Thumpstar 125 big bore

6 hours ago, Randy K said:

broken right side case is generally from kicking the bike over and have kickback. kickback is caused from not getting through the power stroke completely causing recoil and that is how you break the cases. i have a 2013 ssr 160 tr and never broke the case so im thinking it was user error. common on these bike cause people dont know how to properly get on the compression stroke. and to be real with you... you dont need to give the original poster a rude post on this thread, he came for help, not to have you come in and make him feal like he bought a bad bike. with kids i would of thought your mom would of told you to not say anything at all if your going to be negative.poor manners and trolling on the internet... seems your parents didnt raise you right

Oh yah, There not junk at all, my bad. 
and you haven’t been on TT even a year. But you call me a troll and I’m not trying to convince anyone to spend there hard earned cash on junk. You should be ashamed of yourself. Sad for you. 

Edited by adnohguy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Randy K said:

broken right side case is generally from kicking the bike over and have kickback. kickback is caused from not getting through the power stroke completely causing recoil and that is how you break the cases. i have a 2013 ssr 160 tr and never broke the case so im thinking it was user error. common on these bike cause people dont know how to properly get on the compression stroke. and to be real with you... you dont need to give the original poster a rude post on this thread, he came for help, not to have you come in and make him feal like he bought a bad bike. with kids i would of thought your mom would of told you to not say anything at all if your going to be negative.poor manners and trolling on the internet... seems your parents didnt raise you right

You do know that you are busy trying to dis on guys who have been shop owners and pro engine builders their whole lives.... Many pro riders on pro podiums in all sorts of off road racing...fact

You could spend the rest of your days and never share as much info or help as many as we have... 

But... We try to save people from investing time and money in junk, if at all possible...

You keep right on dispensing your priceless advice like polishing intake ports... And explaining how to start a bike... You should write a book 👍

5 hours ago, Randy K said:

if you would recommend you contact tboltusa via email or there phone on there website and they can recommend a piston and cylinder jug for your motor to get more power. dont let these trolls discern you from doing what you originally intended, there just hear to troll and be rude without giving any help. hope you have fun on that thumpstar bud

No worries. Thanks for the help!
I do think it’s funny how people love to flame posts for no good reason. I would implore you other fellas on here to offer solutions to the question that’s asked instead flaming whatever you can. I would love to say I’d come back here for advice but it’s probably not worth it due to everyone just wanting to get into a pissing match about why you shouldn’t buy Chinese blah blah blah. 
I like the chassis on the thump. I actually like it much better than my Ttr’s so I’m wanting to give this bike a go. By the way fellas. This section of thumpertalk is specific to Chinese bikes. If you don’t like the Chinese bikes maybe just stay out of this section?

Fair enough....

But... "Chinese bike section" and "solid advice" are actually mutually exclusive terms...

That's like walking into a day care and asking someone to help you out with calculus.... Wrong audience....

But you are right....

As far as trying to save people from inferior materials and manufacturing goes... Nobody is making you buy them, so I guess the old phrase :

"You can't rape the willing"

does apply...

all apologies...

carry on with no more interruptions...

The knowledge will surely flow like a waterfall as soon as Adnohguy and I leave.... Grab a lifejacket before it's too late!!

• Helpful 1

41 minutes ago, mixxer said:

Fair enough....

But... "Chinese bike section" and "solid advice" are actually mutually exclusive terms...

That's like walking into a day care and asking someone to help you out with calculus.... Wrong audience....

But you are right....

As far as trying to save people from inferior materials and manufacturing goes... Nobody is making you buy them, so I guess the old phrase :

"You can't rape the willing"

does apply...

all apologies...

carry on with no more interruptions...

The knowledge will surely flow like a waterfall as soon as Adnohguy and I leave.... Grab a lifejacket before it's too late!!

Alright then let me ask you this. 
I like the chassis on this bike and I want to give it a go. What engine is the best that you would recommend putting in this chassis? 
I bleed blue all day but the yami ttr’s do not have a great chassis compared to thumps. The engine may be better but I don’t know this yet as the thumps only have 20-40 min on them so far. 

1 hour ago, Joel Bennett said:

No worries. Thanks for the help!
I do think it’s funny how people love to flame posts for no good reason. I would implore you other fellas on here to offer solutions to the question that’s asked instead flaming whatever you can. I would love to say I’d come back here for advice but it’s probably not worth it due to everyone just wanting to get into a pissing match about why you shouldn’t buy Chinese blah blah blah. 
I like the chassis on the thump. I actually like it much better than my Ttr’s so I’m wanting to give this bike a go. By the way fellas. This section of thumpertalk is specific to Chinese bikes. If you don’t like the Chinese bikes maybe just stay out of this section?

sorry for the poor community members giving you poor advice or there inability to to help a not give people shit for helping you, most people on here are decent people.. its just the few problem kids that like to stir people up cause they got nothing better to do. Have fun on that thumpstar and if ever need advice direct message me on TT and i would be more then willing to help out man.

