Cape fear Sunday Jan 10

Hey guys.   I know this is last minute but I'm going to check out cape fear tomorrow.   If anyone wants to join, awesome.   

I go to Cape for all the time. It's about 30 minutes down the road from my house. I have plans tomorrow but anytime you want to go hit me up. Send me a PM

• Like 1

The only thing is, it might be a little wet at cape fear this weekend. There's been a lot of rain around here 

4 minutes ago, MXBandit39 said:

The only thing is, it might be a little wet at cape fear this weekend. There's been a lot of rain around here 

Right.   But the terrain looks to be sand.  I figured aside from the puddle areas,  great traction for sand..no?  

What time do you plan to start riding? I need to do some test and tune and thought about going to CF tomorrow.  Just put a new clutch in and have to tune the Recluse. 
The park will be fine on a bike. Stay up top away from the river and there is plenty of trails to ride without mud bogging your bike

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dbnicely said:

What time do you plan to start riding? I need to do some test and tune and thought about going to CF tomorrow.  Just put a new clutch in and have to tune the Recluse. 
The park will be fine on a bike. Stay up top away from the river and there is plenty of trails to ride without mud bogging your bike

I plan on getting there around 10:30am.  I'll pm you my number if you want to meet up.  

47 minutes ago, NJZoltan said:

I plan on getting there around 10:30am.  I'll pm you my number if you want to meet up.  

@Dbnicely will show you the good single track.  Theres some good stuff but need to know where to look. Others are supposed to ride there too.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 4:26 PM, NJZoltan said:

Hey guys.   I know this is last minute but I'm going to check out cape fear tomorrow.   If anyone wants to join, awesome.   

I think we saw you out there. 

13 minutes ago, iHaveGirlParts said:

I think we saw you out there. 

Probably.   I saw about 3-4 guys riding trails.  I couldn't piece it all together.  I jumped in after a group in 1 section...Were you guys riding KTMs?  One had blue number plate  background

Just now, NJZoltan said:

Probably.   I saw about 3-4 guys riding trails.  I couldn't piece it all together.  I jumped in after a group in 1 section...Were you guys riding KTMs?  One had blue number plate  background

That was us. Could have jumped in with us, we were showing somebody else around as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iHaveGirlParts said:

That was us. Could have jumped in with us, we were showing somebody else around as well. 

Gotcha.   I didn't want to impose.  Next time, I will definitely jump in.  How many miles is the loop you guys rode?  

Edited by NJZoltan
Typo

On 1/13/2021 at 7:58 PM, NJZoltan said:

Gotcha.   I didn't want to impose.  Next time, I will definitely jump in.  How many miles is the loop you guys rode?  

We cut out a lot under water, probably still got 5 or 6 really nice miles in. We're going to ncmp Sunday if you want to go. Let me know so we can swap numbers. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 4:26 PM, NJZoltan said:

Hi I rode it today and it was pretty good. Had some large water holes but overall it was in good shape. The single track was mostly hard packed. Enjoy 

41 minutes ago, bagman2 said:

Hi I rode it today and it was pretty good. Had some large water holes but overall it was in good shape. The single track was mostly hard packed. Enjoy 

Most of us were there today. It season much better shape than last week

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bagman2 said:

I believe I saw you on that red xtrainer with some ktm guys. Dang, we could have rode some with y'all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edgecombe said:

I believe I saw you on that red xtrainer with some ktm guys. Dang, we could have rode some with y'all. 

That was me. I saw you a couple of times. That's sucks we did not ride together. Next time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bagman2 said:

That was me. I saw you a couple of times. That's sucks we did not ride together. Next time. 

Hell yeah. Yall ever ride anywhere else or is Cape fear yalls go to spot?

11 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

Hell yeah. Yall ever ride anywhere else or is Cape fear yalls go to spot?

I live in Charlotte yesterday was my first time riding Cape fear. I ride Enoree SC, Brown mtn, Lost Valley and some at Brushy mtn. Im trying to find single track closer to Charlotte. Cape fear was alot of fun. I dont get to ride in sand much