Nortz

1986 CR250. The saga continues

4 hours ago, Nortz said:

Kit fitted but should they protrude like this? I can’t remember what they where like when I took them off 

Top one not as bad but then the cap is raised more

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nortz, i think those bushings should sit flush? The cover keeps out water and mung, you might have the wrong part, there...

On 4/6/2021 at 4:10 AM, Nortz said:

Dry assembly with no internals and new bottom cases. Going to sandblast complete like this. Need to see what’s under the JB weld on the barrel!!!

434778EB-C2C4-4E3F-9BD7-3042E92B1FA1.jpeg

A535F919-F228-445E-8207-D13B89C8FEFC.jpeg

Nortz, take each compoent apart to be sand blasted, remove all seals, and bearings, and do each of the parts seperatly. don let any over blast go into a bore or a screw hole. mask every thing off..Media blasting is much gentler...

• Like 2

On 3/27/2021 at 1:48 AM, M E T A L A C I D said:

Hang in there Nortz, paitence pays off..I had an 86 a long time ago, and it was bone stock, but a fun bike to ride..

Just for you Metal. Loosely assembled for now so I do t lose anything

941D1F33-C1C1-4B82-A1F2-4AA5A4F2DD3C.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nortz said:

Just for you Metal. Loosely assembled for now so I do t lose anything

941D1F33-C1C1-4B82-A1F2-4AA5A4F2DD3C.jpeg

Thanks Brother! It's looking mighty fine. Nothing like a clean, alloy swing arm, those decals look the part. Looking good!🤠

• Like 1

9 hours ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Nortz, take each compoent apart to be sand blasted, remove all seals, and bearings, and do each of the parts seperatly. don let any over blast go into a bore or a screw hole. mask every thing off..Media blasting is much gentler...

If you soda blast, just soak the parts in water when done. The soda dissolves. Great for doing carburetors. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Willie71 said:

If you soda blast, just soak the parts in water when done. The soda dissolves. Great for doing carburetors. 

I looked at soda blasting but I need to use 100 Grit for the Cerakote to take properly.

100 Grit is super fine so it wont leave big pit marks and the entire engine is stripped out. No bearings in it even so clean up wont be an issue. I'll blank everything off before i do it anyway just to help and prevent damage to exposed oil seal areas etc.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Just now, SlowDinoDog said:

no, I think that's correct.

Thanks. Looking at the diagrams it doesnt show any but common sense would suggest maybe there should be some especially given the shaping of the arm on the inside.

21 hours ago, SlowDinoDog said:

It threw me off, too. Here's how my '88 looks.

IMG_3991.JPG

IMG_3992.JPG

Wow Thanks for the pics. You also have the protruding internal which makes me happy.

• Like 1

No

Ive asked the question here and checked various adverts etc for the bike at that time and it’s black for that year

2 hours ago, Nortz said:

No

Ive asked the question here and checked various adverts etc for the bike at that time and it’s black for that year

I had the 82, 85, 82, and 89 250R's, and all of em had a little difference in their looks and layout. 86's main mission was to de-tune that explosive 85 power out put, by placing the mighty honda power port valve, and change up the port timing. It was a dam good bike, until 1987,,,

4 hours ago, Nortz said:

No

Nope. I looked at my pics of mine as it came home from the showroom. The outline should be blue. Your research is flawed. Keep googling. The correct stickers are available on Ebay. Sorry.