KTMRider4Life

supercross Supercross 5 Days Away!

48 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Huh.  Barcia finishing top 5 is not struggling hard one of his best career finishes in SX. He finished fifth overall just barely losing 4th to JA at the end. Struggling hard is you trying to convince your imaginary girlfriend to have sex with you.:busted:

Everyone is saying Barcia looks happy (and I agree) but someone reported this week that he wasn't looking that impressive at the practice track. I wish I could remember who else was on the track with him but that was how they gauges his speed or lack the of.

I did see that Chad Reed was practicing SX this week (on a pumpkin). Starts and all. 

5 hours ago, Chaconne said:

Could you post your top 10 one more time? I didn't forget I must have missed it.

Never posted a top 10.  I said Barcia will finish ahead of Anderson if they’re both healthy and ride every round. 

you keep wanting to pin down Barcia as being top 3 or something because of where he finished in other seasons with other riders. I think there’s a couple new guys who could shake things up. I wouldn’t be surprised if the top 5 were cooper, Tomac, AC, Sexton, Marvin in no particular order. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

3 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

These interviews are mundane. Blah, blah, blah..... 

I thought it was very interesting when STAR basically said Yamaha changed too much on the bike and they needed to ride it closer to stock as designed in Japan.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chaconne said:

Huh.  Barcia finishing top 5 is not struggling hard one of his best career finishes in SX. He finished fifth overall just barely losing 4th to JA at the end. Struggling hard is you trying to convince your imaginary girlfriend to have sex with you.:busted:

What happens when his airshock blows?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, indy rider said:

Everyone is saying Barcia looks happy (and I agree) but someone reported this week that he wasn't looking that impressive at the practice track. I wish I could remember who else was on the track with him but that was how they gauges his speed or lack the of.

I did see that Chad Reed was practicing SX this week (on a pumpkin). Starts and all. 

Interesting you say that, RV said on Matthes podcast (I don't remember the exact words) that he expected Barcia to make significant improvement this year. RV being literally a paid Yamaha spokesperson I found that quite telling. Ryan was a few drinks deep BTW. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Chaconne said:

Huh.  Barcia finishing top 5 is not struggling hard one of his best career finishes in SX. He finished fifth overall just barely losing 4th to JA at the end.

Let's see.  He started the season with a win and a 2nd place....then 9th at A2.  Only 1 more podium for the rest of the season, Barcia himself said A2 was where his struggles began.  His best finish in SLC was 8th.

But um yeah, anyhow, continue with your "I'm just gonna blanket disagree with whatever Red posts" system.  It's working well for you so far.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mxaniac said:

thought it was very interesting when STAR basically said Yamaha changed too much on the bike and they needed to ride it closer to stock as designed in Japan.

Yes, like @Mongo134 was saying, Barcia already alluded to this.  He described starting over with a stock bike and working from there, piece by piece.

Webb had also talked about wanting to race the stock based bike in 2018, and the team shut him down.  The team blamed Japan but I think we all know that was a smokescreen.  The reality is, that team had dysfunctional management with a "we know best" mentality.  They built what they decided was a factory race bike, and forced it on Webb, Reed, Barcia, AP.  

Most people dismissed Reed's displeasure as Reed just being whiny.  I think history tells us now that he was right.  Especially since it's not just Reed.  Webb, AP, Barcia have all been saying the same thing, in different ways.  The point being the US factory bike that the team forced on the riders was crap.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 2

Just now, redrider144 said:

Yes, like @Mongo134 was saying, Barcia already alluded to this.  He described starting over with a stock bike and working from there, piece by piece.

Yea....when winning on the hard pack Cali tracks he was the the genius behind the testing success. But when things took a turn for the worse on the hard pack SLC tracks and the wins stopped and he started sucking big ones, it was back to blaming the bike.

• Helpful 1

10 hours ago, indy rider said:

Ah, the old "someone told me X" game.  But I know how that happens.  PulpMX is 4 to 5 hours, no searchable transcript afterwards to my knowledge.  You know you heard something, but you can't remember when, and no effin way you're gonna spend another 5 hrs on it.

5 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Yea....when winning on the hard pack Cali tracks he was the the genius behind the testing success. But when things took a turn for the worse on the hard pack SLC tracks and the wins stopped and he started sucking big ones, it was back to blaming the bike.

Yes.  And as long as you ignore what Webb did after leaving, it's easy to conclude that these are just whiny riders & the bike was totally fine.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Ah, the old "someone told me X" game.  But I know how that happens.  PulpMX is 4 to 5 hours, no searchable transcript afterwards to my knowledge.  You know you heard something, but you can't remember when, and no effin way you're gonna spend another 5 hrs on it.

No...it was Jason Thomas that said it. He was clear about it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Yes.  And as long as you ignore what Webb did after leaving, it's easy to conclude that these are just whiny riders & the bike was totally fine.

No just proving what Barcia says doesn't mean shit.

You koolaide clowns like to ignore Webbs own statements that"he was lazy and didn't take training seriously while at Yamaha". But yea, it's the bike. Just like it was the bike when Webble wobble wrecked himself out of the '19 nationals or when he wrecked on the dragon's back and missed the 2020 outdoors. He has only completed one of the three series since since his championship. Wow...so much success. I doubt he can handle it. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

17 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

This has nothing to do with Webb.

Barcia's a headcase. He was kicking ass on the Cali hard pack tracks, over and over claiming he figured the bike out via excessive amounts of testing. But then later on when, when he sucked ass on SLC's hard pack tracks he was immediately back blaming the bike.

34 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

While I think that the KTM brands are better bikes, I also think that part of the issue is one factory willing to hear the rider, and the other too proud and stubborn.  It messes with the head and confidence when feeling that your team doesn't have your back.

Edited by Johnny Whitey
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

35 minutes ago, indy rider said:

No...it was Jason Thomas that said it. He was clear about it. 

Cool.  It's good to have a name instead of "someone."  Obviously I know you weren't making it up.