Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just went to buy the NBC Sports Gold SX/MX package but they have nothing offered. 

Anyone heard when/where they'll be available to buy the races for TV?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me thinks schedule to iffy at this point, even though they have a published schedule 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares!!?? It's stupid cross!  With that said the renewal is usually automatic

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wally63 said:

Who cares!!?? It's stupid cross!  With that said the renewal is usually automatic

I toggled off my auto renew 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way they handle the network comm time bothers me, if I have to pay to watch the commercials or see some off site still shot then I may as well save the $80 or whatever and just watch the network broadcast.

they advertise commercial free but they started sneaking them in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there's a SX news channel on Peacock....beyond that its anyones guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wally63 said:

Who cares!!?? It's stupid cross!  With that said the renewal is usually automatic

Next time I want your opinion, I'll pick you off my asshair and ask you. 👍

  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MXOldtimer said:

Next time I want your opinion, I'll pick you off my asshair and ask you. 👍

Next time I give you my opinion you'll suck on it and like it you crusty old bastard. 👍

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2021 at 8:49 PM, T.T. Rider said:

They advertise commercial free but they started sneaking them in.

Yeah lol, look at the fine print on the Peacock service.  

Peacock Premium Plus

Everything in Premium, without the ads.*

*Due to streaming rights, a small amount of programming will still contain ads

Edited by redrider144
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2021 at 6:49 PM, T.T. Rider said:

The way they handle the network comm time bothers me, if I have to pay to watch the commercials or see some off site still shot then I may as well save the $80 or whatever and just watch the network broadcast.

they advertise commercial free but they started sneaking them in.

You'll save more money by not paying for cable..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

You'll save more money by not paying for cable..... 

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you're REALLY REALLY harming your chances of ever getting that lucrative Comcast sponsorship.

But seriously, I agree turn off the TV and see if you're any worse off in life.  I'd be fine without a TV.

  • Like 3
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

You'll save more money by not paying for cable..... 

Yes that's true to an extent, unless you care about several specific shows / content.  It was inevitable that the networks would all start protecting their IP by locking in their own respective content into their own respective streaming services.

I cut the cord a few years ago, because I was mainly keeping TV service for SX, MX, and NFL.  Once NBC Gold added SX in addition to MX, it was a no brainer for me to use that and cancel TV.

I prob missed a few, but get all of these services and it approaches the cost of TV:

  1. Amazon Prime: $13
  2. Apple TV+: $5
  3. CBS All Access: $10
  4. Disney+: $7
  5. HBO Max: $15
  6. Hulu: $12
  7. Netflix: $14
  8. Peacock:  $10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you're REALLY REALLY harming your chances of ever getting that lucrative Comcast sponsorship.

But seriously, I agree turn off the TV and see if you're any worse off in life.  I'd be fine without a TV.

 

spacer.png

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Yes that's true to an extent, unless you care about several specific shows / content.  It was inevitable that the networks would all start protecting their IP by locking in their own respective content into their own respective streaming services.

I cut the cord a few years ago, because I was mainly keeping TV service for SX, MX, and NFL.  Once NBC Gold added SX in addition to MX, it was a no brainer for me to use that and cancel TV.

I prob missed a few, but get all of these services and it approaches the cost of TV:

  1. Amazon Prime: $13
  2. Apple TV+: $5
  3. CBS All Access: $10
  4. Disney+: $7
  5. HBO Max: $15
  6. Hulu: $12
  7. Netflix: $14
  8. Peacock:  $10

My household is:

Prime - which we'd pay for anyway because of online ordering. 

Hulu

NBC Sports Gold 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YouTube TV

Prime

Netflix

and I just turned off autorenewal for Sports Gold 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

My household is:

Prime - which we'd pay for anyway because of online ordering.

Hulu

NBC Sports Gold

Same, although I paused Hulu because I haven't been using it.  And because a few of the older shows I cared about have been pulled, because the networks want to lock people in.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just lamenting about general streaming proliferation, and that it was inevitable that networks would start locking in their content into their own platforms.  

Edited by redrider144

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

Same, although I paused Hulu because I haven't been using it.  And because a few of the older shows I cared about have been pulled, because the networks want to lock people in.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just lamenting about general streaming proliferation, and that it was inevitable that networks would start locking in their content into their own platforms.  

I don't really watch TV at all, the only thing I wanted before was SX and MX and prior to the NBC sports package I would've been required to have a very expensive cable package. Basically I'd have had to pay for disney, espn, and a bunch of other things to get the package that had dirt bike racing. So I went without for years, I'd go watch at the local sports bar sometimes, or catch it the next day on youtube, find a stream etc. 

 

I was delighted when they came out with the Sports Gold App. 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I was delighted when they came out with the Sports Gold App. 

Same.  SX + MX in Gold allowed me to cut the cord, and I don't miss it.

And yeah I've been doing Amazon Prime for several years due to shipping, so that one doesn't really count.  They lump in video with it whether I want it or not.

Edited by redrider144

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...