California Restriction.

This is a new one.  I just tried to order a replacement vent cap for a VP utility jug.  Mine cracked.  Nope, it’s a restricted item, not to be imported into California.  Hard to believe.  But then again, not.  This state is so fouled up.  We need a part time legislature.  These clowns in Sacramento have too much time on their hands for writing ridiculous regulations.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PhilthyX said:

I assume smuggling one in cross the border into CA MIGHT be a literal PITA.

Otherwise reach out to someone on TT who could buy/mail you one from another state?

I put a couple of strands of safety wire around it, so it’s workable for now.  I’ll figure something out.

• Like 1

I live in this wonderful state as well and had the same problem. I just wound up ordering them through a different vendor and they shipped them to me no problem.

7 hours ago, Gflo said:

This is a new one.  I just tried to order a replacement vent cap for a VP utility jug.  Mine cracked.  Nope, it’s a restricted item, not to be imported into California.  Hard to believe.  But then again, not.  This state is so fouled up.  We need a part time legislature.  These clowns in Sacramento have too much time on their hands for writing ridiculous regulations.

0C099273-AD7E-403F-A0A5-1AFA33B1570E.thumb.jpeg.a5d80d540d8d0da10d89d7bbdc8ceaff.jpeg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Gflo said:

You just gotta buy from better people. lol

This what your looking for ?

X001.jpg

Edited by Govt Cheese is BACK

Wait till you go to change out your HVAC.  What cost me less than $1,200 shipped from FL with free shipping a few years ago for a different house here, is available out of state for about $1,500.   For CA it $3,500+.

It is worse if you live in certain Zip Codes in LA and San Bernardino Counties.  They will ship some standard CA ones to Ventura and Kern Counties that they won't ship to LA County. 

Some I know of are looking into buying  a small house in AZ or NV and make that their residence.  Then keep the house here as a second  home. 

They say you can save on income tax and buy whatever you want and almost break even then have and increasing investment in the house.  It can be sold down the road if need be. 

LV, Pahrump NV.  For AZ across the river from Needles or Havasu or Parker. 4 hr to So Cal.  They say the hard part is talking the wife into it!

• Haha 2

I'm in heating and air conditioning and you should see the price difference if you buy a unit that's approved for San Joaquin County. It's literally a 50% price increase. Not to mention the efficiency standards that are mostly driven by the EPA, but also this state that trickle down are causing the condensing units that go outdoors to become enormous. You cannot gain efficiency without surface area? My question is what is your threshold? It's kind of hard when somebody tells me they want the most efficient unit possible and I give them the dimensions and they almost have a heart attack.

11 hours ago, redwood thumper said:

It's mostly RCMATV. You can order carb parts, fuel line, etc from other vendors no problem.

Just bought a 9500 dual fuel generator through Amazon.  Had to ship it to AZ to the sisters house then go retrieve it.  Excuse to see the family but still kinda lame for a CARB APPROVED generator.  Some sort of foul up in a computer somewhere blocked this model from all major retailers (Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, etc) for CA residents even though it is CARB approved and labeled.

• Haha 1

2 years ago I bought a Champion 4800 1/2 off from Home depot on line.  I messed up on deliver to store. I wanted Golden Triangle Rd and put in Golden Colorado. Colorado Home Depot sent it to me when it got there. 

The plastic for the carburetor and air box was ruined (a rod or something went through the box).  I tried to just get the part from Champion and fix it.  They wouldn't even ship the part because it turned out it was not CARB approved. I had to return it to the local Home Depot and got my $ back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1