Creeature

Yamaha = wide body

1 hour ago, mxaniac said:

I was supposed to have some friends with a 21 YZ250 and a 21 YZ450 show up at my house today but plans changed.

Couldn’t fit them through the door, huh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Couldn’t fit them through the door, huh?

Just the 450, star racing immediately came and removed the OEM crate which the factory team required and it fit fine.

2 hours ago, Hans Schmid said:

Just curious, but does anyone on this thread actually own a current Yamaha, or one of the previous models?

You're actually expecting factual input?   🤣

• Haha 2

I love my light - skinny white 2007.   2010 plus are a bit top heavy and wide.... but we have some riding buddies who love them and haul butt on them.

52FE9873-710E-4927-B4C4-F92BF77D9341.jpeg

6 hours ago, Hans Schmid said:

Just curious, but does anyone on this thread actually own a current Yamaha, or one of the previous models?

Yes and I have had good success with the bike in MX. Keep in mind that my only comment was on Richard Simmons dressed in orange (that’s funny as hell!) I have no complaints about my YZ450F or my son’s YZ250F. I’ll leave the criticism to those who don’t race and who have never ridden a YZ. They seem to know a lot more about it than I ever will. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hans Schmid said:

I looked long and hard at the 250 FX.  The bike feels very tall which was a huge negative and have thought the bit wider mis section exacerbated the height issue.  I would hate the 3250 in the desert and I would hate the 450 in my woods.  Once again I wish the FX had a middle entry.  I also felt I could not work on it.  

1 hour ago, Ossidog said:

I looked long and hard at the 250 FX.  The bike feels very tall which was a huge negative and have thought the bit wider mis section exacerbated the height issue.  I would hate the 3250 in the desert and I would hate the 450 in my woods.  Once again I wish the FX had a middle entry.  I also felt I could not work on it.  

And this is a guy who supposedly loves Yamaha and hates KTM.....   When I met Ossi he and most of his buddies rode blue, guess what they all ride now..... 

10 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

And this is a guy who supposedly loves Yamaha and hates KTM.....   When I met Ossi he and most of his buddies rode blue, guess what they all ride now..... 

People add bikes of different brands to their collections at different times. Red is all about KTM but bought Yam this year. I have been riding Yams recently but sold my older yzfs and bought KTM last year. I like the KTM a lot but am thinking about another blu 250.

• Like 1

I thought about a yz125 but could not bring myself to buy a new 15 year old bike ,even though it's a good bike , it's nearly as old as my son 

On 1/9/2021 at 10:02 PM, Into the sunset said:

Yes and I have had good success with the bike in MX. Keep in mind that my only comment was on Richard Simmons dressed in orange (that’s funny as hell!) I have no complaints about my YZ450F or my son’s YZ250F. I’ll leave the criticism to those who don’t race and who have never ridden a YZ. They seem to know a lot more about it than I ever will. 

As a Yamaha fan, I get what you are saying but you simply cannot sit there and say that the bikes don't feel big/wide. You just can't (unless you are guilty of what you accusing others of, by not having tried a KTM or something slimmer). It might not be a deal breaker, as the bikes are still very good, but some criticisms are warranted. 

20 hours ago, mog said:

I thought about a yz125 but could not bring myself to buy a new 15 year old bike ,even though it's a good bike , it's nearly as old as my son 

Should've. I think with a few mods and some time on it, you'd be surprised how much you'd like it. I think how it looks on paper vs the reality are 2 different things. The rideability / recovery of that motor, how freely it spins etc, it's really fun and effective. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ah665 said:

As a Yamaha fan, I get what you are saying but you simply cannot sit there and say that the bikes don't feel big/wide. You just can't (unless you are guilty of what you accusing others of, by not having tried a KTM or something slimmer). It might not be a deal breaker, as the bikes are still very good, but some criticisms are warranted. 

Should've. I think with a few mods and some time on it, you'd be surprised how much you'd like it. I think how it looks on paper vs the reality are 2 different things. The rideability / recovery of that motor, how freely it spins etc, it's really fun and effective. 

I've rode many including fast 144s 

It's a great bike ,ahead if it's time 

But it's showing its age for a expensive bike ,the KTM you can tune with the pv ,you can't on the yam 

In the UK it's the same price as a gas gas ,and the gas gas they say is better than the KTM due to suspension and clamps

Fair point. For what it's worth, I like the standard modded 125 better than the Athena kitted 144 I rode a few years back.

But anyways, as far as the Gasgas I think it is also a good choice. I personally don't think the adjustable PV matters much on the 125. I didn't think it really changed the characteristics of the 250 that much (which I think on that bike it is more important to tame the hit), but just my opinion. Plus, I think the YZ power comes on exactly how I want it to, you just have to shift a little more often than a KTM, up top. But you maybe make up for that with easier riding coming out of corners or hitting jumps directly out of corners. But the GG should be a nice pick-up. I hope to try my friend's this spring. And my other friend that just got the 150SX, so looks like I am out-gunned on the small bores by some of my buddies lol. 

• Like 1