ckny

Beta announces MXGP Team

7 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

It might have been in another topic area but this was discussed quite a bit.  I posted a video on the bike there, but I don't think it had much detail.

The official announcement was made today. Very few details such as classes and size of bikes. 

6 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

The review of this 2T MX bike didn't really do anything for me.  TM is still the most intriguing to me.

Yeah I’d really love a chance to try the new injected TM’s. My dealer only brought in carb models so far. 

13 hours ago, mxaniac said:

The review of this 2T MX bike didn't really do anything for me.  TM is still the most intriguing to me.

I rode the 2 250  ,it was slow but apart from that it was decent ,nothing better then any other bike ,the sss suspension was nothing great 

25 minutes ago, mog said:

It turned decent 

It sounds like they've got a large chassis layout more like Yamaha and Kawasaki so a midget like me might not like it.  The owners in the TM forum seemed to think they'd gone away from the Honda "razor sharp turning" or whatever they stupid slogan Honda had adopted is.

So Beta isn't it, neither is KTM or TM.  Apparently I'm the only one wanting a quick turning nimble MX bike that makes me giggle with joy everytime I twist the throttle.

• Like 1

It didn't feel as fat as a Yamaha ,more like a Kawasaki 

Definitely fatter than husky 

To me most bikes turn decent now, KTM and TM and  Kawasaki I rode do rmz obviously , honda don't know 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Apparently I'm the only one wanting a quick turning nimble MX bike that makes me giggle with joy everytime I twist the throttle.

Can a YZ250 or 250SX not be setup like this?  Is the problem that when you reduce the rear sag enough to get them to turn sharp, they are too unstable?

Edited by redrider144

2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Can a YZ250 or 250SX not be setup like this?  Is the problem that when you reduce the rear sag enough to get them to turn sharp, they are too unstable?

No, they absolutely cannot.  It's not just fork height and sag.  Weight bias in the frame, rider ergos, rake trail and offset, and even frame rigidity in different planes all come in to account.  Maico, Honda, and Suzuki are the only bikes I know of the have this turning trait in common.  MXA even tried modifying a YZ450 frame to reposition the engine years ago to get rid of the push.

I get that some people find the CR/RM twitchy, they must have much different tracks with higher speeds because I just don't get that with the tracks I ride.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

The Honda's I have ridden are not anything special in turning ,even my rmz wasn't lol 

50 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

It sounds like they've got a large chassis layout more like Yamaha and Kawasaki so a midget like me might not like it.

You and @mog might be brothers from another mother.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mog said:

It turned decent 

The Beta or TM? 

Just now, redrider144 said:

I'm curious what @MotorBoatin, @lowmass, @mxaniac, and @mog say are the best turning bikes they've owned or ridden, and any insight they could give as to the "why."

Don't forget Keefers son, I posted that up recently too.

In a nutshell the front end feels planned without effort.  No focusing on the peg, pushing on the bar, making sure my elbow is up, and sitting as far forward as I can before I feel set like other bikes.  It's just instant set, roll it on, and focus on the exit.

• Helpful 1

3 minutes ago, ckny said:

The Beta or TM? 

TM , similar to KTM 

1 minute ago, mog said:

TM , similar to KTM 

The Beta turns really well, especially in transitions where you are quickly turning the opposite direction. 
Frame is slightly smaller and lower and feels fairly narrow. 

• Like 1