7 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

found it, when i searched "supercross"  it only brought up last season, but if i browse for it under "sports" it shows replays

Yeah the UI / searching / finding stuff could definitely use some work on their part.

• Helpful 1

18 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Yeah the UI / searching / finding stuff could definitely use some work on their part.

would also like to see a preview box when moving the cursor so I can just jump to the mains quickly, that or separate them like they did on the old app. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

33 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

would also like to see a preview box when moving the cursor so I can just jump to the mains quickly, that or separate them like they did on the old app. 

I wish the had the preview box or a way to skip to the next race. But I dont remember nbc gold app being able to do that either. I remember having to manually skip ahead on replays to get to the beginning of the next race.

The NBC Gold app was much better. Using the new Peacock app I can't even pause or rewind a LIVE event. That is just basic functionality in the days of the DVR. Poor design and planning when your old app was better than the new one.

Speaking of which... You can't even get the damn thing in the Amazon App store if using a Fire Stick. I had to sideload it.  Again very poor planning when the top two streaming device platforms are Roku and Fire TV.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HSV-DirtRider said:

The NBC Gold app was much better. Using the new Peacock app I can't even pause or rewind a LIVE event. That is just basic functionality in the days of the DVR. Poor design and planning when your old app was better than the new one.

Speaking of which... You can't even get the damn thing in the Amazon App store if using a Fire Stick. I had to sideload it.  Again very poor planning when the top two streaming device platforms are Roku and Fire TV.

You couldnt rewind a live event on nbc gold either. Pretty sure I remember having to wait until coverage is concluded and it to be a replay before I could rewind on nbc gold as well.

I think you guys are just forgetting the lacking features in the nbc gold app. Peacock is the new app from the same media outlet. It has the same limitations as the previous nbc gold app. 

The top 2 OS is android or ios(apple). Those are what everything is moving too.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HSV-DirtRider said:

I didn't have any trouble sideloading Peacock.  But it still a pain to have to do.  I hate that I can't rewind or pause a live event.  

1 hour ago, Zinergy said:

You couldnt rewind a live event on nbc gold either. Pretty sure I remember having to wait until coverage is concluded and it to be a replay before I could rewind on nbc gold as well.

I think you guys are just forgetting the lacking features in the nbc gold app. Peacock is the new app from the same media outlet. It has the same limitations as the previous nbc gold app. 

The top 2 OS is android or ios(apple). Those are what everything is moving too.

I am sure I remember that I could start at the beginning of a live stream on NBC Gold.  Or rewind to the start of the event.  I do remember that the rewind and fast forward didn't work very well on the Firestick but it did work.  Am I remembering this wrong?  Seems like the NBC Gold didn't work great on the Firestick but it did work.  Moving around in a live stream on the computer was much easier.  Am I imagining this?  

It had to work because I remember the live stream being dumped before I had watched the entire event and I had to wait a few minutes until the replay was uploaded before I could finishing watching the race.  

15 hours ago, Zinergy said:

I often did. I joined late then hit the rewind button to go back to the beginning of the broadcast. I could pause it as well if I had someone come in and want to talk to me. 

14 hours ago, IdahoRC said:

I didn't have any trouble sideloading Peacock.  But it still a pain to have to do.  I hate that I can't rewind or pause a live event.  

I didn't have any issue sideloading it either. Just a Youtube video away but not everyone that wants to watch Peacock is that tech savvy or knows you can even sideload apps. Why wouldn't they get Amazon onboard. Amazon has the NBC app.  They rushed it too market and figure they will fix it all later.

15 hours ago, Zinergy said:

You couldnt rewind a live event on nbc gold either. P

Agreed.  I remember being able to pause, but not rewind.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zinergy said:

I wish the had the preview box or a way to skip to the next race. But I dont remember nbc gold app being able to do that either. I remember having to manually skip ahead on replays to get to the beginning of the next race.

They definitely separated the moto's for outdoors, just had to FFW through the usual stuff like track previews.

11 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

They definitely separated the moto's for outdoors, just had to FFW through the usual stuff like track previews.

Oh yea, for outdoors they did. But for indoors it was the same shit show of jumping forward and hoping you didnt go to far and catch a glance of who is in the lead half way through a race 

So far I think Peacock sucks compared to NBC sports gold.  From the same company but some reason the Peacock video quality is horrible.  Jumps about every 10 seconds while the sound is fine, never had this issue NBC SG.  If it happens again with this next race I'm gonna have to contact them and log a complaint.  

20 minutes ago, Wally63 said:

So far I think Peacock sucks compared to NBC sports gold.  From the same company but some reason the Peacock video quality is horrible.  Jumps about every 10 seconds while the sound is fine, never had this issue NBC SG.  If it happens again with this next race I'm gonna have to contact them and log a complaint.  

For me it's the exact opposite. NBC sports gold worked like crap and froze up all the time. Havent had 1 issue with peacock freezing. I did notice the video lag a couple times but that is about 1000 times better than having to close my browser and open back up again like I used to have to do with the nbc gold app when it would completely freeze.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

For me it's the exact opposite. NBC sports gold worked like crap and froze up all the time. Havent had 1 issue with peacock freezing. I did notice the video lag a couple times but that is about 1000 times better than having to close my browser and open back up again like I used to have to do with the nbc gold app when it would completely freeze.

I had lots of similar trouble but turned out it was my chromecast device. Went to fire stick and everything was great. Now i have reverse problem with the bird, works great on chromecast and not the other.

15 minutes ago, T.T. Rider said:

I had lots of similar trouble but turned out it was my chromecast device. Went to fire stick and everything was great. Now i have reverse problem with the bird, works great on chromecast and not the other.

Works great through xbox.

throughout the mx season last year the Gold app via Roku on my system was awful but I could go to the webbsite on my laptop and connect wirelessly to my tv and it worked fine. I've been looking at Peocock randomly for a couple of weeks on my laptop and the resolution is really bad. Connecting to my tv was so awful that it had to be about 480i. On my Roku its just the opposite. I'm looking at the SX highlites on Peacock and it appears to be 1080 with just a little pixelation.  I'm sticking with NBCSN this year. I've recorded the races for replay and when the mx season comes around I'll decide what I want to do to watch it then......

• Like 1