Video The most scenic single trails in Thailand

59 minutes ago, Max Ime said:

Just back from 4 days enduro trip in Chiang Rai, North Thailand. Here's the first day, it was a total blast of for us riding a lot of closed trails to ride in the open! Epic day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtO9B_rbNJQ

Awesome! I’m surprised you guys aren’t carrying machetes. We do. The terrain looks so much like Hawaii . Nice vid! Thankyou for sharing!

35 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Awesome! I’m surprised you guys aren’t carrying machetes. We do. The terrain looks so much like Hawaii . Nice vid! Thankyou for sharing!

We "try" to not go too much bush hacking and look for technical but cleared trails most of the time. A lot of local villagers clear walking trails to connect different remote villages which we mostly use

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Ime said:

We "try" to not go too much bush hacking and look for technical but cleared trails most of the time. A lot of local villagers clear walking trails to connect different remote villages which we mostly use

I guess for us we’re the villagers for where we are.. 🤣 but the green growth grows so fast. And trees fall etc. Most all of us carry in our backpack or have sheaths mounted on the bike somewhere. We figure we’re coming back to ride at some point in time. Cool vids! Looks fun!

4 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Here’s a real old trail vid. It shows typical local setups. Kind of comparable type trails. Actually this is an open section. It’s more like your vid looks asfar as greenery constantly growing. 

Yes looks like even though we're the oposite part of the world, the vegetation is exactly the same :D 

We do carry saws in case, but if there's a big log and we have to get accross we use all means necessary (try to go around or worse case lift over). The roughest trail we every did was one no one used, so totally overgrown and with big gaps and down trees everywhere: rough ride at night

Here in Thailand the majority are thais, but in the mountains what I call local villagers are all hill tribes of different ethnics: Akha, Lahu, Karen, Hmong/Miao, Mien/Yao, Lisu, and Palaung, which have their own language and look very different from another.

• Helpful 1