Barcia would have won if...

5 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Thank you sir

Now post pics of him stuck in 1st not 3rd 

You could use logic and come to the conclusion that if he was stuck in 3rd then he would be jumping normally. But since he was not able to do some of the jumps combos, then it's possible the bike was stuck in a gear that was not ideal?.....or would that be too easy to connect those dots because you don't want it to be that way?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ah665 said:

You could use logic and come to the conclusion that if he was stuck in 3rd then he would be jumping normally. But since he was not able to do some of the jumps combos, then it's possible the bike was stuck in a gear that was not ideal?.....or would that be too easy to connect those dots because you don't want it to be that way?

Maybe he couldn't get the drive out of the corners because he was stuck in a higher gear. They may have fewer gears in the box which would make 1st more believable but I find it extremely unlikely that he was stuck in 1st and was able to maintain the lap times he did. It was more likly 2nd or 3rd and his team said 1st to make the man-child feel less inadequate   

https://results.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S2110/S1F1RID.pdf

• Helpful 1

6 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Maybe he couldn't get the drive out of the corners because he was stuck in a higher gear. They may have fewer gears in the box which would make 1st more believable but I find it extremely unlikely that he was stuck in 1st and was able to maintain the lap times he did. It was more likly 2nd or 3rd and his team said 1st to make the man-child feel less inadequate   

Ya and according to the posting they made it sound like it happened early. Seems really far fetched (fabricated) to think he beat that many of even the bottom 10 stuck in 1st. I was speculating that it was probably at least functional till late in the race as well. Bike is good guy is doing well but walking on water is out of his wheel house. ?

Edited by Chaconne
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Yeah, probably. I'm sure a guy with 20,000 hours on a dirtbike couldn't tell the difference between first and second on a three speed transmission!

• Haha 2

Just now, mxaniac said:

Without knowing how tall first gear is, it seems like we're arguing just to be arguing.  I used to do 3rd gear starts on my Maico when I weighed 125 lbs.  These guys could be using a first somewhere between a normal second and third for all we know.

Tall?? Really? Maybe in some parts of the track that will work but why wouldn't he be falling way behind in the straights and flats? He maintained his general position throughout the race. That makes no sense. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Tall?? Really? Maybe in some parts of the track that will work but why wouldn't he be falling way behind in the straights and flats? He maintained his general position throughout the race. That makes no sense. 

I wasn't on the track so I'm speculating, but I've ridden a local "supercross" track and only used 2nd and 3rd on a 2T.  Given how high a 4T will rev and how short the track is, I don't think I can definitevly call BS on anything.  If he had a 3 speed, which we don't know, I think his best lap times would have been when stuck in 2nd.  That's contradicts what was reported though.  Could a high revving bike make it around that short of a track in 1st?  It doesn't seem real likely based on my bike, but I can't rule it out with all the unknowns.  His bike could be so different that our experience isn't very relevant.

3 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I wasn't on the track so I'm speculating, but I've ridden a local "supercross" track and only used 2nd and 3rd on a 2T.  Given how high a 4T will rev and how short the track is, I don't think I can definitevly call BS on anything.  If he had a 3 speed, which we don't know, I think his best lap times would have been when stuck in 2nd.  That's contradicts what was reported though.  Could a high revving bike make it around that short of a track in 1st?  It doesn't seem real likely based on my bike, but I can't rule it out with all the unknowns.  His bike could be so different that our experience isn't very relevant.

Well fair enough. But I have my doubts especially with so many good fast riders able to use their gearing and BamBam to not lose that many positions. 

We will need a data logger of Barcia bike next to prove it lol 

10 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Well fair enough. But I have my doubts especially with so many good fast riders able to use their gearing and BamBam to not lose that many positions. 

Maybe he just rode really well 

• Haha 1

If he was stuck in high first or second with a 3 speed box and an rpm range of literally 4000 to 12000, and we know he likes to rev, his ride is quite feasible.

FWIW in a vintage class I ride in the CCM's have gone from 4 speed to 3 speed and all go faster, more reliably.

No joke a good 580 or so CCM single has nowhere near the grunt or range of a 450F and if you use the clutch brutally hard on the start could race as a 2 speed.

Edited by Momus
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Dangit!   Why do you gotta be bringing logic & reason into the discussion?  I wanna believe he was stuck in 1st gear!

@Bryan II....can we get a "Barcia safe space" sub forum where people are only allowed to say nice things about Barcia?  These people using basic reasoning skills are starting to piss me off!

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Momus said:

If he was stuck in high first or second with a 3 speed box and an rpm range of literally 4000 to 12000, and we know he likes to rev, his ride is quite feasible.

FWIW in a vintage class I ride in the CCM's have gone from 4 speed to 3 speed and all go faster, more reliably.

No joke a good 580 or so CCM single has nowhere near the grunt or range of a 450F and if you use the clutch brutally hard on the start could race as a 2 speed.

46 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Dangit!   Why do you gotta be bringing logic & reason into the discussion?  I wanna believe he was stuck in 1st gear!

@Bryan II....can we get a "Barcia safe space" sub forum where people are only allowed to say nice things about Barcia?  These people using basic reasoning skills are starting to piss me off!

Watch the video above

1 hour ago, MotorBoatin said:

Never change man. Never seen the goalposts move so fast.

• Haha 3

Just now, MotorBoatin said:

Stop moving it 

That was my first post in this thread haha, what did I move?

"I don't like Barcia so I'm going to reach to devalue anything I can - lets try 'his shifter didn't break' oops that didn't work...Uhh it was actually third! That got em good!"

Criticize Barcia for taking AC wide in the heat or something, you don't need to grasp at straws to display you distain for the man.

• Helpful 1

3 minutes ago, 150dirtcomber said:

That was my first post in this thread haha, what did I move?

"I don't like Barcia so I'm going to reach to devalue anything I can - lets try 'his shifter didn't break' oops that didn't work...Uhh it was actually third! That got em good!"

Criticize Barcia for taking AC wide in the heat or something, you don't need to grasp at straws to display you distain for the man.

He's like Farva in Super Troopers when he puts a bar of soap in the new guys' coffee. "GOT YOU GOOD YOU ****ER!"