Xr200 build

It's an 87 frame, the front forks are a 2001 cr125, xr 600r rear shock, 1990 xr 250 swingarm, zongshen 250cc engine with fmf header for crf 230f, fmf powercore for xr200. the bike preforms really well. I spent 2 years building it. I'm never home though. you can PM me for all the parts.

• Like 3

That looks like it came together nicely. Builds like yours represent a missed opportunity for Honda (and other manufacturers) of combining quality suspension and brakes with a simple torquey aircooled trailbike engine in a lightweight chassis. No hate from me over the Chinese engine, that e-start seems like a nice addition. I like it! Any idea on the final weight, wheelbase, and seat height?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Charles13 said:

You had me until the Chinese engine, I don’t know anything about them, where do you get parts for them?

I used a 230 engine in the one I built a few years ago, so if you are a purist you can go that way.

The Chinese engines are really solid, and you get a kick start if that is important to you.  The new full 250cc version that GPX MOTO is using would be my choice if I was to do it over again.  Or I suppose I could just buy the GPX FSE250S and be done.

So I looked up these motors and there is not a lot of information on them as in prices or parts availability, there is a dealer near me, but they only contact through Facebook or messenger which I do not have. I have a ton of money invested in Honda parts and haven’t even put my motor together yet (I had some setbacks trying to fix a stroker setup that I bought on here). These seem like a very good alternative to get more power from a 200 platform and I have another bike in the works that I am going to put together from all of the parts that I have left over, so it would be very interesting to see a; weight, handling, power and cost comparison to something like Chuck or Chadzu have put together

78680CF2-3E17-447C-8615-164F95050733.png

The seat height comes just over 37 inches. I love my setup, it's perfect for what I use it for which is tight technical trails. The powerplant is fantastic, doesn't bog what so ever. I remember owning xr's back in the 90's and they always had a tendency to bog whenever you wanted to lay down on the throttle. The front and rear disc brake is definitely an advantage over stock. The suspension is great for getting over just about anything. I ride very aggressive so I have it on a bit of the stiffer side. It doesn't feel all too heavy for an old school four stroke. I can toss it around just as easy as my yz's. The fun factor is above all a plus.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Charles13 said:

So I looked up these motors and there is not a lot of information on them as in prices or parts availability, there is a dealer near me, but they only contact through Facebook or messenger which I do not have. I have a ton of money invested in Honda parts and haven’t even put my motor together yet (I had some setbacks trying to fix a stroker setup that I bought on here). These seem like a very good alternative to get more power from a 200 platform and I have another bike in the works that I am going to put together from all of the parts that I have left over, so it would be very interesting to see a; weight, handling, power and cost comparison to something like Chuck or Chadzu have put together

78680CF2-3E17-447C-8615-164F95050733.png

I seen a guy with roller rockers fir that engine. 230 replica China motor. The threads in hear somewhere.