, lose partner sponsors,  or the if the economy goes into the shitter. JGR is just as gone as Geico. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaconne said:

Sure but individual owners can pull the plug just as well especially if they get into financial trouble, lose partner sponsors,  or the if the economy goes into the shitter. JGR is just as gone as Geico. 

Geico pulling out and the team having to fold should teach others an important lesson. Don't rely so much on one main sponsor, vendor, contractor...etc. If they leave you hanging, you, your business and employees are screwed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Geico pulling out and the team having to fold should teach others an important lesson. Don't rely so much on one main sponsor, vendor, contractor...etc. If they leave you hanging, you, your business and employees are screwed.

I wonder since motorcycle sales are better than ever since the early 2000s if company's like PC are doing record sales.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 777654321 said:

I wonder since motorcycle sales are better than ever since the early 2000s if company's like PC are doing record sales.

Mitch Payton recently did a long two part show of Whiskey Throttle and said they've had a prenominal year. They've sold out of stockpiles of stuff that just trickled out previously.  

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...