Suzuki got a team

5 hours ago, mxaniac said:

Every team buys their champion.  Some teams sign them as kids where they make 300k per year on an 85, other teams lure them away later.  In no case is the team getting paid by the rider for the opportunity to ride their bikes.  That's what privateers do, and they aren't becoming champions.

Refer to mogs post.

1 hour ago, rmxtgh said:

Perhaps you should edumacate honda on this....pissed off mcgrath.....pissed off Carmichael.....

Think about it.

1 hour ago, Chaconne said:

We need the initiative of a modern PABATCO. Guys like that knew how to take a low cost import and do just enough to make them decent for the average person to reliably use. 

Yeah how did that work again?  PABATCO imported Yamaguichi bikes that used Hodaka engines?  Then Yamaguichi went under and Hodaka made the whole bike?  Something weird like that.  I remember an oddball engine cover that said Yamaguichi.  The tank emblems all had PABATCO.  When I lived near Pendleton the "old timers" used to tell me about how they did a break in test at the factory where each production worker would hop on a bike and they'd all go buzzing down the road like a swarm on these little 100-125cc bikes.

10 hours ago, mxaniac said:

Yeah how did that work again?  PABATCO imported Yamaguichi bikes that used Hodaka engines?  Then Yamaguichi went under and Hodaka made the whole bike?  Something weird like that.  I remember an oddball engine cover that said Yamaguichi.  The tank emblems all had PABATCO.  When I lived near Pendleton the "old timers" used to tell me about how they did a break in test at the factory where each production worker would hop on a bike and they'd all go buzzing down the road like a swarm on these little 100-125cc bikes.

Yes pretty much. The PABATCO team was old school entrepreneurs taking a little risk and building a market with products that they ensured were good enough.

The problem with a lot of the Chinese stuff today is there is no "middleman" ensuring quality (this is also true for other lower cost imports as well). It is costed down either Walmartized (cheap as you can negotiate for) or direct online and this means little or no QA at all. 

1 minute ago, Chaconne said:

Yes pretty much. The PABATCO team was old school entrepreneurs taking a little risk and building a market with products that they ensured were good enough.

The problem with a lot of the Chinese stuff today is there is no "middleman" ensuring quality (this is also true for other lower cost imports as well). It is costed down either Walmartized (cheap as you can negotiate for) or direct online and this means little or no QA at all. 

Yes when I bought my TIG welder I didn't want to pay Miller price but I knew the really cheap ones from China wouldn't last long enough for a return.  I bought an Everlast where they do all the QC and final packaging here in the US.  Same concept.  Same thing is going on with guitars.

• Helpful 2

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

I've been so distracted with carnage I haven't paid any attention to the Suzy "team". Any of them doing anything?

No

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

I've been so distracted with carnage I haven't paid any attention to the Suzy "team". Any of them doing anything?

They did better with Savatgy if that tells you anything.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Chaconne said:

They did better with Savatgy if that tells you anything.

Savatgy looked better on the kawi than the ktm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

Any of them doing anything?

Max Anstie made his debut last race, didn't have to go through the LCQ to get to the main like the other two putzes they have. In his heat race, MA had to fend off Dean Wilson for the final transfer spot, and looked very competitive doing it. I believe I heard the announcers say Adam E broke his collar bone in practice prior to the last race, so he'll be out for a while... no great loss

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dmouse said:

Max Anstie made his debut last race, didn't have to go through the LCQ to get to the main like the other two putzes they have. In his heat race, MA had to fend off Dean Wilson for the final transfer spot, and looked very competitive doing it. I believe I heard the announcers say Adam E broke his collar bone in practice prior to the last race, so he'll be out for a while... no great loss

I was impressed anstie held off wilson for the final spot. Albeit an injured Deano. Dean did finish 12th in the main while anstie finished 18th. Anstie should improve though as this was his first 450sx main event ever I think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

I was impressed anstie held off wilson for the final spot. Albeit an injured Deano. Dean did finish 12th in the main while anstie finished 18th. Anstie should improve though as this was his first 450sx main event ever I think.

I had never really heard of him until last year outdoors where he looked really good, hope this guy can rescue TeamSukuki

30 minutes ago, Dmouse said:

I had never really heard of him until last year outdoors where he looked really good, hope this guy can rescue TeamSukuki

Hes british and has raced in mxgp for the last 10 years or so. Hes even had some moto wins in mxgp and mxon... so hes expected to do better in mx than sx.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

You're rattling @mog's cage with talk like that!!

In mog's defense, it's simply "different settings" when discussing these things!!

Lol so much ,I want to answer so bad 

• Haha 3