ThumperTalk

supercross American Honda Presents Factory Supercross Squad

5 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

Hunter was very impressive before his injury, so was Adam.  With Adam we've seen what can happen if you're patient.

It's going to be an interesting year.  KR has improved every year since his injury, did he peak last year or can he continue to improve?  Can ET build on last years SX or is he on the down slope.  Is ZO a contender now?  Did CW really get his back healed?  How much will Gas Gas change Barcia's results?  Will Sexton AC or DF change the game? Is JMart going to get another championship?  Will Jett have his breakout year? 

Matthes and JT were going back and fourth over what Ken we will see. Jt thinks he's in the running for the championship based on his speed alone. Matthes was of the belief that he is not. His point being that last year in SX, Ken was right there with Tomac until it all fell apart in SLC and then he had to sit out the nationals last year to get healthy. And that's now an established trend, he's missed races or seriously underperformed in a handful of races in every series since his injury. 

Webb was on pulp this week and said he's healthy. But don't they all as long as we can't see a cast or crutches.

Barcia? We will have to wait and see. Everything he says right now really is nothing more than marketing hype from a paid spokesman. The main thing I'll take (and later use) from what he's said is that "the bike didn't need setting up because their established settings were great" and that he's tested it on MX and SX tracks. That's the most used excuse riders use when things aren't going right. What's he going to say now during his mid-series slumps?

Sexton will still ride smooth but timid.

AC is planning to back down the initial intensity, start solid, move forward when possible but most importantly finish the races.

DV has been prepping DF 2yrs for this. He's looking to fight for wins. And I do mean fight!

Jmart should win. Jett should do good if he stays calm like he did outdoors.

Zac and JA...eh. They will spend more time racing AC, Sexton and DF than Eli, Webb and Roczen (if healthy). 

Until proven otherwise...Eli and Webb are still the favorites.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thefishman said:

The only reason Hunter has a factory ride is cause he’s Jett’s brother... change my mind. 

Maybe he will make better vids than his brother like AMart vs JMart. LOL.

23 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Barcia? We will have to wait and see. Everything he says right now really is nothing more than marketing hype from a paid spokesman. 

I'd buy into it, that you actually believe the above, if you said the same every time someone goes gaga over the Star 250s.  But I've yet to see you have a problem with any riders gushing over a blue bike.

Nobody gushes over the blue 450, so that's a non starter obviously.

• Helpful 1

35 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Maybe he will make better vids than his brother like AMart vs JMart. LOL.

Amart is being smart with his social program, he knows the clock is ticking should be able to make something of it before he can't get a ride 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I'd buy into it, that you actually believe the above, if you said the same every time someone goes gaga over the Star 250s.  But I've yet to see you have a problem with any riders gushing over a blue bike.

AP was recently gushing about the Star 450. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

Amart is being smart with his social program, he knows the clock is ticking should be able to make something of it before he can't get a ride 

Ya and it seems like he is able to develop sponsors on his own like Split Nutrition. His combo of performance training, nutrition, and dirtbike/extreme sports seems to work for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redrider144 said:

Everybody gushes about the 250's, not just their paid spokespeople. And Jmart turned down more money from KTM to go crawling back to Star.

Edited by indy rider
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

When Barcia got his ride after leaving JGR he gushed about it. And CR also talked it up when he was doing well on it like 2016. You and your friends only remember the half you want to hear.

How come none of you orange ball swingers will put a little on Barcia breaking the top 5 on red KTM??? He finished top 5 on the Blue piece of shit last year. You guys are so chicken you won't even put out public pick for Barcia.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

But nobody is gushing about AP.

His dad raced GNCC but wtf would either one of our points that have to do with reds statement that "nobody gushes over the blue 450"?

AP said the other day that he's finally healthy. We will see. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, indy rider said:

His dad raced GNCC but wtf would either one of our points that have to do with reds statement that "nobody gushes over the blue 450"?

@redrider144 just likes to stir the pot. Until he comes out and picks a finish for Barcia all else is just a fart in the wind. I think it will be very difficult for Barcia and DF to finish top 10. AP will be lucky to get 12th unless he has gone on a Webb like training program --just healthy ain't enough.

CW ET MM KR JA ZO AC MS CS JB DF gets JB and DF 10th and 11th without sleepers or unexpecteds.

Edited by Chaconne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

When Barcia got his ride after leaving JGR he gushed about it. And CR also talked it up when he was doing well on it like 2016. You and your friends only remember the half you want to hear.

How come none of you orange ball swingers will put a little on Barcia breaking the top 5 on red KTM??? He finished top 5 on the Blue piece of shit last year. You guys are so chicken you won't even put out public pick for Barcia.

They're squawk. Must be hens.

image.png.77120deaa2715334aed882e034d28ba5.png

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, indy rider said:

I like Plessenger he has a great story behind him, he's personable, and doesn't take himself too serious.  For whatever reason he's not met expectations, nor has anyone on a blue 450.  I still think it was the team, but Plessenger is in no position to do anything BUT gush over what his employer has provided him.  If he wants to ride, he has to behave like he's got a hand up his ass moving his lips.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Everybody gushes about the 250's,

Yeah.  It's clear to me that is the best 250.

Seems like most of the industry considers the KTM factory 450 to be the best 450 in SX / MX.  But then you insist that everyone that publicly says it (Reed, Webb, Barcia, etc) is either paid spokesperson or has an axe to grind.

If you wanna explain away Barcia's comments as due to being a paid spokesperson, then let's hear it about JMart too.

52 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Did you call bs on AP for being a paid spokesperson?

Edited by redrider144

32 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Until he comes out and picks a finish for Barcia

I don't see you guys tripping over yourselves to call your shot on Ferrandis.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

If you wanna explain away Barcia's comments as due to being a paid spokesperson

Do I need to? I didn't post a video claiming he was gushing over the bike or him stroking it up as proof his previous bike was shit.

21 minutes ago, redrider144 said:
1 hour ago, indy rider said:

Did you call bs on AP for being a paid spokesperson?

Edited 5 minutes ago by redrider144

No, I just used him as proof you're statement that "Nobody gushes over the blue 450" was incorrect. 

You're not moving the goalposts, you're aiming at the goalposts on a different field. If you want to argue, at least try harder than that. 

Edited by indy rider
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, indy rider said:

No, I just used him as proof you're statement that "Nobody gushes over the blue 450" was incorrect. 

You found one guy LOL.  And by your own definition, he would be in the category of "paid spokesperson."

Yeah you really dunked on me so hard bro!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, redrider144 said:

I don't see you guys tripping over yourselves to call your shot on Ferrandis.

4 hours ago, Chaconne said:

@redrider144 just likes to stir the pot. Until he comes out and picks a finish for Barcia all else is just a fart in the wind. I think it will be very difficult for Barcia and DF to finish top 10. AP will be lucky to get 12th unless he has gone on a Webb like training program --just healthy ain't enough.

CW ET MM KR JA ZO AC MS CS JB DF gets JB and DF 10th and 11th without sleepers or unexpecteds.

You need glasses Bro. DF == Ferrandis

Edited by Chaconne

1 minute ago, Chaconne said:

You need glasses Bro. DF == Ferrandis

LOL you're really going out on a limb there predicting 11th for Ferrandis.

• Haha 1