okay so i have my 2015 klx 140l with about 20 hrs on it when i got it i put about 10 on it but every time it was even just  a little cold it would be a pain to start which i know these bikes are really cold blooded but one time we couldn't get it to start at all so we got a new spark plug and it was about time to adjust the valves so we did to the factory size and bike still wouldn't start so we pulled the carb had a blown gasket replaced that cleaned the whole carb and once we put it back on we got it to start and idle so we thought we were done that was around 1:30 pm wasn't too cold but wasn't warm outside so then we put graphics and stuff on then we come back at around 10:30 pm and bike wouldn't start but with a little gas it would start but wouldn't idle at all we tried to rev it a little not too much and it still wouldn't idle and it was cold outside but not crazy cold what should we do ?

Fix the jetting in the carburetor,  to run in your cold weather. 

Its 2021. There is no such thing as "cold blooded". That was an excuse for a crappy running engine. 

Increase the pilot jet size, all these new bikes are jetted extremely lean from the factory

7 hours ago, Singletrackfoevah said:

I’m far from the grammar police, but holy smokes that’s a painful read.😳

i just realized my son got on here and wrote this.excuse the bad grammar, i just told him to come on here and say " my bike wont run when its cold, nut when its warmer it'll start any ideas?" and holy crap it just sounds like one big run on sentence.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Turn,TheScrew said:

Fix the jetting in the carburetor,  to run in your cold weather. 

Its 2021. There is no such thing as "cold blooded". That was an excuse for a crappy running engine. 

Nice cool you dont understand its a 2015 klx 140l which is an air cooled engine with a carb lol cold blooded means its hard to start in the cold you clearly are not the guy i need to be talking too how would it be a crap engine if it was completely redone top to bottom lol no thats not an excuse thats common sense with a carbed bike cmon now buddy 

I re read your first post again. 

You poured gas into the engine and that fired it up. This is a giant flag waving that says "I'm way too lean, give me some fuel!"

change the pilot  or purchase the JD kit to fix this problem. 

All of my current bikes are carbureted. 

They start 1st kick if it's 10°f or 110°f.

It is NOT common sense to have a bike that is nearly impossible to start.

Edited by Turn,TheScrew
  • Like 3

omg its an electric start only no kick and no we already had the cold start jetting kit into it already and no we did not pour gas into the engine we arent dumb. and we figured it out all of our rubber components in the carb were blown put a after market carb put our cold start kit in and it started u have to understand you are in virginia and we are in washington 2 completely different humidity levels the jets were fine  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Turn,TheScrew said:

That was the kid again.  Had to be.

Screenshot_20210118-224747_Chrome.jpg

One and the same I think.....

7 hours ago, hoov165x said:

Yikes!!!  Product of the public school system???

hes an 8 year old kid.... and as far as i know a grown man should not be disrespecting another mans child end of story. I think that's pretty cowardly and quiet frankly immature  but you have a good one kiddo

At this point it is impossible to know if we are talking to the dad or the kid.

The repair advice has been given and was dismissed by the OP or someone he shares the account with.

Just close the thread. 

Edited by Turn,TheScrew
  • Like 1