Foresthill - Georgetown Sunday the 17th;

Is anyone going to either riding area where an old Dude can tag along for a 25 to 35 mile ride. 

Not the Spring Chicken anymore, so just looking for a tag along to go riding. 

I am a "B" rider with "C-" stamina, due to not riding near as much as I did back in the day. 

I know both trails systems reasonably well, so if someone in my age group, or stamina group

needs a guide, I'm your "Huckleberry".

Regards,

Michael

Oh ya, still restoring my KTM520EXC, so just riding a "poor mans" Free Ride, an 87 XR200R.

Don't judge, XR400R front end, XR250R rear end, ~ 210lbs, gets around well, really well. 

• Like 2

I am also looking for some seasoned riding partners. Tomorrow is not doable for me, but enjoy sugar pine and George Town   Keep me in mind.  I’m tech ignorant, and do not know how to quietly give you my contact info privately 

Ktm520esc If you could join the ride on 1/18, I think you would find like minded individuals. I'm 61 and love riding with WFbigbob, smokex and the rest of the crew. Different age groups and slightly different skill levels/endurance levels, but there is a lot of patience and understanding. And, if you get too tired and want to bug out, there are bail out points where you can head back to the staging area. You can IM me if you want to just do a ride with me. I'm and intermediate with below average endurance. I had a 84 XR250 back in the day.

GPTempDow.jpg

• Helpful 1

Thanks FastCletus552, will keep you in mind for further ride(s). Thanks anoldrider, I am 58 years young, it's just a number.

PapaH77, I appreciate the invite, whilst you are riding, I will be at work, MLK day is not a day off for me, so you Guys tear

it up and represent the Old Dudes Club !!!

Weather looks excellent, I know, my Father was a Meteorologist at the highest level of Government and taught me a thing

or two, Monday is a winner as well, however watch out for the high winds rolling through. 

Invite is still out there, in case anyone wants to go, if push comes to shove, I will hook up with a person or group at the 

either FH staging area, or China Wall staging area, haven't made up my mind yet. 

Typically I get off at Trail #3 well before the staging area and do a quick loop there, go back to my truck for any adjustments

and do #3, #3-5, #2 and #7 a bit of #1 before I  load up and call it a day. 

Michael 

I'm interested to ride on Sunday! 

I'm pretty new to dirt bike riding though.

• Like 1

Hey Jay Lee,

Where in Nor Cal are you coming from ??? I am from Roseville.

Michael 

Just now, KTM520EXC said:

Hey Jay Lee,

Where in Nor Cal are you coming from ??? I am from Roseville.

Michael 

I'm from yuba city

Nice, Yuba, my camping buddy is from Yuba. That's a tough transport to Foresthill, or Georgetown. 

The best place for you to ride is Burlington Ridge, or Rag Dump, both are epic.

If you are in, I can do a Burlington Ridge ride.

Burlington Ridge is off of Hwy 20, which is where I want to retire, love that route, beautiful. 

Let me know. 

Michael 

7 minutes ago, KTM520EXC said:

Nice, Yuba, my camping buddy is from Yuba. That's a tough transport to Foresthill, or Georgetown. 

The best place for you to ride is Burlington Ridge, or Rag Dump, both are epic.

If you are in, I can do a Burlington Ridge ride.

Burlington Ridge is off of Hwy 20, which is where I want to retire, love that route, beautiful. 

Let me know. 

Michael 

Sounds good!!! 

Let me know the time and the meeting spot

Grass Valley, meeting point is off of Brunswick Road, take the right, go through the first light and you'll see the gas station on the right. 

Be there @ ~11:00am, be aware that Burlington Ridge is @ 5,000 feet, adjust accordingly if you have a 2s, if you have a 4s, more forgiving. 

I have a Silver 04 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab, you'll see me with my lil' XR200R in the back. 

Be prepared for snow, or remnants of, tight and open, good combo of. 

Michael 

Hi all, I typically cannot make it to Sunday rides, but keep posting the rides you are arranging and I will be in.  Am open to a Monday or Tuesday ride this week too.

11 hours ago, Jay Lee said:
Edited by world famous bigbob

2 minutes ago, world famous bigbob said:

Heard great things about Burlington 

Edited by world famous bigbob

Jay rode really well, a lot better for being a beginner than I anticipated.  Well Done Jay. 

Short day unfortunately, we rode 6-6, which is a "long" trail that never seems to end. 

I am guessing the Nevada County riders shut off the more likable trails that flow a lot

easier and mellow than 6-6. 6-6 is a windy and I mean windy trail that is full of switchbacks

that crisscross back and forth almost on the same real estate with only 10 yards apart. 

I would rank 6.-6 as the 3rd toughest trail that I have ridden, #6 Foresthill #1, flume trail

at Georgetown #2, than 6-6 at Burlington Ridge #3. It will beat you up for sure. Jay was

right on my tail 90% of the time and probably a couple of times was waiting for me to 

pick up the pace. With Jay getting the experience of 6-6, he'll better prepared for trail #6

when the time comes. 

Jay you missed the Nevada County policeman coming in and checking green stickers, I've

never seen so many Guys put there bikes in their trucks and trailers in all my years. One

Guy got ticketed, so he'll have to go to a CHP center to show proper registration due to the lack

of a green sticker. I have never seen the police ever check green stickers, just the USFS, so

that is a first for me. 

The Burlington Ridge ride was so I could show Jay that coming from Marysville/Yuba City,

this is the closest place for him to ride. Trails were in excellent condition, not too much mud

minimal dust, stunned we didn't come across any snow as the main staging area is 5,000 ft. 

Best place to ride in the Summer, typically 10 to 20F degrees cooler than the valley depending

on when you go riding. It was 63F when we pulled up, so good riding weather. 

Michael 

• Like 1

Sounds like a great time. Good job Jay. You da man!! 
Am I understanding this correctly? No red sticker bikes allowed?? In this section?  Is it time of year or year round?  

SmokeX,

Red sticker year around, so you are OK. 

Unfortunately the map is not the best for Burlington Ridge. 

It seems it has changed route #'s and colors and what was a dirt bike trail

is might be an equestrian , or hiking trail, so things have changed up quite a bit. 

Warning to anyone who rides there, you share the trails with equestrians, so

be aware, if you come across them, just shut off your motor, as the horses

are used to dirt bikes. Equestrians are not fans of mountain bikers, but totally

understand the dirt bikes and are totally OK with us. 

Michael 

• Helpful 1

Thanks for the tip,

when seeing horses -

1. Shut off bike

2. look to the equestrians to give instructions ?

3. then proceed?