Jump to content
KTMRider4Life

supercross Supercross 5 Days Away!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

That season JA was as fast as anyone, and he took a lot of risks, his riding was exciting to watch. I'm really surprised he was not one of your favorite riders to watch during that time, dude left it all on the table and had some sketchy moments, you usually eat that shit up. 

Cannot argue a word of that and he rode really well, just found him hard to like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am totally stuck on picking a winner for RD1... It can be 6 different dudes.  Basing things off starts, I think Webb, AC9- KR94 are going to get out front, and I think of this group, KR94 is the fastest guy on the track in the first few laps and Webb being the best closer. If ET1, DF14 or JA21 gets a great start they could be in there as well. I don't see MM25, CS23, ZO16, JB51, MS27 winning it.

Keep in mind, DF14 is faster than AC9 and CS23,,,.  His position in SX will be very telling on how good the Yamaha really is.

Edited by KABLEXXL Biden 2021
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KABLEXXL Biden 2021 said:

Of the other riders, fighting for 10-15th, DW15, JB10, the macral, JS17, BT20, BB37, MD36, MA34 AP7  who in the heck knows.

Yea man. It's going to be next to impossible to pick the top 10 correctly these first couple rounds. The field is deeeeeepppppp. 

Still dont get it when I hear people say "I miss the days of the Ryan's or RC etc, when real greats were still riding". What fun is it knowing who is going to win the championship every year?

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

That season JA was as fast as anyone, and he took a lot of risks, his riding was exciting to watch. I'm really surprised he was not one of your favorite riders to watch during that time, dude left it all on the table and had some sketchy moments, you usually eat that shit up. 

You must have watched a different season than I.  Tomac won as many races as everyone else combined, but got hurt at A1 and had his bike demolished in the first turn in another race.  Anderson did well and finished on the podium almost every night, he deserves the championship.  Marvin and Eli were much faster though.  Well, faster when they kept the wheels on the ground.  I can't really fault Eli when he was taken out on the start though.  Marvin's crash early on took him out of contention but he was very fast that year.

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

You must have watched a different season than I.  Tomac won as many races as everyone else combined, but got hurt at A1 and had his bike demolished in the first turn in another race.  Anderson did well and finished on the podium almost every night, he deserves the championship.  Marvin and Eli were much faster though.  Well, faster when they kept the wheels on the ground.  I can't really fault Eli when he was taken out on the start though.  Marvin's crash early on took him out of contention but he was very fast that year.

Eli should';ve gotten a better start.....  Hard to be taken out when you're out front,  get shitty starts, get taken out....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Eli should';ve gotten a better start.....  Hard to be taken out when you're out front,  get shitty starts, get taken out....

I know you're just stirring up shit but think about it, by your definition 21 guys get shitty starts and 1 guy gets a good start?  Secondly, it's very very easy to be taken out when you're in front.  If you have no intention of making a corner, you can easily take the guy out in front of you.  We've seen than many times.  Christian Craig has been taken out like that.  I've been on the ground many times from that.  I can also tell you, don't ask me how I know this, that it's a bad idea to grab a holeshot and crash coming out of the first turn as being run over once is bad but 15 times is much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally for SX I'm excited for the first few rounds and it kind of wears off for me. I watch them all, don't get me wrong, but I like MX way better. BUT, I'm really excited for this season. So much talent, so many guys can win a race, so many variables for who will win the championship, I haven't been this excited for a SX season since their wheels used to on the ground slightly more than in the air. 😁 For those of you guys that do fantasy leagues...Good luck! I don't know how the heck you pick from this pool of riders?

I'm pulling for Kenny because I want to see him get one before he bows out. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mxaniac said:

I know you're just stirring up shit but think about it, by your definition 21 guys get shitty starts and 1 guy gets a good start?  Secondly, it's very very easy to be taken out when you're in front.  If you have no intention of making a corner, you can easily take the guy out in front of you.  We've seen than many times.  Christian Craig has been taken out like that.  I've been on the ground many times from that.  I can also tell you, don't ask me how I know this, that it's a bad idea to grab a holeshot and crash coming out of the first turn as being run over once is bad but 15 times is much worse.

