ckny

Walker signs with Factory Beta

1 minute ago, mxaniac said:

So who is the most marketable name in SX?  I see ET3 all over the windows of mini-marts.  Roczen?  Webb? Anderson?  AC?  I'm guessing Tomac.

Today it's Tomac.  Tomorrow, it's gonna be one of the new guard.

7 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

I can see this changing

I just changed it.  I now hold @GBow521 accountable for all rider social media.  He's gonna be busy!

18 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

So... it's not Pierre Karsmakers?

Actually.....it is.  I was trying to trick you, but it didn't work!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I just changed it.  I now hold @GBow521 accountable for all rider social media.  He's gonna be busy!

Actually.....it is.  I was trying to trick you, but it didn't work!

I thought so!  It's really hard to imagine guys like Joel Roberts fading to obscurity.  I can recall so many guys from the 80s, especially MXGP, that you would never think would be forgotten but when was the last time someone mentioned Geboers or  Jobe?  Rahier? Malherbe?  I guess they didn't have social media 🙂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Arctic Pride said:

I can see this changing

It won’t, it’s in the riders contract. 

Edited by GBow521

5 hours ago, Arctic Pride said:

I can see this changing

JT was talking about it on PulpMX and was saying that the guys that don't want to do it hire people to do it. They take care of the necessary stuff to keep in line with their contracts and that racers themselves add something occasionally. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mxaniac said:

I thought so!  It's really hard to imagine guys like Joel Roberts fading to obscurity.  I can recall so many guys from the 80s, especially MXGP, that you would never think would be forgotten but when was the last time someone mentioned Geboers or  Jobe?  Rahier? Malherbe?  I guess they didn't have social media 🙂 

Well we getting old. Who knows dirt riders from the 50’s and 40’s and 30’s? Before???Guys who would have remembered  are dead. A bunch of guys riding and racing in the 70’s are dead too. Guys now have never even seen an air cooled 2 stroke running. They weren’t even alive 🤣. Don’t you already get:   You mean you still are riding???  and get some RCA victor dog look.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Well we getting old. Who knows dirt riders from the 50’s and 40’s and 30’s? Before???Guys who would have remembered  are dead. A bunch of guys riding and racing in the 70’s are dead too. Guys now have never even seen an air cooled 2 stroke running. They weren’t even alive 🤣. Don’t you already get:   You mean you still are riding???  and get some RCA victor dog look.

People still remember Babe Ruth or Jack Dempsey because they were in mature mainstream sports.  MX didn't start flourishing until the 60s, much of that due to technology development. So Bengt Aberg (spelling?) is probably one of the earlier riders from when the sport was becoming established.  But MX is still a niche sport, and has never really become part of the mainstream culture.  Jeremy changed that some in the US, I can't really speak for Europe where they had a big headstart.  Since the younger generations would rather play Xbox, I don't see any of this changing.  Perhaps eSports stars on Twitch will become the cultural icons.  Basketball and football is shrinking too, certainly hollywood is losing its luster.  Pop divas still seem to be big in our culture though, ugh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mxaniac said:

People still remember Babe Ruth or Jack Dempsey because they were in mature mainstream sports.  MX didn't start flourishing until the 60s, much of that due to technology development. So Bengt Aberg (spelling?) is probably one of the earlier riders from when the sport was becoming established.  But MX is still a niche sport, and has never really become part of the mainstream culture.  Jeremy changed that some in the US, I can't really speak for Europe where they had a big headstart.  Since the younger generations would rather play Xbox, I don't see any of this changing.  Perhaps eSports stars on Twitch will become the cultural icons.  Basketball and football is shrinking too, certainly hollywood is losing its luster.  Pop divas still seem to be big in our culture though, ugh.

Yeah there’s that change in society too. The big problem now is we just have so many more people and not as much room to go out. Most of where I grew up riding was on sugar and pineapple field roads and the valleys and gulches in between. Most are housing tracts now. It’s harder to go out riding. People just are stressed out. People don’t act nice to each other as much too.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 9:57 AM, indy rider said:

I'd hate to know how much productivity is lost on my jobsites annually due to my guys being on their phones because jackasses that barely have to work post lame ass, look-at-me shit all day.

I'm going to try not to take that personally. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mxaniac said:

Oh shut the hell up that's bull$#!+.  😂😂😂

Well you know though that if they dish it out they better be able to take it too . :excuseme:🤣

hit the ball against the wall.. well the ball bounces back. :ride:

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

People don’t act nice to each other as much too.

I think you would be nicer if you didn't ride a Beta.  It has given you an inferiority complex, it would seem, because Beta are submissive to dominant Alpha types.

Edited by redrider144
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

more introduction

Hes such a copy cat running the same skid plate as me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Depp said:

No wonder I never visit Pro Racing, this is a magnet for trolls.

Nah.  I'm glad to see companies like Beta get top riders away from KTM.  Seems like KTM has gotten a bit too used to having market dominance in off-road.  We need Beta and others to put pressure on them.  And it seems like Beta is growing.

• Like 4