I’m in a pickle, I’m getting my plastics and tank repainted for my Suzuki GS250T, but my uncle who is painting the parts can’t do the pinstripes, so is it possible to take the pinstripes off the old plastics and reuse it. I can find them for the tank and the right side plastic tape set. It’s no longer available at the parts stores. Also does anyone know how accurate the paint color sensitive camera is that they use to find the paint color ?

Edited by Mr.Vroom

I have used a heat gun to lift larger decals off of dirt bike fenders and then re-apply them. When my son got his 65 with a clutch he used to go through rear fenders regularly. With your old street bike I doubt it would work. Perhaps you could take photos of the pin striping and have another painter paint the stripes on after your uncle paints the parts. 

Yeah it probably won’t work, I had figured if the other sets are out there I could just wait and see. I’m also having the same problem with the decals that I bought and applied in March, it turns out I got the very last ones in the us. And because I’m not paying $40 to have them shipped from the Uk I think I’ll get custom ones or do what you said. The only problem with that is where do I place them while it’s getting painted?