Open Club  ·  107 members

SC Dirt Riders

The Shoals MX

I rode there this weekend for the first time.  It was amazing.  It had 9 mx style tracks, one smaller gncc style loop, and woods that seemed to keep going with unmaintained trails without arrwos.  Most of the tracks were groomed.  At one point I looked over and saw Ryan Sipes silhouette above the trees as he cleared the step-up quad that even Stew Baylor and Josh Strang weren't doing.

I think I'll go back in a month or two.

Edited by Honeybagder
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 9:38 AM, Honeybagder said:

I rode there this weekend for the first time.  It was amazing.  It had 9 mx style tracks, one smaller gncc style loop, and woods that seemed to keep going with unmaintained trails without arrwos.  Most of the tracks were groomed.  At one point I looked over and saw Ryan Sipes silhouette above the trees as he cleared the step-up quad that even Stew Baylor and Josh Strang weren't doing.

I think I'll go back in a month or two.

I don't ride tracks often (not a high flier), but I am interested in that gncc style loop and trails. How long for both if you had to guess. Just trying to gauge if it's worth the drive if my primary riding is not track. Also, you mention 9 tracks. Any mild ones? Thanks.

On 1/21/2021 at 10:56 AM, Sthrnromr said:

I don't ride tracks often (not a high flier), but I am interested in that gncc style loop and trails. How long for both if you had to guess. Just trying to gauge if it's worth the drive if my primary riding is not track. Also, you mention 9 tracks. Any mild ones? Thanks.

The gncc type loop is only a few miles long at most.  The trails are unmarked and were in disarray so I can't comment on them really, they were too confusing for me to try riding in.

There is one big mx track, one big sx track, and the rest of the tracks are smaller and milder versions.  One of them is a pure turn track that was 10/10.

My primary type of riding is woods.  But I have fun on mx tracks as well.  I would not suggest going if you do not have fun on a track.

• Like 1