I'm the one trying to stir shit up? Brocheesey, you're trying to make an argument that it's safer to not start out front..... That my friend is nuts, plain and simply nuts. Can something bad happen, sure, is it as likely, not even fuckin close dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mongo134 said:

At some point, a top guy or two will get tested positive for Corona and have to quarantine for two weeks thusly missing 4-6 races.  That's what I think. 

For sure. 

Teams will split up their riders into smaller groups that will function as separate teams if one has a positive team member it doesn't take out the entire team.  If one of their core group (mechanic, girlfriend...etc) tests positive, the whole group have to quarantine for a certain numbers of days. 

Guys like DF, Amart and Tickle that have already had Covid aren't required to be tested as long as the test is within 90 day of their infection. What I don't know is if Amart has to sit out if his mechanic fails a test? Guessing no if they are under the assumption they can't contract it again for at least 90 days.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KABLEXXL Biden 2021 said:

I am totally stuck on picking a winner for RD1... It can be 6 different dudes.  Basing things off starts, I think Webb, AC9- KR94 are going to get out front, and I think of this group, KR94 is the fastest guy on the track in the first few laps and Webb being the best closer. If ET1, DF14 or JA21 gets a great start they could be in there as well. I don't see MM25, CS23, ZO16, JB51, MS27 winning it.

Keep in mind, DF14 is faster than AC9 and CS23,,,.  His position in SX will be very telling on how good the Yamaha really is.

AP was on Pulp yesterday and he went way out on a limb. Several times he said the Star 450's are awesome, that he's 100% for the first time since his rookie year and that he the and the other guys on blue will be shocking people.

Yea...I'm not saying he will or won't, just passing along the info.

Edited by indy rider
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, indy rider said:

For sure. 

Teams will split up their riders into smaller groups that will function as separate teams if one has a positive team member it doesn't take out the entire team.  If one of their core group (mechanic, girlfriend...etc) tests positive, the whole group have to quarantine for a certain numbers of days. 

Guys like DF, Amart and Tickle that have already had Covid aren't required to be tested as long as the test is within 90 day of their infection. What I don't know is if Amart has to sit out if his mechanic fails a test? Guessing no if they are under the assumption they can't contract it again for at least 90 days.

If I was racing and if my mechanic tests positive and I tested clean, no reason to keep me off the gate. Just get me a fill in mechanic. Last I checked, dirt bikes don't transmit Covid.

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I'm the one trying to stir shit up? Brocheesey, you're trying to make an argument that it's safer to not start out front..... That my friend is nuts, plain and simply nuts. Can something bad happen, sure, is it as likely, not even &%$#@!in close dude. 

No, that's not my argument at all.  Your argument is if you get taken out on the start you're shitty, and it's your fault, because all you had to do was holeshot.  My point is that even if you do holeshot, someone can take you out.  At times other's actions are no reflection on your own.  Regardless of what you do, you will always be vulnerable to someone else's lapse in judgement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, indy rider said:

AP was on Pulp yesterday and he went way out on a limb. Several times he said the Star 450's are awesome, that he's 100% for the first time since his rookie year and that he the and the other guys will be shocking people.

Yea...I'm not saying he will or won't, just passing along the info.

Star did turn the 250 around. But I would give it 1-2 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

 

No, that's not my argument at all.  Your argument is if you get taken out on the start you're shitty, and it's your fault, because all you had to do was holeshot.  My point is that even if you do holeshot, someone can take you out.  At times other's actions are no reflection on your own.  Regardless of what you do, you will always be vulnerable to someone else's lapse in judgement.

Take your shit mixer somewhere else man. Getting shitty starts is a recipe for having trouble. Getting good starts is a recipe for things going well. Had Tomac got the holeshot that night he wouldn't have had trouble, point proven... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

If I was racing and if my mechanic tests positive and I tested clean, no reason to keep me off the gate. Just get me a fill in mechanic. Last I checked, dirt bikes don't transmit Covid.

Personal opinion really doesn't matter, rules have been implemented and are being enforced. Pretty sure it's the same rules they had in place at SLC 2020. Guess they can chose to not patriciate.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...