ckny

Beta announces MXGP Team

59 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

There is no mention of a bike in Beta's official press release.  Which is...whatever, but Johnny got mad at us for "ruining" the thread when Beta hasn't given us much to discuss.

So ,no mention of bike? I don't get the problem ?

People are having a hard time believing Beta can take off the lights and go racing MX at the highest levels. Everyone is convinced you must start from scratch and build an all new bike. They want to pick apart the details which aren't released. Fake news that there is no bike info if you have eyes.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

People are having a hard time believing Beta can take off the lights and go racing MX at the highest levels. Everyone is convinced you must start from scratch and build an all new bike. They want to pick apart the details which aren't released. Fake news that there is no bike info if you have eyes.

@redrider144 is just torquing you because he can't stand it when you and HDR beat his ass so bad.....LOL.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mog said:

So ,no mention of bike? I don't get the problem ?

Fake News!  No bike, no race!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, redrider144 said:

Fake News!  No bike, no race!

I can conclusively disclose limited information per my sworn agreement which I will gladly enlighten you on your further quest to become a Beta Fan:

Red frame and red frame guards

Blue rims on standard hubs with a 19" rear

Red plastic with white front number plate and fork guards

Blue seat

Black tires filled with nitrogen

Black swingarm and handlebars and engine covers and triple clamps

White translucent gas tank

Sachs CC forks 

That is all for now, I am risking my trusted confidential position telling you this much, so don't ask for more today.

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Sachs CC forks 

Ummm...WUT.  Are they trying to lose?

Edited by redrider144
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Fake news....there is no bike info

I know right?  No bike info, Fake News!  I'm glad we finally agree on this!

Edited by redrider144
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Ummm...WUT.  Are they trying to lose?

After rigorous testing, on multiple tracks using precise laser timing, it was determined that the stock Sachs were on avg. 1.79 seconds faster a lap than the A kit KYB's.

They will change them out after every moto and replace them with fresh air which was found to be primarily responsible for their stellar performance.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

After rigorous testing, on multiple tracks using precise laser timing, it was determined that the stock Sachs were on avg. 1.79 seconds faster a lap than the A kit KYB's.

They will change them out after every moto and replace them with fresh air which was found to be primarily responsible for their stellar performance.

Alright, now we're getting somewhere.  Can Beta hire you as their PR guy?  Because your pseudo-information is still better than their complete airball.

I heard putting some methane in the forks helps prevent oil foaming.  But there is a slight risk of explosion.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

I just wanna know if it’s a 450 or a 430🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ckny said:

I just wanna know if it’s a 450 or a 430🤦‍♂️

No no no, @mog assured us that's not important, so there's no problem.

• Haha 1

Just now, redrider144 said:

No no no, @mog assured us that's not important, so there's no problem.

I’ve never heard of a team or manufacturer announcing a new race team and not mentioning the bike. It just seems like a standard procedure. 
Maybe that sheds some light on Beta buyers vs us regular dudes. 
I hope they have lots of red loctite and dialectic grease kicking around. 

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, redrider144 said:

I didn't say anything other than I see no issue , if they don't have a bike in time they don't compete , it's a huge financial investment that I would hope they don't make with no bike lol 

They have some time left to sort it regardless 

I don't see the problem still even now many posts later

Maybe your used to a lot of fake news and can't trust even an announcement now ?

Edited by mog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ckny said:

I’ve never heard of a team or manufacturer announcing a new race team and not mentioning the bike. It just seems like a standard procedure. 
Maybe that sheds some light on Beta buyers vs us regular dudes. 
I hope they have lots of red loctite and dialectic grease kicking around. 

Yes I agree.  But @mog and @Johnny Depp have assured us that we're wrong.

I think mog is Beta too, but doesn't want to admit to it.  I was wondering why he buys Red Loctite and dielectric grease in 55 gal drums.  Now we know.

Edited by redrider144
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, KABLEXXL Biden 2021 said:

another red ktm

217538_a51c0605fc5f2d2caaa40559df190bb5.

Are they ready to break into a song???

If they want to make a 450 with existing parts, it won't be very hard.  They can do it multiple ways.  One is really easy, one takes a bit more effort.

#1) overbore a 430 by 2mm (95mm to 97mm).  Puts you at 449.3cc.  The same cases accommodate the 100mm 480 piston, so there isn't any more work involved than getting a bigger slug of aluminum and replating.

#2) the more complex route (bigger piston, shorter stroke):  Use a slightly milled down 480 cylinder with a 350 crank (100mm slug + 57.4mm stroke = 450.8cc).  It is just a hair over 450, but how much that hair is relevant to the rules I do not know.  They can probably find a way to make it exactly 450 without too much issue even going this route.  For example, offset the piston pin just a few thousandths of a mm and you would probably get right at 450, but I don't feel like doing that math right now.  Longevity will suck with uneven loading, but with current FEA methods that should be able to be overcome pretty easily for the required MXGP piston lifespan.

But since this is MXGP and there is no production rule they can make whatever they want, regardless of if there is a production Beta "MX" bike.  It just depends how much money they want to spend.  As this is an "all new" market for the modern Beta, and they don't already have a dedicated MX bike, I would think whatever the team comes up with would be okay in regards to Beta.  This isn't a big Japanese conglomerate that only wants to race what they currently sell.  There has to be a lot of freedom for the team in this situation.

No matter how they get to 450cc, I would start with a lighter/smaller stator/flywheel as you sure don't need extra wattage to run lights or flywheel mass to poke through rocks.

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, eastreich said:

No matter how they get to 450cc, I would start with a lighter/smaller stator/flywheel as you sure don't need extra wattage to run lights or flywheel mass to poke through rocks.

No NO NOO!  @Johnny Depp has already informed us that you can just take the lights off and you are ready for MXGP!!!!  How dare you disrespect the Beta brand in this manner!!!!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

No NO NOO!  @Johnny Depp has already informed us that you can just take the lights off and you are ready for MXGP!!!!  How dare you disrespect the Beta brand in this manner!!!!

You could always bolt on a flywheel weight like everyone else after you take off the generator. It really is the fast way around the track when you're not burning rubber.

Edited by Johnny Depp