Walker signs with Factory Beta

On 1/8/2021 at 2:28 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

Walker is a new for Beta hard enduro guy. He’s great..   But really I didn’t realize till the last round of world enduro gp. how amazing Brad Freeman and Steve Holcombe are in brutal conditions. They’re blazing fast !!! This is one of a few vids from Portugal that impressed.  Holcombe and Freeman were straight on another level than everyone else. I think both could be winning hard enduro if that was their bag but it’s a different kind of racing that they prefer. 
Portugal was a mess but then I got to see how great the 2 world champion Beta riders are in brutal conditions. 

Barcia and Plessinger would have done well in that race, they are both pretty fast mud riders even though it's GP, going fast in the mud is, well going fast in the mud.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tye Durden said:

Barcia and Plessinger would have done well in that race, they are both pretty fast mud riders even though it's GP, going fast in the mud is, well going fast in the mud.

I don’t know.World  Enduro Championships is a different animal. Most mx guys suck ass in hard enduro situations. They might be good in muddy track days.. Ive never seen both of them in hard enduro riding so idk. Got any videos??  Portugal wasn’t normal enduro too this year. It was brutal hard enduro stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I don’t know.World  Enduro Championships is a different animal. Most mx guys suck ass in hard enduro situations. They might be good in muddy track days.. Ive never seen both of them in hard enduro riding so idk. Got any videos??  Portugal wasn’t normal enduro too this year. It was brutal hard enduro stuff. 

The MX guys who are good in the mud, would be good in the Hard Enduro mud, but only in the fast non-technical mud. You are correct in that they would probably get waxed in the technical stuff. Apples to Oranges!!

• Like 2

On 1/6/2021 at 9:31 AM, SlowDinoDog said:

After reading about it on TT, doesn't Beta need to make better quality electronics and harnesses to reduce KTM 2T market dominance?

60 hours no issues. How many you got on that tpi? 

On 1/6/2021 at 4:30 PM, Chaconne said:

I don't think many know who Jack Dempsey was. Babe Ruth yes but that is because team sports keep traditions and records going, individual sports not so much.

Not many know who Jean Claude Killy (skiing) was or even Mark Spitz (swimming) was and those were Olympic sports icons at one time. And they were dominates and impacted their sports tremendously.

Once the records are eclipsed in individual sports it is typically off to the dustbin of history. Some individual sports like track have tremendous athletes who hardly get known to begin with like Usain Bolt. The are exceptions like Ali, but I bet few know who Franz Klammer or even Alberto Tomba was, maybe @XR_Kev does or some other old guys who remember when sports like skiing and moto were growing in popularity in the US, and kids actually wanted to do them just for the fun of it.

BTW basketball is growing a lot internationally. I think Yao Ming is somehow involved in Chinese b-ball and it is growing there.

I know Spitz and Dempsey, I never liked team sports of any kind. Buncha fags.

Edited by GreatWhiteFire
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2021 at 6:11 PM, Piney Woods said:

Looks effortless which makes the bike look good also. Still so young, I hope he recovers his earlier fitness/form. I give the Beta guys a hard time but the sport does need some bikes at the top that don't come from one factory. 

Just buy one already, I did and love it. Haven't ridden my YZ or Husqvarna in months. You're old as dirt, gitter done while you still can, then you can bitch about what a steaming POS you got for 9 grand. We all know nothing makes you happier than misery. 

Edited by GreatWhiteFire

13 minutes ago, GreatWhiteFire said:

60 hours no issues. How many you got on that tpi? 

I was just reading a few threads on Beta harness and electronics issues...someone proposes a solution for Beta 'market dominance' and I stated they need to develop a reputation for reliability to achieve 'market dominance'.

You're not stupid. Reliability is statistical. Both my statement and yours can both be correct.

23 minutes ago, SlowDinoDog said:

I was just reading a few threads on Beta harness and electronics issues...someone proposes a solution for Beta 'market dominance' and I stated they need to develop a reputation for reliability to achieve 'market dominance'.

You're not stupid. Reliability is statistical. Both my statement and yours can both be correct.

Pre-21 issues. ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteFire said:

Just buy one already, I did and love it. Haven't ridden my YZ or Husqvarna in months. You're old as dirt, gitter done while you still can, then you can bitch about what a steaming POS you got for 9 grand. We all know nothing makes you happier than misery. 

Help me Dr,,,please help me!

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Woodschamp said:

Hey @firffighter I heard Jonny wasn’t going to race the King of Motos this week because his stomach became really sensitive and he got bad diarrhea from eating Chicken and Waffles.   

Some food can just ruin a good thing I guess. 

Peaceout ??

Sounds more like he's masking PEDS.

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2021 at 7:19 PM, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

What Beta did you buy?  I looked back a few posts but didn't see the model mentioned.

Edited by redrider144

17 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

What Beta did you buy?  I looked back a few posts but didn't see the model mentioned.

:D He bought a Beta now you can't go hoax the Beta forum with your false trolls anymore... Waffles will know it is you...?

Edited by Chaconne
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

:D He bought a Beta now you can't go hoax the Beta forum with your false trolls anymore... Waffles will know it is you...?

I haven't been caught trolling there in a long time.  I used to complain about lack of KYB, Beta responded with KYB on their race editions.  KYB option kinda ended the debate IMO.

Edited by redrider144
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I haven't been caught trolling there in a long time.  I used to complain about lack of KYB, Beta responded with KYB on their race editions.  KYB option kinda ended the debate IMO.

I didn't know waffles was getting a Beta I thought he was happy with his Husky.

On 1/6/2021 at 5:30 PM, Chaconne said:

I don't think many know who Jack Dempsey was. Babe Ruth yes but that is because team sports keep traditions and records going, individual sports not so much.

Not many know who Jean Claude Killy (skiing) was or even Mark Spitz (swimming) was and those were Olympic sports icons at one time. And they were dominates and impacted their sports tremendously.

Once the records are eclipsed in individual sports it is typically off to the dustbin of history. Some individual sports like track have tremendous athletes who hardly get known to begin with like Usain Bolt. The are exceptions like Ali, but I bet few know who Franz Klammer or even Alberto Tomba was, maybe @XR_Kev does or some other old guys who remember when sports like skiing and moto were growing in popularity in the US, and kids actually wanted to do them just for the fun of it.

BTW basketball is growing a lot internationally. I think Yao Ming is somehow involved in Chinese b-ball and it is growing there.

Heck, there's a lot of people who don't know who Bruce Jenner was.

?

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2021 at 12:26 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

I think Plessinger grew up riding woods with his dad whom raced woods. BICBW because memory.

• Like 2