Nathan Kruse

Racing a dual sport what tires

it's tough to get dual sport tires to do both dirt and street well. the problem with a good dirt tire with tall knobs is that when you street it at speed the knobs chunk off. I've had my irc m5b look like a slick because the knobs chunked off after a short freeway stint. I'm glad the tire didn't blow

Edited by randysoo

5 minutes ago, randysoo said:

it's tough to get dual sport tires to do both dirt and street well. the problem with a good dirt tire with tall knobs is that when you street it at speed the knobs chunk off. I've had my irc m5b look like a slick because the knobs chunked off after a short freeway stint. I'm glad the tire didn't blow

I had very good luck with Pirelli MT21s on a KTM 690 Enduro R. Bike has BIG torque and I rode it hard. No chunking. Did over a 100mph a couple of times too (in mexico, closed course) and the tire was reasonably planted and wore quite well. To be fair, I aired down in the dirt and for the ride home, I'd bust out my 12v electric pump and boost them to about 25psi. Fits in a tail pack nicely too and is powered off tender leads already on the bike.

image.png

image.png

@Antigravity Batteries

• Like 4