Suzuki got a team

7 hours ago, Enduro Addict1 said:

DWMN!  Now we have to listen to the say "the seven deuce deuce!"  Over and over again!  I thought 2020 was bad lol

Theyre gonna play his whole song if he makes top 4 in the lcq.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Arctic Pride said:

I think the biggest thing here is that its an alcohol sponsor, hope to see more of that coming in. 

It can’t hurt. The beer companies have been struggling with marketing the last few years. Boston beer company makes twisted tea and has the marketing budget. AB and Miller/coors will be watching to see if they get any traction from this, they’re budgets are way bigger than Sams. 

On 12/24/2020 at 1:57 PM, mxaniac said:

I have mixed feelings about Suzuki even participating.  If they aren't going to provide a bike that can win, why go through the motions?  I don't think we can dispute that Kawasaki and KTM can win.  Honda with Sexton and Roczen is probably close as well.  Yamaha finally put in the effort this year, but I don't think they have the potential to win a championship that Honda and the K's have yet.  Suzuki?  What are they going to gain?

You want fewer teams? Fewer opportunities and the sport to shrink? Suzuki won in 2016, they'd win today with Tomac or another contender. 99.9% of everyone who posts on this site can't ride a Suzuki to it's full potential. I'm not saying they're better than any other brand, but to act like you or anyone else can't win on one is ridiculous IMHO. What are they going to gain? Exposure of professionals riding them competitively at the highest level of the sport...Making the shootouts look as irrelevant as they actually are.    

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PB729 said:

You want fewer teams? Fewer opportunities and the sport to shrink? Suzuki won in 2016, they'd win today with Tomac or another contender. 99.9% of everyone who posts on this site can't ride a Suzuki to it's full potential. I'm not saying they're better than any other brand, but to act like you or anyone else can't win on one is ridiculous IMHO. What are they going to gain? Exposure of professionals riding them competitively at the highest level of the sport...Making the shootouts look as irrelevant as they actually are.    

Suzuki can't get top level talent, they aren't going to win.  No top rider is going to be lured to Suzuki with their current offering.  I suspect you see more Suzukis in the LCQ than anywhere else.  I don't know what kind of positive exposure they get from running around out of the top 10.  Their Suzuki bucks for local racing seems far more likely to attract buyers than having a lack luster professional team.  So what does Suzuki gain by fielding a sub-par team?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mxaniac said:

Suzuki can't get top level talent, they aren't going to win.  No top rider is going to be lured to Suzuki with their current offering.  I suspect you see more Suzukis in the LCQ than anywhere else.  I don't know what kind of positive exposure they get from running around out of the top 10.  Their Suzuki bucks for local racing seems far more likely to attract buyers than having a lack luster professional team.  So what does Suzuki gain by fielding a sub-par team?

Their 450 might be all new next year since it's in the 4th year of production

Maybe they roll out an all new kick ass bike with an all new full factory team..........

spacer.png

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Their 450 might be all new next year since it's in the 4th year of production

Maybe they roll out an all new kick ass bike with an all new full factory team..........

spacer.png

Perhaps next year I'll get in shape and shave 10 seconds of my lap times.

But seriously, I don't think anybody doesn't want Suzuki to do that, it just seems unlikely.

Edited by mxaniac

On 12/28/2020 at 5:49 AM, indy rider said:

Yea with something like 19 guys that have won races he's going to have a hard time making the night show.

Interesting.

16 hours ago, mxaniac said:

When Rockstar drops out from dirtbikes in 2022,,,,  we have 3 riders available, well two contenders at least 🙂 GO YALLOW>

Edited by KABLEXXL Biden 2021

18 hours ago, mxaniac said:

For the casual and intermittent fans just having the brand out there is probably enough. KTM fielded mediocre teams in SX/MX for years but still kept it out there and though things have changed dramatically for them now it wasn't always that way.

I don't think any of these companies are interested in trophies as be all end all since dirtbikes are an extremely small part of their portfolios. Viewership asses and free advertising seems to work with the sport whether you are on the podium or not. (Not saying that they wouldn't like the podium but it is more marketing and advertising and how much they want to pay and what they think the ROI is rather than the trophy IMHO).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

For the casual and intermittent fans just having the brand out there is probably enough. KTM fielded mediocre teams in SX/MX for years but still kept it out there and though things have changed dramatically for them now it wasn't always that way.

I don't think any of these companies are interested in trophies as be all end all since dirtbikes are an extremely small part of their portfolios. Viewership asses and free advertising seems to work with the sport whether you are on the podium or not. (Not saying that they wouldn't like the podium but it is more marketing and advertising and how much they want to pay and what they think the ROI is rather than the trophy IMHO).

Is @redrider144 coming. Is he gonna ride or keep you from getting sun burnt😁

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

I don't think any of these companies are interested in trophies as be all end all since dirtbikes are an extremely small part of their portfolios. 

We can all tell Honda doesn't care 

When was the last time they won an AMA big boy title

spacer.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

We can all tell Honda doesn't care 

When was the last time they won an AMA big boy title

It's the Red Death.  They might have had several with KRoc by now.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

It's the Red Death.  They might have had several with KRoc by now.

And Eli and Reed and Canard and Townley and.......

• Like 3

22 hours ago, PB729 said:

Social media as well.  Lots of pro's in all different sports having to step up their posting game even if they never wanted anything to do with it.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

Social media as well.  Lots of pro's in all different sports having to step up their posting game even if they never wanted anything to do with it.

Agreed. AMart probably sold more shit than anyone else in 250s last year on the Zuke. Between those Troll Train vids, health info website, and drawing in new sponsors like Split Nutrition he is a biz magnet. Sport needs this kind of athlete participation. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1