Creeature

Yamaha = wide body

1 hour ago, ah665 said:

I think it's reasonable to speculate that there is some e-development going on behinds the scenes, so that could slow progress of the gas bikes. That and just the sport/market in a bit of a valley, in some ways. 

It's not all "behind the scenes" 

Honda showed off their prototype in 2019 and there are videos of them riding it on YouTube 

https://dirtbikemagazine.com/honda-cr-e-electric-prototype-see-it-in-action/

spacer.png 

33 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

I have a solution that I am trying to patent 

spacer.png

That's much better than my idea.  I was just going to suggest letting a women ride on the back blabbing the whole time.

5 hours ago, ah665 said:

I think it's reasonable to speculate that there is some e-development going on behinds the scenes, so that could slow progress of the gas bikes. That and just the sport/market in a bit of a valley, in some ways. 

I agree with this.  I think a lot of the development is being pushed towards motocrossers with electric engines.  Shorter run times are okay in an MX application compared to general off road or trail riding.

I don't think Yamaha will come out with a different frame/engine strategy in their 250/450.  What we've got now is what will be there until the battery capacity is where they want it for an electric MX bike.  Yamaha will keep prototyping with the trials bike to get the controller and other electrical bits down which from my understanding is the hardest part.  And once they feel they have an acceptable power density/battery/weight for the application we will see a YZe.  I think they should be doing what KTM is and starting out with electric "50s" right the F now...

https://www.cyclenews.com/2018/10/article/yamaha-ty-e-prototype-first-impression/

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, eastreich said:

once they feel they have an acceptable power density/battery/weight for the application we will see a YZe

And that’s when they Introduce Bob and his lightning bolts 

C3E102ED-5F8A-441B-B7A5-C8A2653696FC.jpeg.2e60f8a3e3880ccd0d54434e438b9b23.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1