What to look for in MRI images for knee issue.

Hi Dr. Mark, 

Just wondering if you might give me some direction and input on what to look for in MRI images regarding a current knee issue ive been having since about June or July of this year.  The L knee joint in the front inside pops, clicks, and feels like the bones are shifting, with every step. Is kind of intermittent some days worse than others but I am usually feeling some sort of movement of the bones. I have limited pain, but a few times over the course of many days it did get quite painful for a while. Im able to ride fine (wrap my needs) and actually feels better after riding, the more I sit around the worse it feels when getting up and walking. Especially getting up off the desk at work.  My ortho Dr. says maybe a torn meniscus.  Waiting on my next appt, just had the MRI last week.  Not trying to self diagnose myself just curious as to what I should look for in the images.  The white in this image stands out so just have to ask if it could mean anything? 

Going to ask Dr. for a prescription for knee braces as part of this whole thing, feel like its a good time to start wearing them at my age (56). Any input on that? My insurance said it covers it other than 15% but the Dr. seamed reluctant about it not sure WHY? Saying insurance would likely not cover it, but I told him i spoke to my insurance and they say they will? 

Quick View - Google Chrome 2021-01-12 15.36.53.jpg

Edited by Bill_B

Did you get a report with the MRI? Did your doctor discuss it with you? Did you have a specific injury or is it wear and tear. I'm not a doctor but if you got a report you can look for words that indicate damage like, avulsed, narrowed space, tear, arthritis etc. I've had MRIs for my back, necks shoulders, knees and ankles. If you get a report you can google terms you don't understand.

I've had both knees scoped, the right knee didn't work out at all and had it replaced in 2018.

Edited by SMarquez

7 hours ago, SMarquez said:

Did you get a report with the MRI? Did your doctor discuss it with you? Did you have a specific injury or is it wear and tear. I'm not a doctor but if you got a report you can look for words that indicate damage like, avulsed, narrowed space, tear, arthritis etc. I've had MRIs for my back, necks shoulders, knees and ankles. If you get a report you can google terms you don't understand.

I've had both knees scoped, the right knee didn't work out at all and had it replaced in 2018.

Yes I did get a the report but when posting this I did not realize the findings were on the website with the images.  So yes I have a general idea of my issues now. I have an appt with my dr on the 26th.  But still wondering if areas In white are areas of injury.  Sure seams like it as the placement looks like we’re I’m feeling the issue and pain. 

• Like 1