Beta announces MXGP Team

Just now, Johnny Depp said:

No confusion, try to keep up. Beta has a MXGP team, but no production 4t model MX'er. Maybe next year a 450 class bike, but a 250 4t is years away.

I should have clarified.

Since Beta's "we're entering MXGP" announcement was completely devoid of any bike related information, I'm confused why you felt like we're making a basically worthless thread more worthless, by not talking about a bike that doesn't exist?

• Helpful 1

9 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I should have clarified.

Since Beta's "we're entering MXGP" announcement was completely devoid of any bike related information, I'm confused why you felt like we're making a basically worthless thread more worthless, by not talking about a bike that doesn't exist?

The bike being ridden in all of those video's and shown in multiple photo's. That bike? If you care to educate yourself you are on the wrong thread. The SDM Corse team has not made their official announcement yet, I'd assume they are building up their own version of the bikes they picked up from the factory?

1 minute ago, Johnny Depp said:

The bike being ridden in all of those video's and shown in multiple photo's. That bike? If you care to educate yourself you are on the wrong thread. The SDM Corse team has not made their official announcement yet, I'd assume they are building up their own version of the bikes they picked up from the factory?

Show me any sort of official announcement from Beta or the team itself, on the bike they are actually gonna race in MXGP.  Until that exists, we might as well keep talking about the best turning bikes in MX history, because those are at least real bikes that someone can actually ride.

1 minute ago, Johnny Depp said:

This picture?  https://www.sdmracing.it/  It's photoshopped, that's really a Gas Gas.  And FYI Epstein didn't kill himself.

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

Here is Beta's official press release:

Beta officially enters the motocross scene in MXGP with the SDM CORSE team. The debut in motocross marks another important step in the history of the company, with a past full of passion among motocross tracks all over Europe, aiming as always for the highest levels and already entering the top world championship MXGP at its debut.

BETA-SDM Corse MX team will be composed by the experienced Belgian rider Jeremy Van Horebeek and the young Frenchman Jimmy Clochet, who have both accepted the new challenge with great enthusiasm together with the SDM team manager, Daniele Marchese.

Save the date on February 21 for the debut at the starting gate of the BETA-SDM Corse team in Riola Sardo, the first heat of the 2021 internationals of Italy!

I see no mention of a bike in there.  But yeah we're ruining the thread cause we aren't talking about something that Beta didn't bother to bring up!

33 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Show me any sort of official announcement from Beta or the team itself, on the bike they are actually gonna race in MXGP.  Until that exists, we might as well keep talking about the best turning bikes in MX history, because those are at least real bikes that someone can actually ride.

I don't need to repost all that shit again. but I will give some of it since you seem to be sincerely misinformed.

jeremy_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.cd0cf403505873cf83ec0fbc13b45ca8.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJoMMxshje8/?utm_source=ig_embed

Be sure to click on the arrows on the right side of the Instagram photos

https://dailymotocross.fr/video-jimmy-clochet-sur-la-450-beta/?fbclid=IwAR0Cn9qgMdqLMFMMT9vNB8yIPfOfcgmubuz-oDHeFglUqhRfTGmk6YOXeNs

The above link contains 4 videos. Scroll down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Be sure to click on the arrows on the right side of the Instagram photos

I know you're working with what's out there, but a picture on IG and a few vids on a French site aren't really what I'm talking about.

It's the total lack of mention of a bike in Beta's press releases.  We aren't talking about it....neither is Beta!  Be mad at them!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I know you're working with what's out there, but a picture on IG and a few vids on a French site aren't really what I'm talking about.

It's the total lack of mention of a bike in Beta's press releases.  We aren't talking about it....neither is Beta!  Be mad at them!

Honestly you’d think someone official would maybe provide details. As simple as what bike will be used?

I’m sitting here laughing thinking is this a joke? 
Same shit with the RX. All this hype and and cryptic posts and it’s a 300 with a 19 inch wheel. I mean you can’t make this shit up. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

5 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I'm pretty certain no teams release the details of their new models and setups. That comes in time, not upfront.

2 minutes ago, ckny said:

Honestly you’d think someone official would maybe provide details. As simple as what bike will be used?

I’m sitting here laughing thinking is this a joke? 
Same shit with the RX. All this hype and and cryptic posts and it’s a 300 with a 19 inch wheel. I mean you can’t make this shit up. 

What are you hoping for? KTM does it the same way, I've said all along a good enduro bike makes a good MX bike. It's not rocket surgery?

33 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

I've said all along a good enduro bike makes a good MX bike. 

Yes, because the KTM XC-W and XCF-W models are so dominant in MX.  ?

You aren't a KTM guy so you may not be aware, but the 4T versions (XCF-W) have almost nothing in common with the MX versions.  

As for the two strokes (XC-W), the engine cases and cylinders are mainly the same, but heads, ignitions, frame, suspension, transmissions, all very different from the MX versions.

I don't know where the Beta 300RR fits in there.  Is its more like a KTM 300XC or more like a HQV TE300?  Note I used TE because it has a linkage.  

Edited by redrider144

23 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

I'm pretty certain no teams release the details of their new models and setups. That comes in time, not upfront.

I don't remember how Kawasaki and Suzuki handled their first 450s in the US.  Regardless, Beta hasn't said shit, yet you're mad at us for not talking enough about the the thing they haven't said shit about.

Again, blame Beta, not us!

4 minutes ago, mog said:

I don't understand the beef ? They won't announce a team without a bike ?

He's mad at us cause we aren't talking enough about Beta entering MXGP, when all we know from Beta's announcement is, that Beta is entering MXGP.

Edited by redrider144

17 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

He's mad at us cause we aren't talking enough about Beta entering MXGP, when all we know from Beta's announcement is, that Beta is entering MXGP.

I don't get the problem ?

What are you saying about  the announcement?

13 minutes ago, mog said:

What are you saying about  the announcement?

There is no mention of a bike in Beta's official press release.  Which is...whatever, but Johnny got mad at us for "ruining" the thread when Beta hasn't given us much to discuss.

Edited by redrider144