XR200 Rear Shock replacement for 1995 XR200R

looking for replacement rear shock on a 1995 XR200R.  can't find the factory part, or the after market part, and wondering if anone knows of something that might be close enough.  bought the rebuild kit for the stock part before I took the shock off (yes I'm a moron too), and it says "do not open", so am guessing it had already been replaced, but it doesn't have any other marks or numbers on it.  looking for this crowd to throw me a hail mary.

1993 to 2002 XR200's have a non-rebuildable rear shock. The stock Honda(part# 52400-KT0-A01) shows available but it's $520-600. Hagon makes shocks about the same price range. Worx Shocks used to, not sure if daughter was able to keep place open, website doesn't appear to be updated. A lot of people convert to the earlier long travel suspension with it's rebuildable rear shock.

Edited by ArkEnduroRider

I've read that the 93-02 shock is rebuildable like the CRF150/230 shocks. Might check the 230 forum for info on rebuilders.
The limited travel of the 93-02 can be a problem for some riders and terrain but the low seat is an advantage for other uses.

Using the 84-85 XR200R/250R or 86-91 XR200R shock is a great improvement but it raises the rear of the bike almost 2" so the forks must be lengthened or replace with longer units.
The 84-02 XR200R forks all fit the triples and wheel and the do share most parts so replacing forks or swapping in some parts are two options. 84-85 and 86-95 XR250R front ends (forks/triples/wheel/brake) also work and have a disc and correct length for the early shock. *4-85 XR250R forks are larger in diameter than the XR200R and provide better steering and handling, 86-95 are even larger in diameter.  All of the above forks are damper rod style, are easy to tune, but not the most versatile for varying terrain and speeds. There are references in the 230 forum on suppliers who mod the DR fork.
The 96-04 XR250R forks are early gen damper rod forks but others have found the XR400R forks provide better performance.

on edit: Suspension choice really depend on the terrain you ride and how you ride. I began competing using damper rod forks with only 6 1/2" of travel.  Then to MX forks with 12.5" of travel.   Now I'm riding bikes with cartridge forks with 10.5 and 11" of travel for trail riding.  But I still ride a Trials bike with cartridge forks with 6 1/2" of travel. So I suggest riding your terrain with the bike as you bought it, and if you can also try other's bikes. Then you will be better able to decide if any suspension mods may be beneficial.

Edited by Chuck.
added comments