i am building a 2003 kx 85 for a guy. i got the bike an it was locked up top and bottom end. i tore the bike down and put a vertex top end with a hotrod crank, with a new/ used transmition. i have had a lot of ups an downs with this bike, such as before i got it running the powervalve governer spring gear, i discovered was completely shot. so i put a new one in. i finally got the bike up and running with little effort. the bike ran so crisp started 2nd kick every time 1st kick after warm. i was just waiting on some odds and ends to tie the bike together an give it back to the owner. but the other day after riding the bike for allitle to test the bike after putting about 2 hours of the top end to make sure everything was good. i went to start up the bike and it would start and then cut off. i got home found a piece of metal in the bottom of the inner clutch cover, then i then matched that piece up with the old powervalve actuator,(kips) . so as i would usually do when a part breaks i replace it. so i went and got a used pwoervalve actuator(kips), i waited for arival and after a long time of waiting i installed the new kips, wich i thought i installed correctly, by lining up the dot with the case mark, but the thing is is i go to start up the bike and the bike starts up 2nd kick like always and i let it warm up on choke and i give it alittle throttle and it returns to idle (not hitting the powerband) so i start to rev the bike right before the power band and blip the throttle, it reved into the powerband and sputtered and shit off (puffing out smoke while spuddering) it will only shut off when i let off the throttle, the thing that gets me is that i checked my allignment witht the case mark no exageration like 6 times  and the bike will do the same thing, i then toom the plastic powervalve cover off to see if the powervalve was being stuck open or something of that nature. but it was opending and closing but it took awhile for it to close almost like the powervalve is being held open but not stuck. i am just verry lost and have been raking my head for days now. please help me. and if anyone is willing to talk with me about this private message me and i will give you my phone number. i will also provide videos and pictures appon request. 

IMG_0776(1).jpg

2 hours ago, eric wesche (skippy622) said:

Are your power valve balls stuck? Open oil cap look torwds the front.

20210103_194848.jpg

i have the whole case cover off right now and it doesnt seem like they are but i can take a look. is there a posability that the balls can be binding up?

yes they all are. this issue is really getting at me

5 minutes ago, eric wesche (skippy622) said:

As long as there not stuck out it should be good. And all four are in there?