ThumperTalk

supercross American Honda Presents Factory Supercross Squad

3 hours ago, Arctic Pride said:

I like that FC Honda seems to allow flexibility for riders to shop the best gear deals compared to others who are locked via team deals. RB KTM GAS, MON KAW YAM e/t/c

FC Honda is no longer a team. 

28 minutes ago, GBow521 said:

They don’t even ride together so how can he be spanking him? 

Ken is just as fast as ever, it’s his conditioning that has been the problem. 

Oh. Heard it on PulpMX. Guess they could have been talking about somebody else but they made it pretty clear that someone that has been riding with him has been consistently faster than him. 

Getting accurate information around here is like trying to get my in-laws to pronounce Washington right (notice the absence of an R after the A), it's never going to happen and expecting otherwise is insanity.  When is Bowman going to learn?  😆

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, indy rider said:

Oh. Heard it on PulpMX. Guess they could have been talking about somebody else but they made it pretty clear that someone that has been riding with him has been consistently faster than him. 

H or J Lawrence? 

2 minutes ago, Momus said:

H or J Lawrence? 

Doubt either one of them are turning faster laps than Ken. 

If the Pulp shows weren't 5+ hours long I'd back through it try to find where they were talking about it. 

• Haha 2

On 1/7/2021 at 9:10 PM, indy rider said:

Supposedly Sexton is and has been spank'n him on the practice track.

I used to win Practice incredibly often too, and it never produced a Championship for me. KRoc can easily be holding back on some of his speed and working on conditioning like Gary said.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2021 at 5:38 PM, sheath said:

I'm pulling for K-Roc this year.  Would really like to see him get a hard fought SX championship before the new gen comes to power.  :cheers:

I don't think that is even his hope anymore but I do think he brings a lot to the Honda camp with his experience and natural ability as a mentor to the basically young team.

I expect a lot from Chase and Jett w/ Hunter and Ken as lucky to make a podium this year

• Like 2

The only reason Hunter has a factory ride is cause he’s Jett’s brother... change my mind. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Thefishman said:

The only reason Hunter has a factory ride is cause he’s Jett’s brother... change my mind. 

He had the factory ride before jett turned pro?

Jett is a bigger star already I agree but hunter put in the years of work racing GPs for peanuts so he and his brother could come to the US and race for a factory team. Hunter is the reason Jett is in the US with a factory ride.... period.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

He had the factory ride before jett turned pro?

Jett is a bigger star already I agree but hunter put in the years of work racing GPs for peanuts so he and his brother could come to the US and race for a factory team. Hunter is the reason Jett is in the US with a factory ride.... period.

Hunter finished 13th in MX and 24th in SX last year. The whole last season he was unimpressive to watch, and probably got a grand total of 3 minutes of screen time. I'm surprised he got a factory ride.

1 minute ago, Thefishman said:

Hunter finished 13th in MX and 24th in SX last year. The whole last season he was unimpressive to watch, and probably got a grand total of 3 minutes of screen time. I'm surprised he got a factory ride.

It's the 250 class, plenty of untested, subpar result having riders on factory teams if the potential is there. On good days hunter has hung with the best in the world in MX.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GBow521 said:

They don’t even ride together so how can he be spanking him? 

Ken is just as fast as ever, it’s his conditioning that has been the problem. 

Is roczen going to do anything this year or is his body just toast?

11 minutes ago, GoRide2 said:

You are asking has he what is needed for Tomac and Webb.

39 minutes ago, GoRide2 said:

Jesus GoRide, this is coming across as a normal question and not as a “I hate everyone except Christophe Purcell!” loaded question.

You feelin’ alright?

2 hours ago, Thefishman said:

He won two motos his rookie season then got hurt before supercross and then dislocated his shoulder three times during outdoors that is now fixed. He deserves a chance. 

He had offers from other teams without his brother. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GoRide2 said:

I honestly don’t know. We know he’s fast, but his body and mental problems are the question mark.  We will find out in the second or third race. 

• Like 1

Hunter was very impressive before his injury, so was Adam.  With Adam we've seen what can happen if you're patient.

It's going to be an interesting year.  KR has improved every year since his injury, did he peak last year or can he continue to improve?  Can ET build on last years SX or is he on the down slope.  Is ZO a contender now?  Did CW really get his back healed?  How much will Gas Gas change Barcia's results?  Will Sexton AC or DF change the game? Is JMart going to get another championship?  Will Jett have his breakout year? 

• Helpful 1