Looking for someone to ride with

Hey everyone names Stephen Im new to the forum but not to riding. Been riding off and on since 2002. Have had several bikes over the years and am trying to get back into riding. Im no vet rider but Im also not a beginner. Im in my 30s and am not as good as I once was but I miss the ride. I picked up a 2004 YZ250 a year ago and went through the bike and have it set for trail and single track riding. I have taken the bike out a couple times at my parents ranch but its the same trails and I really want to get out and go ride with some people. I live in Santa Maria closest trails to me is Rock Front Ranch, Miranda Pines, Oceano Dunes, and Ballinger Canyon. I know with Covid going on that might impact riding spots but the weather is really nice right now and is perfect for riding. Anyone interested in meeting up to go ride?

What is Miranda pines like? is there any single track or is it just forest roads? I know some trails got closed in that area several years ago and 10 or more years later are still posted as temporary closed. Been to Rock Front and that's pretty limited, Ballenger can be fun but it's a two hour drive for me.

Miranda pines is close to Colson Canyon or maybe was a part of it mostly fire roads. I think Colson’s was closed from that rock slide. Don't know if it ever got reopened. Rock front used to have a bunch of trails but I had heard that some of the trails had gotten closed. I was talking with a friend of my wife's and she said there are some trails out near the vineyards south of Orcutt? I have heard there are some good trails down near lake Casitas? 

I'm in Santa Maria, been riding locally for 25+ years, active member of the CCMA. Unfortunately, I'm still not physically able to ride after another spinal surgery... still have all my bikes though! If you want more info on where to ride, need some help with your bike, or just want to come over and b.s. about motorcycles, feel free to message me.

6 minutes ago, TheLetterJ said:

I'm in Santa Maria, been riding locally for 25+ years, active member of the CCMA. Unfortunately, I'm still not physically able to ride after another spinal surgery... still have all my bikes though! If you want more info on where to ride, need some help with your bike, or just want to come over and b.s. about motorcycles, feel free to message me.

Ouch!

Heal up buddy. 

34 minutes ago, Eazyrider805 said:

Thanks for the info. I went on CCMA’s website and not sure who to get in touch with or how to get involved other than volunteering. I will check out the 805 MX riders on facebook thanks for the tip. 

http://pozoriders.com/

On the welcome page there are two contacts under volunteer, looks like covid has curtailed meeting and rides 

I appreciate the kind words Slippy. I made a contact in Santa Barbara through a craigslist ad for a bike for sale. Found a super clean 2005 KTM 400 exc so I can get into the dual sport scene. Seemed like a good dude and informed me of some good trails in SB. Plan on joining CDSR once the deal is finalized. That will open up a ton of different avenues.