Jr831

2021 500 excf dealer OTD price

Am I getting screwed by the dealer ?  They want 14k out the door for a 2021 500 exc f. I'm in California. That's with a $400 setup and $400 freight charge. 

Just now, E-TECH said:

You’re getting screwed

That's what I figured. Once I get the bike and desmog, get an ecu, fmf, proper dirt tires, and suspension set up for me it's gonna be like a 17k dirtbike. Insane 

1 minute ago, Jr831 said:

That's what I figured. Once I get the bike and desmog, get an ecu, fmf, proper dirt tires, and suspension set up for me it's gonna be like a 17k dirtbike. Insane 

There’s a dealer about three or four hours for me in the state of West Virginia that sells bikes $100 over invoice.

Many I know cross the state line from Virginia and purchase without paying any sales tax also.

Don’t know where you live, but 3 Bros. In SoCal sells their bikes for MSRP plus tax and license.  I have never paid for delivery for set up fees.  

Friend paid 12k for a 2020 up here. I think the price went up when he asked if they had one. "Yeah we have "one".

I'm gonna counter offer for the to take off the 850$ fee of setup and freight to make it around 13k out the door. Sounds alot more reasonable to me.  

25 minutes ago, Jr831 said:

I'm gonna counter offer for the to take off the 850$ fee of setup and freight to make it around 13k out the door. Sounds alot more reasonable to me.  

Your going at it the wrong way, offer a fixed price out the door, and let them deal with how to make it work with the numbers.

your just insulting them to remove set up and freight fees.

Edited by Spud786

Try Poway Powersports. You may have to try three dealerships, get OTD pricing and go from there, MSRP is a suggested price point over and above invoice. I have found twelve new 500 Exc-F near me in Southern California so there isn’t any shortage at the moment. Use this to your advantage , call around and get pricing if you’re prepared to buy, they decide what you’re willing to pay. Add one needed on anything you buy but you can ride that bike stock for a while. Other than tires and  protection (skid plate).

Keep calm, don’t buy on emotion.

Good Luck

DM

F8B46DD4-B785-462D-973B-7F337FEDBB1A.png

I'm in san jose which is more like norcal so anything south is too far.  I offered 13200 out the door and the bastards said no way.  Another stealership quoted 14k as well. Crazy crazy  

KTM's own website says 2021 500exc is $12599 msrp   , so thats probably where that California dealer is getting the price, with the 800 freight/set up, plus tax $900, it would be close to 14,000 OTD

I was thinking they were more like $11599 msrp    ,  unless KTM either has a misprint, or they just increased msrp $1000

3 minutes ago, Spud786 said:

KTM's own website says 2021 500exc is $12599 msrp   , so thats probably where that California dealer is getting the price, with the 800 freight/set up, plus tax $900, it would be close to 14,000 OTD

I was thinking they were more like $11599 msrp    ,  unless KTM either has a misprint, or they just increased msrp $1000

I'm seeing 11,559 on ktm website. 

1 minute ago, Jr831 said:

I'm in san jose which is more like norcal so anything south is too far.  I offered 13200 out the door and the bastards said no way.  Another stealership quoted 14k as well. Crazy crazy  

Well one thing to understand if you are in a higher demand part of the country they are more expensive, and tend to get full pop.

I had one dealer do that too , so I went to another dealer and they wanted to sell a bike.

The original dealer who i gave an offer to, wouldnt negotiate at all, they are now out of business, and the dealer who sold me, got all of their inventory and Brands.

still if you are willing to travel, better pricing can be had.

18 minutes ago, Spud786 said:

That’s the price for a six days edition.

Yeah I saw that, Im wondering if they were quoting you six days, but it was actually base model?

Your 13,200 was very reasonable to the + side, they just arent dealing and want full pop for everything , plus interest on their time.

you Have to find a different dealer.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

53 minutes ago, Spud786 said:

Your 13,200 was very reasonable to the + side, they just arent dealing and want full pop for everything , plus interest on their time.

you Have to find a different dealer.

I agree with spud. Call around like we said. 
keep trying.

• Like 1