Jump to content
777654321

Suzuki got a team

Recommended Posts

Glad to see Heart-Throb got a ride on the Twisted Tea Team.  Should bring more drunk hot girls into the stands. 😀

Keeping my fingers crossed for Anstie.  If he can stay healthy through the SX season, it will be great to see him outdoors again.  I'm looking forward to seeing him on more podiums.  Maybe that will re-energize Suzuki to open the purse strings a bit, for more research & development to keep them relevant.  (I'm still a 'Zuk fan boy at heart).

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have mixed feelings about Suzuki even participating.  If they aren't going to provide a bike that can win, why go through the motions?  I don't think we can dispute that Kawasaki and KTM can win.  Honda with Sexton and Roczen is probably close as well.  Yamaha finally put in the effort this year, but I don't think they have the potential to win a championship that Honda and the K's have yet.  Suzuki?  What are they going to gain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The H.E.P. twisted tea team was already a team, correct? They just weren't the factory Suzuki team... that was JGR last few years. So it makes sense Suzuki throwing some money into a team that already existed for the sake of having a team. I am sure the twisted tea, HEP team welcomes the extra money and support especially when they already had/were funding a team without factory zuk support.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they just wanted to get rid of JGR

This team is the result of them hitting the reset button so late. They may have a strong team next year

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MotorBoatin said:

I think they just wanted to get rid of JGR

This team is the result of them hitting the reset button so late. They may have a strong team next year

JGR cost to much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MotorBoatin said:

I think they just wanted to get rid of JGR

This team is the result of them hitting the reset button so late. They may have a strong team next year

It's possible. Especially when Anstie was making the JGR riders look foolish last MX season on his first year on the team, on a non-factory bike.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mxaniac said:

If they aren't going to provide a bike that can win, why go through the motions?

The yellow 450 has won a national championship more recently than Honda has.

  • Like 7
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

The yellow 450 has won a national championship more recently than Honda has.

Yep. Only husky and kawi have won a 450 MX title since zuk.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mxaniac said:

I have mixed feelings about Suzuki even participating.  If they aren't going to provide a bike that can win, why go through the motions?  I don't think we can dispute that Kawasaki and KTM can win.  Honda with Sexton and Roczen is probably close as well.  Yamaha finally put in the effort this year, but I don't think they have the potential to win a championship that Honda and the K's have yet.  Suzuki?  What are they going to gain?

NO. Put et3, webb, ac9, JA21 all on yallow for this sx season, guess what your going to get the top 4-5 in the standings.  I picked these 4 guys for a reason 😉

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zinergy said:

Yep. Only husky and kawi have won a 450 MX title since zuk.

It KR if stayed on yellow there probably would have been even more wins, but his retirement plan wouldn't be the same.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Yes, but obviously continuous development isn't that important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Yes, but obviously continuous development isn't that important.

Tomac could win on that bike. He'd most likely ride better in SX on it. His kawasaki always looks like it wants to turn wide.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 777654321 said:

Tomac could win on that bike. He'd most likely ride better in SX on it. His kawasaki always looks like it wants to turn wide.

Keefers son at the end of this video comparing the Honda cornering to the Kawasaki cornering is how I feel about it too.

 

Edited by mxaniac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...