ThumperTalk

supercross American Honda Presents Factory Supercross Squad

image.png
American Honda Presents Factory Supercross Squad

Team Honda HRC to begin season on January 16 in Houston

TORRANCE, CA – January 7, 2021 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Today in a virtual event, American Honda presented Team Honda HRC’s riders and staff for the 2021 AMA Supercross and AMA Pro Motocross season.

image.png

German Ken Roczen begins his fifth year with Honda’s factory team after winning four rounds in last year’s series.

“I’m in a good position right now and excited to build on what we learned last year,” Roczen said in the presentation. “I feel extremely comfortable on the all-new CRF450R and will work hard to put it on the top step in 2021.”

Making his AMA Supercross debut aboard the factory 2021 CRF450R is 2019 and 2020 250SX East Region Champion Chase Sexton, who joined the squad for last year’s AMA Pro Motocross series, performing well and winning the final round.

“I learned a lot racing the 450 outdoors last year,” Sexton said. “I’m excited to take that momentum into Supercross, and I feel like I can contend for race wins and podiums.”

image.png

As previously announced, the factory squad has taken on the 250 effort for 2021, with CRF250R-mounted Australian brothers Jett and Hunter Lawrence prepared to campaign the 250SX East and West regions, respectively.

“All of the hard work is paying off,” said Jett, who is beginning his second full season as an AMA pro. “Now, going into the season, I just want to be consistent and ride smart—to ride like a champion and be there for every race.”

Jett’s older brother Hunter missed much of last season due to injuries, but he is approaching the 2021 season in good health and looking forward to a new challenge.

“Having this opportunity alongside Jett is great, because we push each other every day,” Hunter said. “Team Honda HRC has welcomed us with open arms and I just can’t wait to get the season underway.”

image.png

The first round of the 2021 AMA Supercross series takes place in Houston on January 16.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

@Johnny Depp....Notice how Honda actually mentions both bikes here, in actual words?  Get your shit together Beta!

They didn't reveal jack shit about the bikes. I'll let you know though, I'm flagging the 1st 3 rounds of the SX in Houston next week😉

• Helpful 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

They didn't reveal jack shit about the bikes. I'll let you know though, I'm flagging the 1st 3 rounds of the SX in Houston next week😉

They at least tell you the model of bikes they are racing.  Something Beta mysteriously hasn't mentioned.

And how is your Beta gonna feel when you leave her at home to go party with all of those other bikes?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Just to quote of of the major dirt bike tests,, who was it that got LAST????

Best Motocross Bike Winner—2021 Kawasaki KX450        *52HP

Best Motocross Bike 2nd Place—2021 Yamaha YZ450F     *53HP

Best Motocross Bike 3rd Place—2021 KTM 450 SX-F         *54HP

Best Motocross Bike 4th Place—2021 Husqvarna FC 450   *55HP

Best Motocross Bike 5th Place—2021 Honda CRF450R      *55HP

Edited by KABLEXXL Biden 2021

40 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

And how is your Beta gonna feel when you leave her at home to go party with all of those other bikes?  

Just like you on a Saturday night with that JS7 poster.:D:busted:

• Haha 2

I'm pulling for K-Roc this year.  Would really like to see him get a hard fought SX championship before the new gen comes to power.  :cheers:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sheath said:

I'm pulling for K-Roc this year.  Would really like to see him get a hard fought SX championship before the new gen comes to power.  :cheers:

No way that happens. Stick a fork in him. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Ya I wonder if he finishes the year better than Sexton. It is too bad KR lost so much time with injury. He might have been able to be top dog and taken the titles away from JA, CW, and ET if he was in top form.

The last year on Zuke and it was pretty much over. And that year he rode on KTM 450 buddying up with RV was also damn good. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chaconne said:

Ya I wonder if he finishes the year better than Sexton. It is too bad KR lost so much time with injury. He might have been able to be top dog and taken the titles away from JA, CW, and ET if he was in top form.

The last year on Zuke and it was pretty much over. And that year he rode on KTM 450 buddying up with RV was also damn good. 

You are probably both right, but I'm still pulling for him.  Would be good for him, the Sport and for Honda. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, sheath said:

You are probably both right, but I'm still pulling for him.  Would be good for him, the Sport and for Honda. 

I have really come to like KR he is real goof ball. I was never a big fan over the years but his riding and technique were always a marvel and his cornering was like watching Roger Federer play tennis --smooth, fast, and seems effortless.  

I also loved KR's lines in the Troll Vid with Filthy Phil:

Phil: "You &%$#@!kkkcing waxed us"

KR: "I didn't wax you" 

Phil: "I wanna see the lap times"

KR: Smirks....😁

He waxed them and Phil ate shit...:ride:

Edited by Chaconne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sheath said:

👍👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chaconne said:

Supposedly Sexton is and has been spank'n him on the practice track.

3 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

For several reasons, agreed.  He's riding out that contract.  He still has a SX win or 2 left in him on the right night with a great start, but we've seen Webb run him down on the last lap at least twice.

52 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

For several reasons, agreed.  He's riding out that contract.  He still has a SX win or 2 left in him on the right night with a great start, but we've seen Webb run him down on the last lap at least twice.

So you finally agree with me, I told you he'd never win another championship!  You used to get so angry with me. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Supposedly Sexton is and has been spank'n him on the practice track.

I fully expect Sexton to spank a lot of folks this year

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I fully expect Sexton to spank a lot of folks this year

I can see him battling for wins in the heats and for podiums in mains...so will AC and Ferrandis

Edited by indy rider