Jump to content

How’s this piston and cylinder look?


Recommended Posts

I’m doing my first top end and I think I might need new plating, it seems to be partly worn on the exhaust bridge.

I can only feel a few light scratches with my fingernail on the exhaust side of cylinder.

I also know you can see how the engine in running by the carbon patterns on the piston. Does mine show anything?

 

Any input helps👍image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

11696EAC-6F77-49FA-8E51-CDFBE6D95CB0.jpeg

Edited by Aaron C.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

your choices are.  PowersealUSA. USCHROME. MILLENIUM Technologies.  

I have no experience with any of them, so I can't say brother.  

and there are likely others, but those are the 3 that I know of.  

  • Helpful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Aaron C. said:

I was expecting that Answer, you know anyone who does good work?

I will say that I am a PowerSealUSA.com only user. Nobody else has ever compared except for Langcourt in the USA, but they are no longer as of 4 years ago I believe.

  • Helpful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been using Powerseal exclusively for many years, always a good result.  I will leave it right there.  At this time they have done at least 500 top end re-linings for me.  Most were bore and re-lines but many were just re-lining.

Edited by wallybean
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aaron C. said:

Wow, guess I know where to go now👍

Make sure you use a good piston kit, don't scrimp to save a few bucks.  Do that and you will get many more hours of enjoyment out of the motor.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, wallybean said:

Make sure you use a good piston kit, don't scrimp to save a few bucks.  Do that and you will get many more hours of enjoyment out of the motor.

I was planning on ordering a wisco pro-lite piston. Do I sent it with the cylinder for them to make sure the clearance is right?

Edited by Aaron C.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Aaron C. said:

I was planning on ordering a wisco pro-lite piston. Do I sent it with the cylinder for them to make sure the clearance is right?

Yes you send it along with a cylinder..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, burntvalves said:

your choices are.  PowersealUSA. USCHROME. MILLENIUM Technologies.  

I have no experience with any of them, so I can't say brother.  

and there are likely others, but those are the 3 that I know of.  

Why no Langcourt? I had them do a YZ 250 cylinder years ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

×
×
  • Create New...