2 hours ago, adnohguy said:

Oh yah, There not junk at all, my bad. 
and you haven’t been on TT even a year. But you call me a troll and I’m not trying to convince anyone to spend there hard earned cash on junk. You should be ashamed of yourself. Sad for you. 

this kinda behavior is why people start to avoid this site. you need therapy man

2 hours ago, mixxer said:

You do know that you are busy trying to dis on guys who have been shop owners and pro engine builders their whole lives.... Many pro riders on pro podiums in all sorts of off road racing...fact

You could spend the rest of your days and never share as much info or help as many as we have... 

But... We try to save people from investing time and money in junk, if at all possible...

You keep right on dispensing your priceless advice like polishing intake ports... And explaining how to start a bike... You should write a book 👍

does not excuse there behavior and there inability to help. just sad that a shop owner would be so unhelpful and just plain uncivilized, bet if people saw how he treated people on here they would take there business somewhere else to avoid his toxic and childish behavior

10 minutes ago, Randy K said:

this kinda behavior is why people start to avoid this site. you need therapy man

You  sure that’s the only reason that they are starting to avoid it.... makes you Wonder I bet. 

1 minute ago, adnohguy said:

You  sure that’s the only reason that they are starting to avoid it.... makes you Wonder I bet. 

99% sure people like you need a ban and need to think about there actions. would love to help people but people like you ruin it for the others, it will catch up with you one of these days

Just now, Randy K said:

99% sure people like you need a ban and need to think about there actions. would love to help people but people like you ruin it for the others, it will catch up with you one of these days

I’m not running from a snow flake. How long you been on here again? 

Randy ... Since you are new to this site .... And apparently new to everything given your extreme lack of knowledge... You are actually no one to be making judgements of what longtime members do know and what they have actually contributed...

You are the idiot popping into threads and handing out half baked incorrect info as though you are a guru of wisdom...

The problem with "vision" is that some people know so little that they believe that all they know is actually all there is to know... Gaining a little bit of knowledge soon should humble someone by opening up the big view that there is so very much to know on a topic of dirt bikes that includes physics/ engineering/ materials and lots of time and experience.... Well beyond saying to polish an intake port for chrissake... Randy is one of those who knows so little, that he is not even cognizant that there is more to know...

And he has chosen to argue with lifelong performance shop owners... Professionals with decades of dedication and experience... That alone should tell you all you need to know about Randy...

The illogical posses superhuman powers in the the art of argument... Since their very nature makes them immune to the sting of logic, they can carry on the fight long after the reasoning man would have succumbed.... 

Or more simply put, you can't win an argument with an idiot because they don't know enough of the material to know when they are wrong...

ThumperTalk should ban people who give out incorrect info as though it's fact... Good way to weed out the porting experts who polish intake tracts...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mixxer said:

Randy ... Since you are new to this site .... And apparently new to everything given your extreme lack of knowledge... You are actually no one to be making judgements of what longtime members do know and what they have actually contributed...

You are the idiot popping into threads and handing out half baked incorrect info as though you are a guru of wisdom...

The problem with "vision" is that some people know so little that they believe that all they know is actually all there is to know... Gaining a little bit of knowledge soon should humble someone by opening up the big view that there is so very much to know on a topic of dirt bikes that includes physics/ engineering/ materials and lots of time and experience.... Well beyond saying to polish an intake port for chrissake... Randy is one of those who knows so little, that he is not even cognizant that there is more to know...

And he has chosen to argue with lifelong performance shop owners... Professionals with decades of dedication and experience... That alone should tell you all you need to know about Randy...

The illogical posses superhuman powers in the the art of argument... Since their very nature makes them immune to the sting of logic, they can carry on the fight long after the reasoning man would have succumbed.... 

Or more simply put, you can't win an argument with an idiot because they don't know enough of the material to know when they are wrong...

ThumperTalk should ban people who give out incorrect info as though it's fact... Good way to weed out the porting experts who polish intake tracts...

Im going off the motorcycle mechanic of 38 years teaching he has taught me. So in my eye your wrong. Have a wonderful day as i have seen a intake finish is a hottly debated topic but will continue to listen to him as he has experience and dyno sheets showing differences in intake port finishes

• Sad 1